GeForce ForceWare 260.89 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sarditia, Oct 11, 2010.

?

260.89 Beta Rating:

Poll closed Oct 25, 2010.
  1. Better than 260.63

102 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. Worse than 260.63

13 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. The same.

52 vote(s)
    28.4%
  4. Not good at all.

16 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Image quality will only vary if you use the default setting, and even then its nowhere near as drastic as this.
    [​IMG]

If you use the same game, and CP settings, there should be no difference unless something is broken, or added/removed,
    With everything im playing there isn't any difference and i tend to judge image quality from about 12inches from a 46inch screen.

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i found that vsync isn't working right with these or 260.63. the frame rates stay locked @ 60, but the game is a bit choppy (un-smooth) utill i force vsyc through the NVCP, then its smooth again.

the games ive had this issue with are: cod W@W, cod4, mw2, BC2, and MOH. so if you use vsync and feel the game isnt running smooth try forcing vsync in the CP. worked for me :)

3. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Make a screen shot of both of them like Ukraver have sad, i play allot
    of games and movies and i see no difference in them, IQ is the same as
    Geforce Win7 x64 258.96 WHQL.

4. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    These drivers are horrible with Civ. 5 :puke2:

5. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Strange.. No issues here with Civ 5. Performance is great IMO.

6. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Dude please ... that's just it I don't want to disable it anymore without knowing what it does now ...
    That's my question and noone else responds .... and now you're like this lol, you shouldn't have answered then eh.

So anyone know what the Nvidia driver helper service exactly does AND /OR the NVxDSync.exe ... ?

Thanks in advance.

7. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I'm getting some strange lines and Civ. crashes too :3eyes:

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

yea dudeee.. :rolleyes:

and like i said they introduced it with 260.xx because without it you could have profiles missing, control panel not working (for some people) and by the looks of it it controls 460gtx idle states..

Now take it or leave it or ask nvidia, instead of bashing my observations and saying i talk bs.

9. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    *delete*

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  10. Zooze

Zooze Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX465 1Gb Dual Fan
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Zoozer

11. sarditia

sarditia Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GX2 Black Edition
  12. Neverwinterx

Neverwinterx New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB
    Is there any improvement in Medal of Honor (2010) with the beta 260.89 or beta 260.63 compared to 258.96 WHQL?

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ok i just had to post this, im testing 2 new drivers one older 198.25 HP quadro and 259.70 msi mobile, see for your self how they ruined Dirt 2 with latest drivers

this is 1st run, with forced 16xaf, threaded opt. on, triple buffer on and 4xaa in game., for all 3 tests.

198.25!!

although they're a little slower in just cause2 lost 1.5fps on avg compared to 25x.xx and they are missing a profile or two so that kinda sucks..

Lostplanet2 test b was actually 1 fps faster even though it was missing its profile, go figure.

edit:
    Final fantasy XIV benchmark runs like a dream, so smooth compared to 260.89; i forgot how smooth/without spikes it runs with 19x.xx series.. and i got 10 points more lol 4350 (198.25) vs 4340 (260.89)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  14. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    i prefer good iq and fast fps , shouldnt we all

dont wear glasses neither and i dont see any proof coming forward off u to go to the opticians

so far so good with this set , not 1 problem so far gaming and media:)

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    IQ of these drivers is definitely good. If it seems to be really bad, obviously bad, it's rather some configuration or installation that went bad.

@hunter: Maybe it got much worse for your older card but these drivers are much better for newer models. It just makes sense that at one point, there isn't anything left to optimize with a given architecture.

16. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

maybe only on your set up.
    I haven't heard the driver itself can lower the 'actual' resolution of game's textures.
    maybe you should wipe your samsung xl1234 or whatever that is, or check Nvcp for AF.

currently playing deadrising2 and fifa11 on uh... yeah highest settings Earth can provide, but I don't see any blurriness. sharp as usual.
    well, since I don't have a copy of metro, I haven't checked with it though.
    maybe its textures just plain suck or something I dunno.

doesn't mean that 260s rock over 258.96 though, I've got good and reasonable performance gain from 258.96 at the time too.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    nope, sry wrong

I see boosts in other games; they ruined Dirt2 perf with latest drivers.. Try it for yourself if you dont believe me, 470/480gtx is supported too with that driver, not officially but you can mod inf.

And i've seen some other members with 465gtx or 480gtx sayin it runs worse compared to lets say 258.96. They also lost 5-7fps on avg; i already said this in the past with 257 or 258 driver that Dirt2 runs much slower now, but i never guessed it runs that worse..

18. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Omg dude you have issues, I simply asked three times what it does because every time you were the only one who seemed to respond AND not understand what I was saying or asking, what else can I do then repeat it to you then as you seemed the one to know ... djeez

Where in gods name did I bash you, just leave it you don't have anything that can help me so why do you reply anyway ? Just like you did right there again, saying I was bashing you. I don't bash anything, I want to know something, and FYI I already went and asked at Nvidia.
    Noone seems to know it there too.

If I had been in your position and someone else would've asked this I would've simply not answered because I wouldn't have the answer, you just say random stuff...

Djeeeeeeeez

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    you're the one with issues.

And again im not saying some random stuff, looks like you can accept the fact its for that what i just said its for.

i wont bother replying to your nonsense anymore.

20. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I have a superb rendu in Dead Space :) the GPU load is very low, less than 50% maybe it is normal... I don't miss the LOD tweak in this game as it is just perfectly blury :thumbup:

It is also very nice in F1 2010/BFBC2 and i can't see any change in Metro 2033 at the moment.

When OCing i have no difference in MAX clocks compared to previous releases i think, it is just ok.

cheers