EA Artist, Soon To Be Laid Off, Burns EA Management

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Denial, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-1903

I thought this was amusing. Was looking forward to Old Republic, not so much anymore. Guess we'll see when it comes out.

2. HellsAn631

HellsAn631 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295 715/1250
    That what goes on when a game company becomes as big as EA, and turns into a company that makes games, and not a game studio.

Indie Games are such a great hit now adays because people have forgotten what a good game is supposed to feel like, what a labor of love is supposed to be. I just can't wait until EA and Activison both die out, eventually, because of their own greed.

3. Nerus

Nerus Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 470 amp!
    Well I am very glad that one person spoke out and I always thought old republic will be a failure, its obvious from the videos, had such a great potential though.

Fear not my friends we still have one single mmo project to look forward to, Guild Wars 2, I believe so far this game is made with a secret ingredient - love for mmo ;)

4. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Anonymous keeps on confusing the masses. Everyone knows that Big Publisher like EA is a cancer for the creativity and the promised land for mediocrity, so what? You're not their type - do not work with them, go join some Frictional. Shame on those guys who care about pink slips more than for the things they do. It's not like Bioware and others had no choice but to be bought, c'mon. And yeah, "little guys", as he puts it, always blame their bosses and management for the lack of their own skill. That's the way things are, deal with it.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    $300million on Old Republic, 20gig sound file, sounds like they are going to need to price everything high to get their money back if that's true, and im not sure those are using lower spec PC's (and there are alot of them in the MMO genre) will be that happy to have what will probably be a near BluRay sized game.

The tone of the post is very sour grapes, as you would expect from a sacked paid off off employee, so i will wait and see how much of this turns out to be accurate.

6. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    **** ea

7. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    He sounds like someone who likes to bitch and moan and nobody likes that type of person working for them. No wonder he got fired.

8. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    or the type of person who wants to express an opinion other than agreeing like a yes man even if the ideas of management are complete and utter crap?

9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    My opinion of EA has slowly been going down over the past couple of years. The whole BC2/1943/MOH fiasco really put me on the burner, though. I finally understand what all those old CnC people talk about.

10. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    It's not his company. He applied for the job and they hired him. He should just earn his paycheck until he earns a position of management.

11. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    doesnt matter if it is his company or not, a GOOD company listens to the experts and its employees.

12. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    If he didn't have the guts to be a whistle blower while still working for the company or quit on his own merit then I must take what he says with a grain of salt. He continued to accept a check & now he paints them in this light knowing he's being laid off, pathetic I say!

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't have any issues with EA, or even Activision.

All big companies are cold and ruthless and all about the money, i work for one myself, and its how they get to be big in the first place.

Isn't it supposed to be a she, or is it a he pretending to be a she to make it less likely of being found out.

14. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    They're games, ShadowMyth. Not human lives. :/

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Blizzard is in the habit of releasing 1+gb patches....lol. My WoW folder is 28.5gb.... MMO players don't seem to have such a problem with install size as they do game performance.

16. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Games are our lives! j/k When you work for a company & people you feel this way about, continue to take their money, YOU ARE part of the problem. Have some self dignity man, or woman!

Redemption80 that makes more sense if it's a chick that wrote it, sounds vindictive. Reminds me of a woman scorned. Everyone's had that girlfriend that you break up with & then talks all kinds of trash about you, even though you had her in bed, screaming your name, saying I love you the night before. :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Really, didn't know that, only know 2 MMO players though, but they are constantly bitching about large downloads.

ShadowMyth, it says "So just call me EA Louse." which i initially mis-read as Louise, but saying that it does sound like an angry female rant to me:wanker:

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    sounds like you've met some of my ex's....

Lastnight's patch session for WoW consisted of a 4.76gb patch, a "tool update" that was a couple kb and a 1.5gb patch.... People always complain about the large update patches and for good reason. There shouldn't be so many bugs that patches get to be larger than 1gb.

Blizzard is giving WoW support for Dx11 though....so really can't complain about the large patch size but so much.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  19. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Indeed, I believe I did, says she wants her ABBA cd back & she didn't mean to give you that black eye.
    [​IMG] j/k :p

20. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    You should post those comments about author being a female on this blog, so that he gets even more angry, lol