Issues with Need For Speed Undercover...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Amadeus_Esso, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amadeus_Esso

Amadeus_Esso New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    A few days ago I recieved a free copy of Need For Speed Undercover from EA for the unfortunate closing of RTW's servers for the game APB. (I'm not saying everyone who bought the game will get a free game, my case was special because I preordered and paid full price)

I was a huge fan of Need For Speed: Most Wanted and I wanted a new experience of winning races and matching wits with the computer AI cops.

Everything was going well, the game ran well for about a day or two until last night, where I began experiencing stuttering and low framerates, always less than 60 fps. I shut down many unneeded processes as instructed by EA's technical pages, but alot of the things I did did not help, in fact, some of the things I did made my computer behave worse (like freezing during the loading windows animation during boot-up). I rolled back my video card's drivers, to a previous driver.

Now I can't even launch any games. I'm afraid something is wrong with my PC (but I am quite paranoid that way) and I'm kinda poor so it takes me awhile to get up enough cash to replace parts and make upgrades. I doo work part time, but the money I get is nothing compared to the amount of money I COULD be dumping into this machine.

Can someone help me with my issues? I'd appreciate it greatly.

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    It appears that you have already another thread open about the issues you experience with your PC, Amadeus_Esso.

@all: please post any suggestions/solutions in this thread:

Windows 7 failed to start. (request)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=324135

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.