RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ok fixed my issue with the dont allow api unless in my list profile box ;)

2. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Yep, I'm using Vsync with TB, not double sync. Double sync has the 30fps cap, and that's the feel I'm getting ingame. So I guess that TB is not enabled.

But really, with D3Doverrider works, so, I don't know where is the problem :)

3. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    In my PC Temporal AA is working flawlessly and the impact is shown in the FPS improvement when having it active or not... Maybe because my card is 1+ years old. Recommend: do not remove it but keep it disable as it is today. Up to the user to enable it or not... BTW, I'm using CFAA and highest game AA setting...

As for the latest version (bug Fix), I hate to be a "Party Pooper" but it did not solve the problems for my system configuration (ATI HD4850 2 Gb X2) but rather introduced a new issue.

My previous post http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3726770#post3726770 explains how the xFire bars are not showing all 4 GPU working, but rather only oscillating in the bottom portion of the bars.

After installing v1.0.10.0, a new problem has been added where the bars show very small when games using the Cry engine are started (Aion, Farcry) at the top left corner of the screen as seen here:

Figure 1: Aion, small crossfire bars (top left corner)
    [​IMG]

Now, the bars show normal again upon return to game, after Alt-Tab from desktop. But strangely, the bars are fully functional (showing 4 GPU activity) and then go back to only oscillate in the bottom portion of their area (about 5 sec after returning to game from Desktop), better shown in the following two screenshots:

Figure 2: Inmediately after Alt-Tab back from Desktop
    [​IMG]

Figure 3: Roughly 5 sec passed after Alt-Tab back from Desktop
    [​IMG]

Same behavior occurs in other games, as shown next:

Figure 4: FarCry
    [​IMG]

Figure 5: StarCraft II
    [​IMG]

We might think, well, VSync might be the issue or the 4 GPU default to 2 once back to the game... Well this is not the case as VSync is off and all 4 GPU are logged as fully functional as shown in:

Figure 6: MSI Afterburner
    [​IMG]

On a last potential bug, latest version is not showing the bubble help in not a single one of any settings with the exception of the small icons for configuration, wizard, etc. Even the windows start-up "Welcome Screen" have all help balloons functioning. Just latest last two RadeOnPro builds are not showing in the so mentioned configuration areas. Not critical as I know what the options are for, so only reporting as not showing on my system.

Japamd, as I stated in my last post, if you'd like to know any other info or for me to test anything on my PC just let me know and I'll help with it.

Mejiarma

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It doesn't crash on my rig, I don't have the launcher added..

5. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Using 1.0.10.0 rigth now. Vsync works on the witcher :)

6. nff1987

nff1987 New Member

GPU:
    755M
    can't start it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

getting these errors, I just downloaded last version and installed it, but it doesn't work.

help please I want to optimize crossfire on FF XIV

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Do you have your display connected via HDMI? Crysis DirectX10 doesn't mesh well with AMD/ATi drivers (it used to be with Nvidia drivers as well early on, but they fixed it after a while). It won't run your display at the highest possible refresh rate if it's connected via HDMI (same with many other DirectX10 games that don't allow you to choose a refresh rate manually, by the way). The (double) ALT+ENTER workaround to get it back to 60Hz actually sets it into a "fake full-screen mode" which is just a borderless window mode. So your performance will be degraded and only one of your cards may be doing the rendering. Also the VSync, Tripple Buffering settings, etc. may not be applied in windowed mode. Try to force the refresh rate to 60Hz in your Crysis RadeonPro profile (but it may not work with the Crysis engine), but if that doesn't help there are other things to try, like removing all but the 60Hz display settings from the driver's .inf and reinstalling your drivers. If your lucky and your display does have a DVI input, then use that instead of the HDMI one, it will work fine with DVI. There are other approaches published on the web one could try, but I haven't been able to successfully use any of them in the past.

The European version is working, but it hasn't been updated to go Free to play patch yet, so there is still no DX11 and whatnot.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I seem to be having some problems enabling CrossFireX in games that had it disabled via a profile when using the Verde skin. If I use the classic skin then it works as expected.

For example, I had a profile for FIFA 11 which disabled CFX and forced 16xAF. I discovered that Afterburner's OSD caused the game to go laggy despite always running at 60 fps so I disabled that and used RP's own framerate counter instead. Result: lagginess fixed! So I tried repeatedly to re-enable CFX in the profile but the CFX icon never displayed while playing even though the profile showed it was enabled. When I switched to the classic skin and enabled CFX the icon displayed so the game was running on two GPUs (confirmed also by the flickering on screen transitions).

I did a clean install of RP v1.0.10.0, including deleting all the settings and profiles, then restored the profiles from a backup.

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    @Mejiarma: I'll compile something to you so we can grab more detailed information from your quad-cfx.

Cool!

Windows XP support is somewhat limited right now, please try an ealier version if you're limited to Windows XP.

I've ended downloading the 10 GB installer to check it out myself :wanker:

It's working on free to play with DX11 :)

I've detected some issues with forced triple-buffering in DX9/10/11, vsync issue in DX9 and some profile save routines that could lead to what you're reporting. It's fixed but I've found another problem: after running some specific games, so far: Far Cry (the first game) and Dawn of War: Soulstorm demo, the program suddenly stops detecting other applications launch.

10. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    aoc dx10 is still crashing but only when bringing up the options menu in game using f10 or escape keys. i tried disabling screenshots in radeonpro and its still causing it to crash. temporal AA is not being used.

11. Knutselmaaster

Knutselmaaster Active Member

GPU:
    AMD6870 xfire
    since updating to .10 i got these errors too:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Updates

10/10/2010 - New build 1.0.10.1 - Bug fix release

- Fixed: some profile properties cannot be unset after being set (e.g. Video Spoof, Aggressive API detection and others settings)
    - Fixed: D3D tweaks (forced vsync/triple-buffering) not working in some games. Try Aggresive API detection if it's not working. To quickly identify if it's working or not, try forcing Double vsync to see if framerate gets capped by 30 FPS (or half of vertical refresh rate).

13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    thanks, works fine here (the video spoof)

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Can you please try to delete your current profile and recreate it leaving all settings to default, just to see if it works?

It's working for me, I have only AF 16x configured on profile.

http://p4ouuw.blu.livefilestore.com...geOfConanDX10.exe_2010-10-10-12-21-46-592.jpg

Windows XP support is somewhat limited right now. If you're limited to Windows XP, please keep using an earlier version. Sorry.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    japamd , texture lod still isnt saving on 10.1

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

Edit: checking.

17. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I've tried the D3D tweaks, it seems it doesn't work me yet in STALKER games. The FPS get caped at 30-31 fps in most areas. I tried activating it double sync to see the difference, activating it with TB and with force agressive option checked. The same. If I try D3Doverrider again with, I get 43-45 fps in the same scene.

I don't want to bother you japanmd, but that's the info I can provide :( (also uninstalled - reinstalled the application and re-created the game profile).

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Working for me with CoP and Shadow of Chernobyl

http://p4ouuw.blu.livefilestore.com...INKR/xrEngine.exe_2010-10-10-14-27-55-413.jpg

http://p4ouuw.blu.livefilestore.com...7mlhH-/XR_3DA.exe_2010-10-10-17-30-06-709.jpg

PS: if double vsync works, then triple-buffering must be working too if defined on profile (they share the same routine)

No need to use Aggressive API detection for STALKER.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  19. nff1987

nff1987 New Member

GPU:
    755M
    ty for the answer, anyone has a link for a version that works on xp then ? I only find the last build.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Previous versions can be downloaded using the following pattern

http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/BUILDNUMBER/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

Ex: to download build 1.0.7.51, use

http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/1.0.7.51/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.