AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Already backed up the 4 DirectX files (after reading about it in the first post of this thread). Never heard about such a problem with creative drivers, gonna google about it.
    thanks for the hint

2. xhinxhan

xhinxhan New Member

GPU:
    XFX 6870 @ 1015/1125
    So can you guys tell me which are the best drivers for the 5770?

3. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    4.23a with 4.24a patch.

4. xhinxhan

xhinxhan New Member

GPU:
    XFX 6870 @ 1015/1125
    Its for a friend of mine. Thx CorNeLL

5. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    |Ale| how much time have you tested 4.24 drivers for bad company2?
    I have hd 5870 crossfire and i take crash to desktop with all drivers i use only 10.5a works... really sad dunno what to do...

6. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Your phenom is not OC enough... :eek:c:

7. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    lol i need more mhz?
    Anyway i need to install modded inf or normal inf?

8. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    I would have to disagree. I have played Bioshock, Crysis, Dirt 2, BC2, DA O, and Mass Effect 2, with your drivers and I have not had any issues with AF. With Crysis, the dude showed a pic, I think you have to stare at that for a while before you actually notice it. While playing Crysis, I did not notice any haloing or transitions that the dudes are whining about. I think that is the key, PLAYING the game.

9. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

about 30 minutes... i know that it's not much time to be sure, but usually with previous driver i had crash to desktop in few minutes... i'll try to play more time.

i'm using modified inf without any app profiles.

10. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    ok mate thanks let me know if you crash and i will retry these drivers

11. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    how i can uninstall application profiles from my pc when i installed 4.34 drivers? seems the drivers install them in auto...

12. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    If your just going to PLAY the game, then put all the settings on the lowest, and get AMD drivers.

13. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Yes and no. For mobile users it was found that intel chipset limits the 2.0 PCI-E to 2.5 gb/s transfer rate.

But we have also seen that Catalyst 10.9a resolves the speed issue for desktop users to get their 6 gb/s.

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    No this actually depends on driver you use from me. the core driver below games would affect the result in-game is it actually taken on use or not and
    some of my builds this is even fixed in some level as they use older style of drawing no matter how stupid that sounds.

As what I meant for testing was since I atm have here Mobility HD5470 (Which I have currently under tweaking on my desktop right now) and I got here
    HD5670, HD5570, HD3650 and HD4870 cards standing on my floor, if I actually could see the issue on CFX setups myself instead of VNC:ing up.

You cannot unless you disable AI remove the BLB/EXE of appprofiles and then restart CCC. Start playing.

Well, we seen damn soon is this correct I am running HM55 with HD5470 on my desk right now. HP cheap crap box should do just fine for test subject. :)

Just finished modding myself 10.9 WHQL set laptop driver for HD5470. So, that should not cut it I assume.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  15. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    Sorry, I am wonder and curious about when is the next new Genetix Driver will be released?
    Or TwL, are you waiting for Radeon HD6000-Series and the new AMD Catalyst Control Center?

16. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Cool, I use a HD5870M and using your single monitor drivers. The 10.9a modded drivers for mobile from DNA fixed the PCI-E issue. The limit for PCI-E 2.0 for all mobile intel chipsets is 2.5 gb/s one way, about 5 gb/s, running at v1.1 theoretical speed limit of 8gb/s it looks like to me.
    - With your current drivers I'm running around 2.1 gb/s from CPU to GPU, but only 700 mb/s GPU to CPU. The DNA 10.9a modded drivers are around 3.0/3.1 both ways.
    - I've noticed this issue has zero impact on gaming. This does effect GPGPU and OpenCL applications heavily though. For workstation laptops, this would cripple their use. And 5870M can be soft modded into FirePro since FirePro is a HD5870M, this is a pertinent issue for many who buy HD5870M equipped for half the price of a workstation with FirePro.

Your current drivers are very stable. I haven't had any serious issues yet. The only one is in Darksiders with some textures shimmering, looks as though AF wasn't working quite right, but this is only in small parts, and something I completely overlook considering it is a direct console port. I don't fault your drivers or AMD for such a craptastic port, the game itself was fun though.

For reference on the Crysis Benchmark on all high, 1920*1080, it's very stable with 800/1100 clocks, and I get average 35 frames. For Batman AA same thing, 1920*1080, 800/1100 stable clocks, all settings highest except bloom turned off (bloom pisses me off), I get around average 90 frames. And drivers are stable, good stuff.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  17. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

played > 1 hour, no crash, great performance.

try this

18. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Tried that time ago, nothing... really i tried all things no way to fix crash to desktop... dunno anyway thanks to all for helping.

19. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Anyway just for more details, it's happens only with, crossfire+dx11 and when i die or when map change, not in others moments.

20. richport29

richport29 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4200
    What would be the best drivers for a ATI Radeon HD 4200?

I tried the HD3/4 Final Build v1.08, but for some reason I had no CCC. Maybe I missed something during the install?