AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    At least he has something to say ;)
    What are you bitter about anyway, ATIs drivers not good enough?

2. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Oh like you don't know.. :D

3. Fireballfx

Fireballfx New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850x2 2GB
    Newbie fail!

Thanks!

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @felang

I'd bet that, if you copy new profiles (or Install Application Profiles) over and use the 1.08 would work pretty flawless. I haven't been able to update the original set yet as I am still
    missing 1 AMD/ATI package to even current drivers which I said some time ago I think they will release some sort of '10.10' preview driver, if I ain't
    entirely incorrect from it.

the v4.2x combination you suggest there might be damn fast, but it would bring unstability to game like F1 2010. Although, I am pretty sure
    codemasters should fix it with an patch.

@commonly

Well, been digging some card prices here perhaps get couple new ATI cards for CFX just for fun of it. Seems, I could get pretty cheap test equipment, atm, market. In matter of
    fact getting this/next week HD5670(which is 128bit first GDDR5 card) which I am unsure but I could maybe use as for testing with HD5850 to get CFX straight'n up.

Also, since building new systems again probably get some equipment just for testing like I got here now HD3200(780G)+HD3650 and HD4<something>. Anyway, usually these machines are so
    slow that it's pain to test the equipment, but I got some good news on that area every card passing by like this will leave to me for testing. Since they get replaces with new.

(btw, I got to admit this AMD South Bridge and North Bridge are ABSOLUTE horrified crap. I wonder if this is actually some design of NVIDIA nforce
    redone. Nobody can push 2xSATA2 RAID-0 with start of the disc to go 149MB/s my god that's like slower than a single HDD. Plus the 780G board sounds like killing a cat while doing it, heh. )

-edit-

Hmm, anyone got any clue on subject 'ATI Hybrid CrossFireX' with HD3200(OnBoard)+HD3650(PCIe) according to all sources I got it should work
    straight up on installing drivers and with this system I am running it's advertised with it highly functional, but when I tested this through CCC
    (Manufacturer drivers)->v8.02->10.5a->10.9 seems I cannot get any sign that any kind of crossfire would be connected ?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010

5. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
  6. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    HD3200 works only with HD2400/3450 boards. HD3650 is too powerful to work in Crossfire with onboard graphics.

7. tykjen

tykjen Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    Just wanna say a BIG thanks for that DirectX information regarding BC2.
    Those 4 files were dated back to 2009..removing them saw a massive boost.
    And probably an even bigger boost after Ive installed your drivers. Kudos!

8. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I'm considering a new build also. My current motherboard has only 1 PCI-E v1.0 16x slot, but before purchasing a new motherboard I need a new monitor. My current motherboard has a p35 Intel chipset which is still alright (supports 2 extra DDR3 slots) but the bandwidth could possibly become a limiting factor if I add a recent graphics card. However, as I plan on purchasing a 21.5" LCD @ 1920x1080 (as opposed to current 1680x1050) my motherboard should hold until I replace it. I just hope my PSU can handle a hungrier graphics card combined with RAID 0 when I reinstall my OS at a future date.

I can see the $$$ adding up piece by piece already. ;)

Actually I'm very impressed with Intel's P35 chipset and their old Quad Cores (G0 stepping).

Mobility i7 and DDR3 (especially with the 8GB of DDR3 in my mates ASUS G73JH, the lucky bastard) creams my old setup. Maybe I'm a little jealous you could say, seeing as I scored that ASUS G73JH 5970 1GB Laptop for my friend for only AU$2,350. The laptop also has 2x500GB HDDs and runs surprisingly quiet. I wish I had of had a spare couple of grand lying around, but generosity helps me to be happy sometimes. :)

The 3.95 x64 build runs quite well on mobile 5870 1GB. :) I tried GRID and Mafia II so far which both ran well at Highest Settings (PhysX off on Mafia II, will test a little CPU PhysX later). I had to turn off WMV acceleration and video smoothing via CCC Video options to correct video playback in GRID, I might try WMV acceleration again once I check the codecs on the operating system.

Some users may also need to disable dynamic contrast in the Video section of CCC if they experience any problems with changing screen brightness while launching certain games, though this may only be a problem with particular graphics chips (ATI 5 series) and some ATI driver versions in games like Mafia II for example.

These problems are probably symptoms of codec support and driver support. As it is not my laptop I have not had time to properly check everything. Win 7 x64 is a vast improvement over XP but still faces interoperability issues with missing or conflicting 3rd party software support. It is always better to reinstall Windows on a new system to avoid bloat-ware, but customers are usually unwilling or unable to invest in the necessary time a technician needs to get the job done properly for them. They give you a week but then need their PC/Laptop back a day or two later. Time is precious for everyone unfortunately, and computers take as much time as they save initially. :)

HD3/4 Final Build v1.08 runs great with my 4890 on every game I have tried, still quite happy with it.

Thanks again TwL. :)

9. slamdunk1973

slamdunk1973 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1gb VaporX
    i wonder if this works in the MOH beta as well. will try it tonight, although the FPS in that game compared to BC2 is astronomical.

10. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Ok, will try 1.08 with 10.9 CAP when I get home... thanks

11. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Same here with my 4870 Single

12. tykjen

tykjen Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    Well I just installed the drivers, and the idle temperature got bumped by 6 degrees c...somethings not right.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Setting the AA filter to Box should fix that for you.

14. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    :dead: eh? Why wou... Never mind.

15. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @commonly

Studying this AF issue been pretty nasty week. Also ordering new cards etc etc. sure doesn't seem to go 'nice'. Sure can't get price/quality to ever come
    home fast it seems. I will be building next set as soon as the new equipment arrives as then I can test against CrossfireX and single card and HD3xxx card
    separately. Most in a hurry is the CFX set so I will be finishing that first.

Planned to test against following titles:

* Dirt 1/2 DX10/11 / F1 2010 / GRID DX9
    * Crysis DX10
    * BF:BC2 DX10/11
    * Prey DX9
    * Bioshock 1/2 DX10
    * COD 4 or 6
    * BIA:HH DX10
    * DA: O/A DX9
    * Mass Effect 2 DX9

Now, that is I think enough of titles that if all of them works 'better' we're good. However, I most address that I have maximum of 48 hours to do the
    whole testing for CFX. So, I will do my best with the effects checking and see what I can come up with.

If anyone has any other titles to replace or include in testing please let me know and I'll buy them or check them out while at it :question: :question:
    (Was thinking personally still to include some 'Techland engine' and ''Just Cause 2' perhaps.)

16. r0sWell

r0sWell Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 5770 @ 1015/1380
    on my computer, v4.23a is above all other drivers (no crash at all & fast & OC quite good :)).

thx for all your work !

the only sad thing is : the SC2 AA patch
    (personally i executed the batch 1 time, and i now run every game with the patch 'active', but i still see aliasing in games btw)

17. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Patch breaks stability of processing through, not AA in other games that is why it's to be restored to normal state as processing to your CPU and memory will be better with original files.

18. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Maybe a Source engine game? (Left for Dead 2 have the most updates)

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    No, Left for Dead 2 has new 0 to do with GPU only thing it needs is clean processing with CPU.

As for other source engine games. Half-Life 2 maybe and portal dunno of others might actually drop Mass Effect 2 out and switch to Source Engine. Kinda similar to DAO anyway.

20. tykjen

tykjen Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    It is on box already. But anyway, no crashes so far with these. Nice and smooth in MOH and BC2 full hd, never any hiccups. Kudos.