Will not analyze and clean in Windows 2000 Pro

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by rene, Oct 1, 2010.

1. rene

rene New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    First time user. I put a check mark next to NVIDIA-Display then click on "Analyze and Clean" and the only thing that occurs is the check mark disappears.
    History: Complete new computer build, Asus P5K64 WS, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295 graphics, WD 320Gb IDE HD and Windows 2000 Professional SP 4 (required for industrial plant purposes). After reading the forum I down loaded .NET Framework 2.0 and its updates. Then found a ver. 3.0 however it would not install with an error of "Newer Operating System Required".
    The NVIDIA driver has not worked, with an error message of "Control Panel Could Not Be Installed". I also get an error when opening Windows Display, and its Settings tab, therefore I'd like to try this Driver Sweeper. I've carefully followed the recommended procedures ie: removing the driver program first and rebooting in Safe Mode etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Rene

2. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    As found in the readme and help file it requires any OS with .NET 3.0 installed. 2000 doesn't supports .NET 3.0. You can install 1.5.5 but it's a lot outdated.

3. rene

rene New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Thanks for the tip Phyxion! It was hard to find vers. 1.5.5 but got it and worked perfectly! Enjoying the NVIDIA graphics. The guys at work now actually think I know something.
    Rene

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  4. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    No problem, glad you got things sorted :)