Darksiders coming to PC in June :D

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by thecake90, Apr 3, 2010.

1. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    I wish they had high res textures atleast.

2. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Yeah, I have the ice-breaking glove now. ^^Agreed. I thought it was lame at first but I got hooked as I continued to play. ^ Yes, it REALLY sucks that that don't even give you ANY graphic options and graphic quality is subpar.

3. TriCor

TriCor Guest

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT 512MB
    The biggest complaint I read was that it borrowed too much from Zelda.
    Anyway, I like what I can play of it, which isn't much.
    Stuck in the starter area, crashes when leaving the zone, patch didn't fix it, only worked when I loaded from the game folder as was suggested in the Steam forums. Can't do that now, since it's patched out.
    I guess they figured it would be too easy to steal, and share it with your friends, since it would launch without Steam or any other check I know of.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what complaints ? yes its not original, but its fun.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i am about 19 hours in the game and still havent finished it lol
    hopefully will do that tonight. looking forward to darksiders 2 already.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah man. game is long. and fun..and DS2 will be more awesome because it has coop.

7. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    Well, I haven't played any of those games that people say that it copied from (DMC, etc.) so for me it's great because I get to enjoy a collection of cool stuff from a variety of games that are apparently worth copying (otherwise, they wouldn't have).

BTW, they copied the whole floor-bricks-assembling-under-your-feet-as-you-walk thing from metro (metro, it was, right?).

Anyway, 4 gate keepers down and now I'm blazing through the desert on Ruin to meet my fate! LOL

ps-such a pity the damn graphic textures and stuff are not advanced... For me, that is a very important aspect of a game...

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    They copied it from Zelda. also pop has it. darksiders was released even before the metro game.

imho you should really let this part go, or you wont enjoy the games at all. its like looking at the fps counter all the time, is it at 60 or not ? lol ^^

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  9. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    Man, how can you compare the two? You SEE a game with your eyes! You visualize it. You don't smell it or taste it. To say that someone should dismiss the relevance of graphic visual quality is a bit inappropriate.
    People that are obsessed with FPS being extremely high, higher than the threshold that a human brain can even comprehend is totally different than wanted a game to LOOK really good.
    I mean, I think the voices in the game, especially War's, are pretty dumb, but I wouldn't mention it because that topic is of much lesser importance; that's something you can "let go". But as far as the graphics themselves, it is completely legitimate for that to be an important aspect of a game. It's actually quite obvious.

10. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    why would it be inappropriate, when whenever a console port is released its the same all over and over again. far to many people are saying its ugly, low res textures etc etc. and some dont even want to play the game because of this.
    basicly thats what you get from a port, they rarely bother to upgrade the graphics. we are lucky to get anisitropic filtering , aa , and resolution options if they are there.

12. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    Dude, I know why the graphics of this game are limited. That's not the point. The point is that it is legitimate to feel that you would have enjoyed a certain game more if the graphics had been better. And comparing that to FPS-derived obsessive-compulsive disorders that many gamers have is not an appropriate comparison.
    To me, it is unfortunate that this game has limited graphics because as much as I'm enjoying it as is, I would be enjoying the experience much more. :3eyes:

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i have no problem with you giving your opinion , atleast you are playing the game. im sorry if i misunderstood you and compaired you to what you call FPS-derived obsessive-compulsive disorders. i thought you were one of those people.
    i kind of like this term though, will continue to use this as fpsdocd in short in other threads, should be fun :D

14. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    ^ LOL! FPSDOCD. Exactly. I also thought about abbreviating it. ;-)

BTW, with my CPU, if I suffered from FPSDOCD, I would be fighting a lost battle. In terms of FPS, I take what I can get.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game is a lot of fun to play, I'm about eight hours in at the Dry Road part having just gotten the gun and Chronosphere ability. The only thing that annoys me about the game is the stutteriness and hitching. It runs poorly with CrossFireX (no surprises there!) but even with it and Catalyst A.I. disabled the game still suffers from split-second freezes that are distracting and just make the game seem shoddy and unfinished.

Is anyone else having these issues or know of a fix for it?

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I had little pauses there and here too. Didnt bothered. But i had them.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    im pretty sure , the stuttering is a problem of steam. before the patch with the CFX profile set to crysis, i had no stuttering at all. i do have now.
    i put the file to read only , but that didnt work , it overwritten the file.

Does anyone still have the 1.0 .exe file, and could kindly upload it please ???

18. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    @Darren Hodgson, I only get like 2 or 3 stutters within 5 minutes of launching the game but other than that, it runs smooth. Crossfire works fine, A.I. on advanced, I am still on TwL's 10.5a-based drivers.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @shinyns - I get stutters that seem to coincide with when the game is streaming data I think. CrossFireX with the 10.9a Hotfix drivers is horrible as the framerate is around 25-40 fps whereas with one card it runs at 60 fps all the time and never dips. Feels oddly laggy though with Catalyst A.I. on Standard but better with it set to Disabled.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    my FPS with the game was around 40 FPS with my old 285..dindnt try with my new shinny awesome perfect uber 480...