Earth 2.0 found

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    2xhd5970+Gtx260 /\ GT 230
    milky , eat your short .
    i wonder who do you think you are ?
    find a job or may be a way to go to "your" new earth 2 where you will find treasures ...

personnaly : i see it [ earth2 ] like the american dream , looking good on gwbu$4$ ' tv : fox news , that is now property of "obamama the jigga" [***** + jew] , but where in school the water is not good to drink : there are some warning that says it "non-potable" .

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yep, searching for a planet with the possibility of life is just another American plot for the domination of the universe. Give me a ****ing break. There are multiple countries, including scientists from France, looking for Earth like planets.

Ban this kid for being a troll already.

3. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Ironically, your own arrogance has clouded your judgement. Don't start with an assumption. Any assumption. Number of planets that are considered inhabitable before this discovery, one. Number of planets searched, billions. Number of planets that are considered inhabitable after this discovery, two. Significance of the find? That is subjective.

4. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Probably just upset that we found it first...

The SOPHIE (Spectrographe pour l’Observation des Phénomènes des Intérieurs stellaires et des Exoplanètes) échelle spectrograph is a high-resolution echelle spectrograph installed on the 1.93m reflector telescope at the Haute-Provence Observatory located in south-eastern France. The purpose of this instrument is asteroseismology[1] and extrasolar planet detection by the radial velocity method.

5. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    another dreamer that thinks "usa" is the star in the sky for all on earth ...
    americans are more looking like the guy that shoots in his feet than a normal one . if he knows usa is seen like the cigar everybody "creates" after wake up ......[':

we are in a planet that is destroyed at an incredible speed , thanks to north americans and a at a "slower speed" by japanese and europeans .
    this summer there was the gulf spill : what was important for obamama ? that bp pays even by using foot on the throat to get $$ ...
    i am sure fishes will not be Paid , not like those who are running to the south to get $$$ . [one funny think : obamama never said a word about money for others countries , the petrol never did bad to them ]
    with the help of global warming and some "Genetically modified organisms" no problemo that earth will be unlivable .
    going on another planet is another dream , just because earth is already not on a "way" of livability with current way of living some are having .

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  6. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    All semblance of intelligence has left this thread.

Can it be locked before it starts to smell like wine, cheese, and surrender?

7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    The ignorance he's displaying is quite impressive. If he had an iota of a clue he would be touting the EU's role in this discovery.

The EU has the best telescope on earth, it's a collection of four 8.2m mirrors that can be combined into a single telescope through some impressive optics. It's far more powerful than the hubble and can compensate for atmospheric interference. Some frenchmen even had a hand in building it and now work on the thing.

"The scientists discovered the new world using the HARP instrument on the European Southern Observatory 3.6 meter telescope in La Sille, Chile."
    in other words, this is an American discovery using European instruments (if I'm reading right). So instead of celebrating his countrymans accomplishments he's here pissing on their work without even knowing it.

photo from ESO:

[​IMG]

click for more

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I used the word assumption incoorectly. The scientific community has a formula for calaculating the likelyhood of intelligent life in the universe. It's called Drakes formula and the results come out at around 10,000 in the milky way alone. Now that isn;t assumption that's a respected formula used by the scientific community. When combined with the robustness and diversity of life on this world, again not assumption but fact, you can conclude that life in the universe is very very likely.

What seems to be the focus of this topic is not so much the fact that we have found an Earth 2.0 or that we may be close to finding life but the fact that we have managed to find it, the technical aspect of finding it.

This is where the difference of opinion comes in, a lot of folk will say yeah great well done this will lead to big things. I think and no doubt many other too will think, so what, this isn't gonna lead anywhere and the cash spent could have been better spent elsewhere.

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    man this french troll is insane, esp considering france is a nullfactor in our world atm

atleast us swedes have game(r)s and great music ;D

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    You're also developing one of the greatest arty's ever conceived.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Pretty good movies and books too. I just watched Girl with the dragon tattoo series + read the books. I'm a fan. Oh and "Let the right one in" was a great movie, haven't read the book yet though.

12. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    abba was great : my granma loved it , you also have queens , kings that have children that will be queens , kings of swedes... having nothing to do and be paid for that , only parasitism all life long , what a dream it should be :puke2:
    but are not in the euro zone

he with his fellow countrymen are voting extremists right wings and developing some theories about it , as americans they can not bear the non-fully white persons : they are not "pure-race" ...;']

all they watch is at millions or billions years light ....and may be even no longer existing .
    " but thats is true true true , the only truth that must be learned ." yes or not ? what is sure is no one from earth can get there alive , as we are far from having the speed of light in our "cars" millions year light should take billions year to travel for the ISS ... 8']

like CronoGraal , these "scientologists" should stop playing computers games and see that the place they live in , is sinking like the titanic .
    they should be addict to something that too much people already having it , had put in their brains . may be something like to be a tv star ? that is the most futile thing on earth .

by the way , i will try to no add posts any longer in here : :stewpid: :bang: and i have better things to do than being insulted by n000bs

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    We appreciate your efforts on behalf of humanity.

14. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    My sincerest apologies to Europeans, I had no idea how much it must suck to share a continent with people like that guy.

15. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    you are both too short , My continent is from China to France-Spain , with a lot of arabs and blacks . all of us having a lot of things to share , we do not care about searches of ghosts planets earth1_2 .
    see you when you ll have $ ;']

16. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    its a good thing we do because its probably the single most important thing the human race can do. to continue to thrive in the future we MUST inhabit other planets. this planet cannot be a home for ever. not at the rate we are raping it

17. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    this one too
    [​IMG]

18. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Did you take that photo with a phone camera?

19. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    The funny thing is, this comment is probably France's only contribution to western society. Embarrassing.

20. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Oh please. This is stupid. Don't generalise and start insulting France because of one idiot. I'm French, do I act like him? No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.