F1 2010 and Ati drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by zpaf, Sep 24, 2010.

1. zpaf

zpaf Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    Hello there to all
    I have already dirt2 and bad company 2 and run my trifire (3x5870) with 10.5a drivers. When i try to run F1 2020 with these drivers i have 20 25 fps and a lot of stuttering. I switch to 10.9 official and all problems in F1 2020 disappear but I have random crashes to the other two games.
    So anyone can help me to find the best driver for these 3 games to play.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Shekers

Shekers Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor 7970 CFX
    Did you try 10.5a w/ the 10.9 Profile? That 10.9 profile helps a TON for F1...even in 10.9 drivers. W/ and W/o the profile made a huge difference in 10.9 for me...I'm talking about from 25fps to constant 60fps

3. zpaf

zpaf Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    Yes i try but no luck still low fps and stuttering.
    With 10.9 catalyst and 10.9 app profiles I have 100 fps with all settings to full.

4. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    I saw a post on the F1 2010 thread that the stuttering is something to do with the replay file which is a hefty 2gb in size and that making the file read only will help, but I have'nt tryed it yet to confirm that it will help.

5. zpaf

zpaf Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    Which drivers do you use with your 5970 ?

6. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Currently 10.9 with 10.9 profile apps.
    Runs F1 very nice on full detail, but had quite a few crashes to desktop.
    Badly needs a patch this game.

7. Kimofil

Kimofil Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire HD 5970
    Do you try a Dx11 mode? FPS drops hugely to 30-35 in 1920x1200 all max.
    In Dx9 all good, contant 50-60fps.

8. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    How do you enable dx11 in f1? I thought it was dx9 only?

EDIT:Im not so sure about the dx11 thing?

Ontopic: Do you guys have Msi afterburner running? Most of my problems in games have something to do with Afterburner, dont take me wrong, I love afterburner because its a great tool. But nevertheless, it isnt all that stable in every configurations!? If I shutdown Afterburner, most of my small/big issues vanish? I havent found the conclusive cause of it, but im pretty sure it has something to do with the OSD server? And also one more thing, if i enable volt monitoring I sometimes get 124 bsod (0x00000124).

9. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have noticed in F1 useing 10.9a with 10.9 profiles.
    that when you max out the race car or fly around corners maxing out my 5970 starts to hitch and stutter, its not frames drop as its a constant 60fps all maxed out

its this annoying hitching and stuttering, and this crap hitching and stuttering has been happning a lot with decent games lately.

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Try 10.5a with 10.9 profiles with Radeon pro to force crossfire.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm using the 10.9a Hotfix drivers with the 10.9 CAP and F1 2010 is (so far) running flawlessly for me on Ultra settings, 1920x1200 with 8xAA and v-sync/triple buffering enabled. I get 60 fps even with lots of cars on-screen and I only see the framerate dip, oddly, when leaving the garage when it briefly drops to 52 fps. I have not noticed any stuttering either and AA is working perfectly for me although I know it isn't for some people. I'm using the Rapture audio (although I seem to be missing the Hardware option for some reason).

CrossFireX may well not be working properly as I see only 54% max. on either GPU but considering I'm playing with v-sync and capped at 60 fps this is not an issue for me. Apparently, if you use RadeonPro you can use the DiRT2 CrossFireX profile which improves performance.

12. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    If you use v-sync its not so strange that its at 54% as it doesnt need to use all of its power when capped to 60fps. Try disabling v-sync and you´ll see the figures will go up? ;)

EDIT: btw, no need to tell me how to activate dx11, found it. ;) And thx for telling me about it. For those who dont know how to do it, heres how to.

Go to my documents\My Games\FormulaOne\Hardwaresettings\ and open hardware_settings_config.xml with notepad. In there search for <directx forcedx9="True", and change the "true" to "false". I know I shouldnt have to guide, but you never know? :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just remember, turning on DX11 breaks crossfire. and only 1 GPU will be working.
    to get around this problem like the guy said above, use radeon pro to enable Dirt2 crossfire profile.

Doing this with a 5970 ect will let you use crossfire and dx11 untill a driver update adds dx11 profile to F1.

P.s, is it me or does formula 1 2010 not look that much diffrent from dx9 compaired to dx11, dx11 seems to only look slightly brighter lol

we need compare shots to find out if dx11 trully is working.

14. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    you are wrong...none game in DX11 breaks crossfire...some systems have this problem..only few people...try changing vga bios OR swapping vga's makes it work... ;)

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There is no need 10.9a + 10.9 profiles + radeon pro Dirt II crossfire profile works perfectly in F1 2010 DX11 mode.

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Its funny the minute i enabled DX11 mode in F1 2010 my 2nd GPU wouldnt engage 0% usage in game even though its clocks jumped up into 3d mode
    where as GPU 1 was at 58% and at all maxed 8xaa i was getting 30fps on the grid and when leaving the pitstop.

with Radeon Pro & dx11 enabled with Dirt II crossfire profile the game was a solid 60fps at all times in the game.

and dont try to tell me to swap vga`s lol i have 1 card in my system 5970, @950/1235@1.1875v

And you also telling me to swap GPU bios`s ? lol complete nonsense.

17. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    It may do, but I'm not upgrading as 10.9 brakes my other games (Ruse to name one) so if anyone still on an older driver you can use Radeon Pro to force crossfire in the mean time. http://forums.guru3d.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

And I wouldn't listen to that perosmct dude, he is a :wanker:

18. what he was referring to was the DX11/tessellation problem which a lot of us had a while back. It was that when dirt2,avp,heaven etc, when set to run in DX11 mode it would freeze up and you'd have to disable xfire to use tessellation. Myself and sever and a few others were affected by this and the only way to fix it was physically ripping out your cards and swapping them around - oddly this fixed it. Don't ask me why but it did.

This issue with F1 2010 though looks like an entirely different issue...like needing DX11 Xfire support as you mentioned.

I'm gonna test it out when i get home from work to see if xfire will still kick in in dx11 mode.

All others running xfire can you report back with whether or not ur xfire is working in dx11 with this game? and can you see a visual/performance impact by switching to DX11.

19. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I have one problem with DX11, I cant get the game to start in fullscreen, only windowed. Same happened in Dirt2 sometimes?

EDIT: The fullscreen issue is not ATI problem, as it happens on my HTPC with a GTX460 as well? Strange? Anyone else with this problem, and any solution to it? And yes I have fullscreen @"true" in the cfg.

20. Acid Twin

Acid Twin Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi 4870 X2 2GB
    Thanks for that - switching to DX11 oddly is allowing me to play maxed out; where as before I was limited to lower resolutions or skipping occurred.

So thank you for the tip :) :banana:

-Acid