DAC: benchmark vs ps audio vs apogee vs weiss vs esoteric vs others

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NapalmV5, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

im looking at dacs and i dont know what to say they all are bittersweet they all have +/- advantages/disadvantages they still jitter/performance could still improve

im in need of a dac but none are really worth parting money on.. should i dig further ?

those of you owning dac/s please any input is appreciated

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Different DAC's have different qualities. I don't understand your last statement about jitter? Many use high end transports to lower the jitter even further with S/Pdif inputs. Atleast you will be able to work on a DAC easier then a soundcard if you want to mod;) There are many great DAC's out there...do more research and you may possible find one that is a good fit for you or perhaps they are not a good fit for you.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  3. NapalmV5

NapalmV5 Member Guru

i did find after digging further @ headfi forums im going for the audio gd reference 7 dac for my dsp stereo system: dsp dac => dsp powered subwoofers => dsp powered loudspeakers

and a non dsp dac havent decided which one yet for a second stereo system for my dad: maybe eastern electric minimax or audio gd fun or other dacs => rythmik d15se subwoofer => behringer truth b1031a studio monitors