F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    When I get home from work I will give my cpu usage a look. I know the gpu is not over 65% usage. As for deleting the replay file I know grid and dirt one had huge replay files., never checked for dirt 2 but assume it is the same. Were you able to still watch replays?

And why does the replay system still suck, what is so wrong with giving us a save feature and the ability to look at the other cars?

2. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I have the same grafic failures in the 3rd race also in Crossfire with 10.9. It's the game that sucks:puke2:.

3. zeljkoni

zeljkoni Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX660 twin frozr OC
    The game is heavy CPU depending, mine E3300 celeron at 4.4Ghz two cores are used by ~95-100% with GTX460 which is used by 55%... at 1680x1050 at ultra settings i have ~25fps at heavy rein

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    it remakes the file each time you launch the game, until we can figure out how to turn it off, but it does help.

i only get crashes sometimes when tabbing out sofar. but think that is because of the hacked dx10 or 11 or whatever cause it was not doing that when it was in dx9.

maybe its quads it does not like cause the last person said the game ran fine for them was on a c2d like me. lest i had no issues sofar but only on the 3rd race. also saw on their forums some people reporting save files going corrupt. gonna start backing mine up.

5. raktim1

raktim1 Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 560ti Top Ed
    I played this game for about 2 hours and my initial impressions are:

Graphics: Pretty Good but can be improved. Once they release the DX 11 version patch the graphics will be top notch.

Sound: Good enough. It can be improved though mainly the in car sounds when driving around. I cant put a finger on it but I feel there is something lacking.

Ai: Very good when I am trying to pass them but otherwise they are not a challenge even in legend mode.

Environment: Excellent. You really feel the atmosphere of a formula 1 weekend. The career mode is good but it can be improved upon immensely.

Physics: Not good enough. When I saw videos of people driving it and the comments from those people I thought it was going to be a challenge but when I drove it I was quite disappointed because the physics feel more like an arcade game to me. I wasn't expecting rFactor physics or iRacing physics but honestly they should have made it a little bit better. Compared to rFactor which if I give 10 to physics F1 2010 would get about 6. As an example I would like to mention that I drove the Mercedes (my first few laps after getting the game) in the wet in monza, the AI was set to legend; I was still able to get pole position by over 1 second even though I was clearly making mistakes in taking the two lesmos and I was about only 10th in the second sector but I was so quick compared to the AI in the first and last sectors I took pole.

Overall: A good try by codemasters to bring a F1 game for the PC and I would give it about 7 out of 10. It is a very good game for people who are trying to get into sim racing, the learning curve is much easier compared to rFactor and iRacing.

Codemasters have the license for another 2 years hopefully they can improve the game even more especially the career, interaction with the reporters and definitely the physics.

6. zaft

zaft Member

GPU:
    Why the F this game so rubbish full of glitch#$@%bug#$^ 25-30fps vsync on on GTX275

7. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    high mate did you turn off the driver aids? i to am from a sim background so im looking for something thats not arcadish.

8. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Had high hopes. Wouldn't have minded a 6 or 7 out of 10 in my book, something fun would have been great, but this game gets a 2.

2/10.

What a pile of ****.

Pissed.

9. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Don't get it. You'll end up slashing your wrists.

Actually, I think it might be ok on the consoles. But the PC version is about 6 months away from being fully developed.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm happy for the game to be a mixture of arcade and simulation handling, if that is what it is (I should get my copy today hopefully), as I find that is more to my tastes personally. Half-way house games like Project Gotham Racing 4 or Race Drive GRID is more my kind of racing game than something like Forza Motorsport 3 or Gran Turismo 5.

That said, I really don't understand why Codemasters couldn't have made a F1 game that had separate Arcade and Simulation modes like the classic Bizarre Creations F1 '97 did on the PSone. That way you please both the hardcore, who demand depth and realism, and casual gamers, who just want to pick a car and race on or offline.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That bad, is it not something that could be fixed by a patch and a driver update?

I had a suspicion this game would have issues, i think the PC version should be delayed, especially if they are adding DX11 features.

Dirt2 was ok, though not without some issues, but they had 3months and $1million of AMD's money to fund it.

As for the game, how does it handle with either the G25 or DFGT with every aid turned off, and in manual of course.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    so it's an arcade. what did I tell you people? Jeez

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Why? I'm curious to know.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I would like to know your reasons too Outrance!

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Err....nobody said that.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what do you mean? I said it was gonna be an arcade... and that's exactly what we got!

17. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Yeah, basically it is GRID or Dirt 2 with F1 skins. Even has the flashback rewind thing.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'll have to wait about 3,5h before this game unlocks. I'm not expecting much from handling but what I've seen so far it looks like it's going to be way better than GRID in that department.

19. Nvidiaddict

Nvidiaddict Member

GPU:
    rtx 4090
    complete BS , try driving without all aids in the rain and try to drive on the limit , your gonna crash :)

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    From what i hear its hybrid sim/arcade, and very different to how Grid/Dirt handles.

While im sure some of you would of wanted a 100% sim, you couldn't of expected this to be that, as they don't sell as well, especially when the two top selling racing games around, GT and Forza are part sim/arcade.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010