Driver Sweeper 2.5.0

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Phyxion, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Please give more information about your operating system and which version you used.

2. PTBD

PTBD Member

GPU:
    -
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  3. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Do you have any antivirus software blocking the use of additional executables? That said, Driver Sweeper needs to be able to run with Administrator Mode and need to have full access from antivirus software.

4. PTBD

PTBD Member

GPU:
    -
    I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials. But no notification or something popped up.

I was in secure mode, right click on driver sweeper exe and chose "run as admin". But it still didn't remove the files.

Sorry for the bad englisch.

5. Djinn206

Djinn206 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classy
    Same here with me. After cleaning in safe mode and rebooting everything is still there. I tried cleaning leftovers from ATI drivers like PTBD.

6. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    All those entries require an additional problem to be executed. Do the other entries get cleaned? I suggest trying to disable your AV and see if it works.

Some entries might not show as removed but after a reboot they are removed, this is also for some registry keys (They get removed after reboot because they are currently locked by your system).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  7. leo27

leo27 Member

GPU:
    BFG 280 GTX OC
    Could you please put up a proper binaries only zip
    Cheers

8. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    As said before, there are no plans to release a binary version anymore as it's hardly used.

9. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    question : since i started using this nice program in its early version i did as the instructions
    says, but with no safe mode... just uninstall \ reboot \ run driver sweeper in normal mode + clean \ reboot \ fresh install to the new ones.

now when the new version is out, is it still recommended to clean in
    safe mode ?

10. Lubna

Lubna Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    Method of donate

The other day i used DriverSweeper_2.5.0-[Guru3D.com] and It Doesn´t work me.
    I make a Donate of 5€ .
    Will it works the next month?

I have Two Pc with Intel CPU. Must I Donate for Twice?

I sorry for my bad english.

Receive my best regards
    Lubna

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010

11. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    It's recommended to use Safe Mode, it's not always needed. I don't use Safe Mode myself.

What exactly didn't work for you? Feel free to PM me more details.

----

Some changes will be made to the next build, the additional executables will be runned from %TEMP% instead of Driver Sweeper's folder, might fix some problems with trigger happy AV's. Remember that you should always allow Driver Sweeper full access by any antivirus to run properly.

12. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    HiHi Phyxion.

It's come to my attention that there's a couple more Creative registry entries that could be causing folks beef with their SPDIF. Would it be possible to add them to Driver Sweeper please?

I haven't checked myself yet (sloppy), but apparently they cause SPDIF busy errors in X-Fi and Audigy series using the DDL and dts Connect software. Here's the original post:

Loving the new Driver Sweeper, ty. Peace out.

13. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Driver Sweeper 2.5.0 already introduced some missing entries from Creative cleaning, however, I'll look into it and see if there is anything left to clean :) The best thing however is simple, list all entries required to be cleaned (Full registry and file paths), and it's a lot easier for me to add. Even though I have a Creative card, not all cards use the same files.

14. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Thank you. <3 I'll spread the word.:banana:

15. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    I, I´m having the same problem with the entries that cannot be removed, already tried disabling the antivirus to no avail. I have also checked with windows explorer and regedit (after reboot) if they still were there and in fact they were. I´m using windows 7 64 Ultimate. Thanks in advance.

16. Lubna

Lubna Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    Morgemil ; You must run like administrator without AV.

Receive my best regards

17. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Many thanks to all involved with this latest version of Driver Sweeper (2.5.0).

I recently moved to the green side and thought I'd run this for any old ATI entries which may have been left behind after running the previous version (2.1.0) and there was quite a lot to say the least!

My system seems to start up a bit quicker now too so result!

I'm a bit nervous about using it for when I come to removing my Nvidia entries though as I have an nforce motherboard...We'll see what happens!!

18. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    You have to run it in administrator mode, without administrator mode it won't work because Windows blocks the use of file deletion.

19. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    DyP's entry list!

DyP, a very helpful Wordpress person, has submitted a pretty resouceful list of Creative entries. I imagine they might help, if not already implemented.

He was up until 2am, so I hope it helps.
    Cheers!
    :boozer:

20. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    I'll see for the next version what is missing and I'll add it, thanks for your help again :)