Ram recommendations

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mutley29, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Mutley29

Mutley29 Member

GPU:
    HIS 4890 HD
    (Ram done) Mobo change

Taking full advantage of my wifes ailing pc to get new parts for mine (she will get my cast offs)

Am getting the Phenom II x6, can't beat the bang for buck, looking at the ASUS M4A88TD-M mobo and was wondering what the general consencious of opinion on ram would be for that.

Any info appreciated as I have a small bonus buring a hole in my pocket :bang:

Regards

Mutley

Well it seems Newegg will not sell that mobo seperately at the moment, it's part of a combo deal with a corsair psu.

so my mainboard choice is gonna have to change as i need to order today, i don't really want to spend more than $120, the only boards i have had in the past have been soyo, Asus, MSI and currently Gigabyte, i had lots of trouble with the Asus and Msi boards and defective RJ45 ports.

What are Asrock boards like?

i would like at least 2 pci express slots as my soundcard will foul my vga due to the scythe cooler i have on it, and 6 sata ports.
    I'm not discounting asus or msi just had bad experiences with them

noobish questions i know but, as i was taught in engineering "if in doubt ASK"

Thanx again

Mutley

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. Alex.NS

Alex.NS Member Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 465
    I recommend patriot but most makers are decent like corsair or kingston.

3. gurulover3074

gurulover3074 Banned

GPU:
    4870X2 H²0 & Eizo SX2761W
    patriot might be fine to go with.

4. Mutley29

Mutley29 Member

GPU:
    HIS 4890 HD
    updated original post ^

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    +1 for Patriot

However, I'd recommend Corsair, G.Skill and OCZ as well. However, I don't really recommend Kingston RAM as either they're overpriced or they're the ValueRAM which I know from personal experience are crap unless you put them in office machines.

As for motherboard, I think you're better off with the 870 or 890GX chipset than the 880.

deltatux

6. Alex.NS

Alex.NS Member Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 465