ATi Catalyst 10.9a Hotfix Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 X2
    Which games did you have problems with?

2. zodden

zodden Guest

So what exactly is the difference between this driver and 10.8a? If the 3d bug is still present the only thing that has been taken care of is overscan?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has anyone noticed that with the 10.9 and 10.8 drivers that the GPU scaling option is initially available even at the native resolution of your display (in my case a 24" HP LCD) and you can select one of the three options and apply it. Once you do the option then greys out and is no longer selectable unless you drop down to a different resolution.

It's obviously a bug but at least it's one that works in my favour as I only set this to fixed aspect ratio once and leave it at that.

4. qstoffe

qstoffe Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 580 @ stock
    Yes, still there :bang:

I feel that comments like this are laughing me right in the face. Why do you think people are complaining if all they have to do is roll back to an older driver? Here's some newsflash for you: ALL drivers have problems. PERIOD.

5. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Alien versus predator, second gpu does not work, Counter strike source after quitting first gpu stays at 3d clocks, same for modern warfare 2, and dirt 2.
    Did not test any other yet.

6. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    nice, the vsync bug in quake3 is fixed again with this hotfix :)

-andy-

7. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Finally fixed overscan issue, 10.9 didnt fix it but this hotfix did, that was the only issue i had with ati drivers, but im sure once i crossfire my 5770 i might run into small problems lol.

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    This hotfix doesn't come with release notes as far as I could see, so it can have "hidden" fixes.
    AMD only listed the main reason for the hotfix, the Overscan fix as example is pure bonus.

9. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    I know i shouldn't but im gona give these a try.:bang::bang:

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Why make 2 drivers, a month apart and leave the bug in the 2nd one ?

Why not just apply the fix to the actual driver?

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/ati-catalyst-10-8b-hotfix/ bigger list

you're seeing it with CS & MW2?

12. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Shock horror these are actually really good on my system. Games including shift, dirt 2 , bad company 2, crysis and mafia 2 are running really well. Gona keep testing but keepers for me , well done AMD.

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  14. qstoffe

qstoffe Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 580 @ stock
    Exactly. Also "lesser" fixes & new bugs are never mentioned. Thats why you always have to try and evaluate new drivers yourself. When the "list" of new bugs weighs heavier than the list of fixes I get mad. I call that sloppy QA.

I acutally agree. I haven't tried them that much yet but they seem to be the best driver since 10.5a. A step forward. Finally.

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Tried these and 10.9 app profiles and wow was smooth but only reading second gpu working which makes me wonder if xfire has ever worked with this game but i know 10.5 at least both gpus show as working. Napoleon total war which i use radeon pro with to force vsync with and worked great with 10.5 and below runs terrible as well.

Dont need to test further :(

If ati dont sort something out soon I'll be going back to nvidia which is something I thought I'd never say. It's lucky I am playing older games like wow and the total war series as I am sure I would be feeling more of the frustration of other users with 10.5 to 10.9.

16. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    speak for urself there my friend.
    u have the prob with the drivers,not i,so I'm good until that happens...period

17. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 X2
    Crap, I just tried Metro 2033, it also has the second GPU sticking at 3D speeds. Bummer. I really wish ATI could test these fixes a little better (or at all).

18. Kanemura

Kanemura Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB
    :bang:

Where do YOU get off telling ANYONE what they can and cannot do with their free time? ATI is a job to CatalystMaker, not his every waking breathing moment. Who are you to dictate what he does when he's off the clock?

THAT'S RIGHT! No one. :micro:

19. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    the concert was at night, hours after 10.9 was released

nobody can work under pressure constantly

20. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    WELL that's the image they created Kanemura, you can't blame WhiteLightning for that. Blame their choice to use twitter (and still actually use it for personal stuff).