GeForce Forceware 260.52 Win 7/Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Yes we all hoping that new WHQL will fix this low gpu usage on all games. But leaked driver showed that it only worked on BFBC2 , but not other games. its so sad to get low gpu usage.. While looking to a wall at almost all games gpu usage is %95+ 60fps forexample, and when u turn back gpu usage is %20 30 and fps drops to 20 30. Really annoying.

I love u Nvidia.

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Just wonder, does anyone who plays World of Warcraft have smooth moving, its like micro stuttering every few seconds, its nothing serious, but for example if i set 120Hz on my LCD its really noticeable, setting it to 100Hz and its nearly gone, not entirely. With Vsync ON it get better (i have it ON all the time anyway). On my girlfriend computer with E8400 and Radeon 5670 while fps are not that high it never does that kind of microstutters. Same stuttering i had also with GTX295 before.

3. MonsterStorm88

MonsterStorm88 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470 Twinfrozr II
    What is that program you are using on the right hand side to monitor temps and voltages ? Thnx

4. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o

who cares about what fps you get when looking at wall.

5. m4rcus

m4rcus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460
    Thats everest's OSD. I cut it from a desktop screen.

Btw i reinstalled the driver yesterday and checked the cleaninstall box this time while i was just installing over the previous install. (Last time i deinstalled first, reboot, installed new ones, reboot, etc) I think they didnt add that feature for nothing because now im getting different results. Its way better now, the stutter is gone for sure and the GPU usage srsly raised but i wouldnt say its fixed 100%.

For example it matters where im standing and what im looking at it varies from 60%-99%. If im looking over the whole map it sure goes down, the CPU usage itself is never even near 100% though. And as expected the framerate goes up and down with the usage. I noticed enabling HBAO is adding a good 20% to the gpu usage too while there isnt that much impact on the framerate, 5 FPS down MAX.

I tool some screenshots of a more or less funny example what gpu usage does to the framerate. I dont know why it has so much impact looking at the scoreboard though.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The GPU usage seems to vary with the level of Fov big time too. It gets lower the higher the Fov is. Btw from the screens, you can expect getting over 100 Fps with like 80% usage. I hope nvidia will optimize the fix even further in the future.

6. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    in my case, i get full gpu usage on both cores of my gtx295 :)

7. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Nobody is saying anything here is an exact sciene mate, it is a rough indicator.

Besides it is up to you if you wanna spend the time reading posts or not but replying after reading a 3rd of it is gonna be a waste of your time and anyone elses time since your response will make no sense and be out of context.

Anyway, I doubt that a Q9450 @ 3.8 ghz or a phenom II X4/X6 @ 4 ghz is bottlenecking any mid multi gpu config to the extension that you will not get more out of two then you get out of one card.

As I said with Dirt 2 in the other post my results where pritty sad.

2x 465s @ 850-1025 = 55 avg 44 min
    2x 465 @ 607-800 = 54 avg 44 min
    1x 465 @ 850-1025 = 54 avg 44 min

This is benched @ 1920x1200 dx11, 8xQCSAA everything set at high or ultra if possible.

As said in the other post gpu usage on one card was equal to that of two cards. The expected outcome even with a cpu bottleneck in place would be atleast 65-85% utilization of the gpus.

Now since you have not put in your own system specs it is hard to comment on anything you said regarding that. But I can say that the low gpu utilization issue with the 400s is something that people on AMD Phenom II X4s, Intel C2Qs, I3s, I5s and I7s have spoken out about. So it is alot more to it then "Olooul get a 980x @ 5 ghz yUuur bottlenecked mater.." :).

Also, the people that atleast in this thread have reported higher cpu and gpu utilization in BC2 seem to be folks on wolfdale cpus aka Q66s. If a Q9XXX close to 4 ghz were so horribly bottlenecked that it couldnt utilize the power of two 465s at all then there would be no way no how for a Q66 system to all of a sudden get hefty raise in its gpu utilization. It is the drivers beyond all doubt :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  8. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Yup you have come to the same conclustion as I did some week ago. You can manipulate your gpu usage alot in BC2 by adding eyecandy or looking at diffrent spots from diff angles - I did this with my 4870x2 aswell to find the best drivers.
    The people that post saying they got awesome gpu utilization on 460s ( can't really speak for the other 400s since I don't have one ) are basically looking at manipulated results. Remove the eyecandy and their utilization drops aswell while their fps will most likely remain the same wich is the problem in a nutshell here.

Seems almost like the graphic driver cannot "soak" up enough data between cpu cycles to keep a high gpu utilization and in extension a high fps. Now some people will say it is the other way around that the cpu cannot send enough data to the gpu(s) but that doesn't explain why there is no change in performance once you start disabling cores, going from 4 to 3 has no impact at all for me and doesn't support the notion that it is a hard cpu bottleneck.

Then ofc we have the official Nvidia statement implying that it is a driver issue.

P.S

One of the reasons I went back to 55 fov was to get higher gpu utilization on the 4870x2 on the early ati drivers wich meant higher fps :)

/edit

Another noteworthy thing is to mention that you have a 6 core. And dice said their game supported up to 6 threads right? Would it be too much to ask if you could do some testing on the X6 by disabling cores and see where you run into the actual cpu bottleneck ( as in how many cores can you disable before you see performance loss ).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  9. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    any DX7 games running well?

10. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    gothic 1 , 2

11. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    Yup I get it too have been for a while now. Seems a little better since moving up to the GTX 460, but yeah its still there. Your not alone. :bang:

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
  13. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    ^ Booooooomer!

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    how play nonsteam LFD2 online?

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    try enabling triple buffering in game if that does not work use D3DOverrider and disabled the in game vsync and triple buffering. I had the same problem on ATI hardware with multiple GFX cards a while back. Also chaning Max pre Rendered Frames can also help out a little, try upping the value from default of 3 if that does not work try lowering it instead.

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    so because it doesn't auto detect its useless and retarded??

LOL you fail big time!!

17. m4rcus

m4rcus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460
    Yeah its almost as if the game is teasing you saying "naaahhh, you dont need more fps mate, you have to think green. 60 fps'ish is okay you know as long as you can save the planet from overheating with your lesser gpu usage!" Have you noticed that with DX10/11 and vsync disabled it still limits you to 60FPS in the menu? DX9 doesnt do that, you get full 200 fps in the menu.

All 6 cores are being used but i was able to disable 3 cores before i ran into a real performance loss. I dont know how that game manages something like that, never notices or even read from something like that before.

I still think its the faul of nvidias drivers, i noticed that b4 with older drivers i had like high cpu usage on the first 3 cores of my old x3 and the last one was barely used, after the 159.32 all 4 cores got used even.

And btw, fov 55, srsly? My eyes wouldnt stop bleeding if i tried that, 65 is my limit and still my gameplay srsly suffers. Im playing with 84 all the time, oldschool Q3 fov of 110.

18. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Actually most havent got rid of low gpu usage.

19. Parabellum Uk

Parabellum Uk Member

GPU:
    SLi - Gainward GTX460 GLH
    I can concur with Sneakers on the 400 gpu's... im using the leaked 260 drivers and have tested now for 2days before making this post. The 260 "leaked" drivers do seem to run BC2 a little smoother & single gpu utilization seem's to be up a little 55% - 65%, But when I try and run SLI I get the same FPS or maybe even one or two lower + SLi gpu utilization will drop to 1/2 that of the single card. i.e. both cards running @ 25% - 35% DX11 all setting at high 1900x1200 bloom + HABO off.

Now I do understand what a bottleneck is and the affects it might have, but surely any Q-quad with a decent enough overclock could not be causing such low low & drastically poor gpu utilization, Im sure the older quads will have limitations when compared to the latest i7's... but not to the extent of 25%-35% on each gpu that's just wrong.

BC2 is a complete CPU hog for sure "we can all thank DICE for that" but Im Just hoping that Nvidia can fix this utilization / SLi problem... I would like to see nvidia release a SLi profile patch for this game like they have with ARMA II, lost planet 2 & many others...

Profile patch 6 for BC2 SLi users pelase NV.

20. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    mmm I can't get the game i.e. IL2, to work, nor the Nvidia control panel it states not responding.