GeForce Forceware 260.52 Win 7/Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    So before these drivers, the game was not really playable at these settings. In multiplayer, at these settings, it would run at around 25-30 fps. I had around 50% CPU usage and 40% on the GPU. All four core of the cpu were being utilized. Now I have around 90% utilization of the CPU and 70% of the GPU. With the new drivers, the GPU is being used all the way and is pushing in to a CPU bottleneck. Framerates are now in the 50's. 2.66 ghz Q6600, 4 gigs DDR2800 linked, GTX 260 @ 666/1250. The difference is HUGE. :banana:

2. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    As conclusive as it gets then.

Hope Nvidia puts in some love for the 465s and 460s then for the next driver :)

/edit

Seems most people have come to the conclusion it is the drivers that are bad for BC2, and especially for the 400s

One of probably hundreds of threads discussing this issue https://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=492060

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    alchemy sux cous does't have them by default yet even after a year.

its retarded.
    obviously does't work.

4. Top3s

Top3s Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC
    I'd really like to try these out but I will wait for a proper release from Nvidia.They must have pulled them for a reason.

5. Pedroshin

Pedroshin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC
    Ok just tested for 1h30m, even with Alchemy on, no problems so far. Didn't notice much difference on sound quality though tbh.

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Guru3d pulled them because they are under NDA untill the 13th. NDA means Non disclosure agreement, ALSO meaning These are leaked and Nvidia didn't like it.

Usually they do this for reviews for sites just like this, or to prepare a big launch of something.

This is a great driver, I've had nothing but solid SLI performance from these.

7. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
  8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

l4d games cannot use alchemy. we had a discussion on this in the steam forums. a valve dev responded saying it doesn't work.

i would give you a link, but this was almost 2 years ago.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea?

i heard a difference with it enabled odd lol

edit: yea its kinda useless with 5.1, but im using 2.1 maybe that's why i hear a diff.

http://connect.creativelabs.com/alc...com/alchemy/Lists/ALchemy%20XFi/AllItems.aspx

http://connect.creativelabs.com/alc...ID=0x012002002777EF627E9A314B8E181038B290215D

10. Pedroshin

Pedroshin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC
    On this issue again... It's not the driver, but Steam Community, Steam Cloud or Steam friends when it disconnects and reconnects again.

It's been having some problems lately it seems, crashing servers or players or just causing random hiccups. I just had it on some games today, along with everyone I was playing with reported experiencing the same problem.

See here for more info:
    Universal TF2 crash?

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    now i tired much older driver 198.19 and it didn't crash, i played 3 maps around 1hr or so.. before with this driver it crashed around 20-30min.. im going back to 259.47 and see again :pc1:

Looks like you won't hear a diff if you have 5.1, because its ported directly into your sb, or something like that.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744243&highlight=left+dead+alchemy

http://connect.creativelabs.com/alc...com/alchemy/Lists/ALchemy%20XFi/AllItems.aspx

12. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    keepers so far

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
  14. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    ohh, got it.. :)

15. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    Seems i need to wait for retail drivers, as i canĀ“t adjust any physx settings, as i cant even see them on control panel.

Edit: Cant even uninstall these, uninstall bar get stuck at about 60% ><

16. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Maybe if each of your posts wasn't an epic saga, I'd read the whole thing. :)

The very notion of an exact measure of "GPU usage" is bogus anyway. There are different hardware units in the GPU, each of which could be a potential bottleneck for the rest of the chip, and I doubt that this "usage" measure takes all that into account. My point is that it's not a be-all-end-all measure of anything.

Also, running 260 drivers I get 95% "usage" anyway, so I'm not sure what your system's issues are.

By your own logic, in Dirt 2, you're *GOING* to get lower GPU utilization if you have two GPUs rendering. If you get up to double the framerate... that means that each GPU is working half as hard to achieve a certain framerate as a single GPU would be to achieve the same framerate. I don't know if you're suggesting that's a problem too... but it sounds like it. At a certain point in SLI or 3-way SLI or 4-way SLI, the CPU becomes a bottleneck. Period.

17. alex133

alex133 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460
    Hmmm I think I'm having second thoughts about these drivers.

Look at the GPU usage I was getting under BFBC2 tonight (Panama Canal):

[​IMG]

Now... Don't get me wrong, these drivers are WAY better than any other out there right now (I can actually play BFBC2 in DX11 now), but I don't think the low GPU usage issue is solved.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You can have a utilization like that in MP any day with any previous driver set. One thing you need is a fast CPU, the other would be high quality settings. Especially HBAO really lifts the utilization a bit.
    I still doubt that this is a driver issue as the single player always shows 99% utilization. If they got rid of the micro stutter, that'd actually be something.

19. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Gohic 2 works... and it works good!!!!!!

20. poo417

poo417 Guest

GPU:
    I cannot believe there is still a discussion going on about the low gpu use in game. NV have said it is a driver problem and they are working on it. So please stop going on about it being this and that. Fingers crossed they get it sorted asap.