GeForce Forceware 260.52 Win 7/Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Disappointed with this release. No performance increase at all!

2. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    for me BFBC2 felt alot smoother and fluid on a 32 man server .A noticeable difference in my opinion

3. blackthesoul

blackthesoul Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080ti
    quite possibly mate, ive found a few minor issues on my rig, but the main prob is my fan speed is being reported as 100% [usualy 5400rpm] but its ACTUALY running at 500-600+rpm less [around 92% fan] so im definatly getting higher temps with this set

also the opencl is borked [going by word on this thread as havnt tested myself] and some dx9 + dx10 games are crashing to desktop with nvd3dum.dll errors on load.

maybe there was a reason why nvidia arent releasing the final until next week? :3eyes: just a thought lol

BUT.... i am getting superb performance in bc2 [dx11] , even with 32x aa & HBAO on

looks like swings and roundabouts again lol :)

cant wait for final release though

4. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Link removed by request of NVIDIA.

enjoy

NEW DOWNLOAD SERVERS

260.52 x64 win 7/vista

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Great, now I'm paranoid because of the Nvidia pull :O

Temps and everything seemed fine when I was playing. I did manually set the fan to 90%, however.

6. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Orly?

So in your expert opinion having <30-40% gpu utilization when running SLI is working as intended?

Or is it according to you spot on to be running 45-65% gpu utilization when your not pushing 60+ fps to begin with?

I will tell you what it is in my opinion, that it is a sign of a very very very cpu bound game ( wich would not be the case here since bc2 runs just as good on 3 cores as it does on 4, and the same phenomena is present on empty multip servers ), or more likely a mix of cpu dependancy and extremly poor drivers. Deffo not "working as intended".

Think you and the other spongebob fan need to go with The General to whatever area of the forum he is lurking in when he is not posting nonesense in the more public domains. :bash:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  7. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    the link was dead already.

8. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    At least something is right with these drivers. The performance in Metro 2033 is way better than with previous drivers, gameplay is so much smoother. Seem stable enough also, haven't had a single crash so far, and I have done a lot of test gaming. I'm uncertain if these drivers give better performance in Mafia 2 though. The gameplay feels smoother, but it could be placebo:p

9. Hornblower

Hornblower New Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800 GX2

Was same for me but with 9800GX2.
    When disabled SLI all was fine. I hope it will be fixed soon:)

But got a lot more fps in WoW Cataclyms beta on all Ultra settings.
    Mostly the new water was very laggy with previous driver for me, now its all smooth.

10. trementine

trementine Member

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 480
    I'm trying, but I don't see a relationship between the number of post of someone and the knowledge he could have. I guess you do, so congratulations.

I'm in the exact same position as you or any other member of this forum to post my comments, so stop trolling.

By the way: excellent performance with this drivers on BC2, but to be honest I've never had any issue with this game.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Nvidia Control Panel NCP is bloody fast now, not laggy anymore, Video quality has improved, video games quality has improved. more options, better installer.
    DPC Latency is not laggy for me anymore, i can open it and click refresh 900 times before it goes to 500-800 compare to 4000-7000 before.

And the 480GTX is looking like its working harder and that's better cause it uses more gpu proccesor.

12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Is there any way to make it work with Windows 7 32 bit or not :( ?

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Can we stop the elitism and get back to the topic? Too many posts to sift through to see user-experience on these drivers.

14. thisizbrian

thisizbrian Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SLI
    lots of issues with surround vision in 2d and 3d. will wait for next release. thx for posting these though!

15. Hornblower

Hornblower New Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800 GX2
    Very good DPC latency
    [​IMG]

16. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Nope!

Might as well wait until next week for Nvidia to release its new driver anyways.

17. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    this have been great for me. smoother gameplay in mafia 2 and kane&lynch2 coming from 258.96. positive feedback from me.

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

OMG this is the first time I install buggy nvidia drivers on my PC. It crashes A LOT. A LOT!!

Back to 259.32

It's the last time I trust an external link other than Nvidia. I'm gonna wait for official Nvidia release **** off

19. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Peeps running BC2 !

Did you remember to Delete > " Documents/BFBC2/ " < After driver update to see if its any better ?

20. m4rcus

m4rcus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460
    there is only one file you have to delete, thats getting generated each time, and thats the GameSettings.bin. You only have to delete that. And yes, i did. Doesnt do jack too.