Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    uh uh you cant use double standards all the time now can you :D The point of the forum is not to keep opinions to yourself, what would be the point of the forum?
    Everyone has a choice, some people paid for it, some people didn't, I do a bit of both, so what? I don't like when smokers are prancing down the street huffin and puffin as they leave the trail of cancerous air behind, however I cannot unfortunately do anything about it, other than move over or overtake them.
    The term "no one is interested" should be rephrased into "you are not interested" at which point, like I said I don't care.

At the end of the day, you decided to attack me for reasons unknown, and if I may, that was indeed the kind of reply that this forum does not need, as this is the kind of reply that gets people into flame wars. The cowboy attitude doesn't help either, as also evident from your previous posts, everyones wrong ,I am right, erm no ..

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No double standards from me, think your mistaken again, even though i hate MP FPS junk like MW2/BFBC2 i still resisted the urge to pirate them.

I think if you asked people who who paid for the game, or are big fans of the series if they want to hear about people posting that they pirated the game, i don't see many wanting to see those sort of posts.

The reasons were very well known, and as i said before, pirate away, just keep it to yourself, as your not helping the format, and any issues you have, either from gameplay or performance will be ignored and put down to bad crack issues.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Its 50 bloody euro on Steam, i havnt paid 50 euro for a PC game......EVER!!!!!!

Id like the steam version, but far too expensive for my taste

4. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    No one asked them to read those posts, and to be honest, they made their choice, does not mean it is the right one, just because the LAW says it is. Funny enough I bought BFBC2 and I love that game, it was money well spent. Resisting the urge, what as if one kitten has survived a car crash because of this ? Doesn't make sense.

What me or you say or do will nothing for the format, its not for us to decide and has been already decided for us by the greedy conglomerates who are after our money, and nowadays will even want an extra 10 quid just so you can play a used game online... It is silly to blame bad cracks on everything, even though they do mess things up sometimes. I refuse to be told what to do, if there is an alternative, I will damn well utilise it, after all life is short enough as it is to care about things of this scale.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Its a forum, the whole point is to read posts:wanker:

I agree with the used game thing, will cut down the pre-owned market, even if it does mean the resell value of my UFC game will be lower, not that i ever sell games anyway.

I never the cracks were to blame for everything, but if you meantion your using a cracked version of a game, then no matter the issue, most people will immediately put the blame there, whether it is anything to do with it or not.

lmimmfn, yep Steam are asking far too much for it, as much as i dislike Valve, i still like to keep all my games within Steam, and prefer DD over retail, but the price just isn't on, saying that even the g2play keys are expensive, so i will just wait for my retail disc to arrive, £27 for around 10-15hours gameplay is good enough for me, £40 isn't

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I am loving the game,have my wheel hooked up and driving is great.I still can not believe they did not support wheels in the game,I mean really WTF is that 2k.A driving game with no wheel support blows me away.
    The little details in the game are amazing and I got maybe 15+ hrs in ,just enjoying the game.

LOL while playing in chapter 10.
    I guess I hit fraps record by mistake.Me screwing around shooting some stuff.(recorded the damm thing maybe 10 times having fun)
    I guess I was so into playing I could not tell the difference with the FPS hit when recoring with fraps.This part has been seen a bunch of times before,so no spoiler I guess.

Part of chapter 10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIzpdmo_4Qc

7. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RX6800 XT
    benchmarked my system quickly this morning on the retail version before coming to work.

1920x1200, full quality, physx off, 71.3fps avg

1920x1200, full quality, physx on, 33.6fps avg

Hopefully the crossfire application profiles in 10.8 will see me a nice gain tonight when i install it

8. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    This game is amazing!!!!!!!

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I just reached chapter 6 after 6 hours of play and 23% complete.

Thinking of restarting it though as I purposely skipped every single cut scene thinking a friend was coming over to help play through. Now he's not I've missed out on all the bloody story. :bang:

10. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    wow first post started 3 years ago lol :nerd:

11. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Anyone ??

12. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Yeah seriously, if you pirated the game then keep it to yourself instead of bragging about it here. Obviously other members got the game illegitimately but they have the sense and common decency not to shout it from the rooftops.

@The Fitter - it appears to be one profile only.

13. Stevethegreat

Stevethegreat Guest

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 GTX (630/1000)
    low fps

I don't get it. I have a "beast" of a system with performance equivalent or better than 5870s Crossfired in all the games that I've tried except this one.

I mean I waited for Mafia II for 8 years now yet all I've achieved with my system was to get broken gameplay in most of the places (in the neighbourhood of 20FPS most often than not). I refuse to play a game that I paid for (and waited for for so long) at less than 30FPS.

Even the graphics are nothing spectacular compared to games like Metro or Crysis (which play on my setup close to 60FPS, both in max settings). Is there a patch coming, or is the game irreparably broken?

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I assume your listed specs are incorrect.

15. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Why do I find this hard to believe...

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Since when is a computer using a single (or even SLI) 8800 a "beast" of a machine?

And running Metro 2033 on "max" is highly unlikely with your setup... well, maybe on DX9... but that's a real low drop compared to 10 - and especially 11.

Sorry man, but your system really isn't a "beast". Your video card is quite outdated.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Im reading wrong? 2 gb of ram with 8800 = beast. Hmm okay.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah i think you need to update your info Stevethegreat :)

19. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I didn't play the demo but i am about to play the full version.
    I want to ask if the physx vito clothes tweak is the one described in this link without any variations for the full version.
    Thank you.

20. Stevethegreat

Stevethegreat Guest

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 GTX (630/1000)
    I wrote -clearly- that my system is faster than 2x5870s at times...obviously my info is not up to date (that was my system 3 years ago).

My current system includes
    i7-920 @ 4.4GHz
    Gigabyte UD5 X58
    6GB RAM @ 1320 MHz
    2xGTX460 SLI @ 850/1700/4000

Everything INDEED plays at 60FPS apart from Mafia, which is rather frustrating. Does anybody know why that may be (it's certainly not OS specific, I made all the updates, nor HW specific -I think, yet...). Is there -maybe- a patch coming out?