240mm Pre-Filled CPU cooler

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gor1l1a, Aug 19, 2010.

1. gor1l1a

gor1l1a Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  3. gor1l1a

gor1l1a Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked
    I know it's a "variant," but it's a dual Rad which should outperform the H70.

4. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Guest

GPU:
    evga 1070
    the h70 should be fine for you, plus its alot cheaper, if you are going to spend that much do it right and build a custom setup. if done right does not have to cost a fortune.

5. ron7000

ron7000 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G GTX970
    i got the corsair h50 when i built my rig. I haven't overclocked yet so i can't speak about all out performance of the cooler, but i am very happy with it so far. It was very easy to install, the pump is very quiet and I cannot hear it unless I open my case and put my ear to it. I just have the one corsair fan situated between the case and radiator and it's exhausting, and with prime95 i have 65-70C via core temp, and I have the fan mode set to silent.

The h70 looks like a decent setup, I like that they shrank the cpu block/pump but I'm not that crazy about the 2x thick radiator. I have an antec1200 case, it's fairly wide and with the size of the h50 pump (it's taller) that the 2x thick radiator from the h70 with 2 fans on each side of it would not fit. The radiator/fan stack would interfere with the h50 pump over the cpu, which is probably why they shrank the h70 pump height.

The biggest problem I see with the h70 is noise because of 2 120mm fans, but if noise is ok then the only other showstopper would be fitting the radiator and fan stack in your case.

If corsair wanted to do something really good, they should sell just the cpu pump/block and let people customize the cooling setup !!!
    Maybe shrink the pump more if possible, and sell different size & shape radiators. Let's be real, it's not that complicated. Make some various size radiators to accomodate all different types of cases, and allow people to hose it up custom. The permanent hose connection and predefined hose length kinda sucks.

I wanted to get the 200mm radiator from antec for my 1200 case to go under the top exhaust fan and plumb the h50 pump to that.

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I bet you can get away with using one fan on the H70 if you cut the fan rear hole out from the PCs case.
    They block airflow a lot and make noise, so double bonus.