Alpha Protocol

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, May 28, 2010.

1. davegl1234

davegl1234 Member

GPU:
    Hd 5970
    i got it working but with only one core on the 5970....any chance you reckon 10.4 would allow both AI and crossfire?

2. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    with 10.4 I can apply both AI and AA, just look at my screens in the screenshot thread, those are with 8xAA (though the spoiler ones I tried on 10.7, so those are the only sets that lack AA).

so I'm sure the 10.4 drivers will allow you both AI and crossfire

3. davegl1234

davegl1234 Member

GPU:
    Hd 5970
    Thanks, I just tried with 10.6 and get both AA and AI (crossfire).

I'm still in orientation, but it looks like it could be a good game, not sure why its got slated so much so far. Lacking a bit of polish (not sure how the crouch animation got past QA) and there's some strange guard behaviour....but then thats not what this game is about.

4. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    glad to hear that you're enjoying it at least. It would seem that obsidian didn't put enough effort into polishing the animation and enemy AI, hence the bashing. But if you really want a challenge, just set the difficulty to hard.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    unbelievable!!! i thought they never gonna make apatch for the game..but wonder it fixes major stuff? if YES, iam gonna buy this game.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Patch, supposedly fixes these issues and removes DRM.
    http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=865&nav=0,6,358
    http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=865

- To resolve activation issues, PC copy protection has been removed.
    - In Moscow during the assault of Brayko's Mansion, the player could get
    into a situation where a door would not be openable preventing progression
    through the rest of the level. This has been fixed.
    - In Taipei, during the Stop the Assassination mission, the user can fall
    out of the world if they reload the "Exit Gardens" checkpoint. There was
    also a problem where if the player backtracked, part of the level might
    not load in properly. This has also been fixed.
    - In the same mission, a problem with subtitles was corrected.
    - In the museum in Rome, the game could crash when using Focused Aim to
    kill the NPC holding Madison in the elevator.
    - Bosses could get stuck in an accelerated mode when Fury wears off.
    - Chainsot was exploitable to slow time and get critical headshots without
    consuming its cooldown.

(Previous patch was 1.0.1 and this is 1.1)

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  9. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    That patch broke the game for me.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    SEGA finally, finally released the v1.10 patch for European gamers too and it can be downloaded from GamesHell.com *here*. The protection has also been completely removed in order to resolve activation issues. I've tried it and it seems to make a huge difference to my loading times which are now a few seconds from launching the game to the main menu instead of, yes I know, it's hard to believe, TWO MINUTES!

11. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    lol, never had a problem with loading. But at least I managed to overcome the AA problem by installing 10.12

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've always suspected it was the protection that caused my long loading times as when I used a NoDVD crack, which wouldn't normally have been necessary since the game doesn't require the disc to be in the drive to play it, then the game would load much quicker. Now that the protection has been completely removed the game loads very, very quickly, quicker actually then the NoDVD crack!!!

I guess that proves beyond any doubt that these protection schemes can have a detrimental effect on the game's performance or loading times.

13. rong

rong Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Game is for sale on $2 over at Steam.

I suggest you get it. I'm having a lot of fun

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, it's a rare game that I couldn't stop playing. Plot isn't half-bad, but the gameplay is amazing.

The amount of cause & effect in this game is more than any game I've ever played. The simplest things can change stuff. Like, if you kill an enemy and if they saw you or not will change how the person who sent in the enemy reacts to you...or just not killing someone.

There's also like one mission you're supposed to kill this guy, but you can choose not to shoot him, break in, and take his side.

It's a very unique game with alot of possibilities, it's under-rated for sure.

15. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I was going to buy it a while ago but heard the gameplay, animations, combat and AI are ****e

16. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I bought it on the $2 Steam sale on Friday. I logged about 20 hours into it over the weekend..... I've more than got my money out of it and not done playing yet either. :) There's definitely replay value with all the different choices you have to make that affect various outcomes. I expect I will play it through a second time at some point and focus on different weapons and try to choose dialogue options to get different allies etc..
    The combat is clunky and can be frustrating at times (boss fights mainly) but that's really only about 20% of the gameplay imo.... this is Deus Ex lite meets Splinter Cell, with a little Mass Effect and a touch of Rain thrown in. If you liked any of those games and don't mind the combat being a bit clunky then go for it... it's worth dropping $10-15 on for sure, and $2 is a steal.

17. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    ^I couldn't have said it better myself.

18. middydj

middydj Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    Very cool game so far. It hooked me.

19. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    What button do you press to place the shock trap on the door in training? G just throws it and it won't let me access the menu to check the controls.