Cat 10.7a Beta for SCII is now available for download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jul 30, 2010.

1. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    Yes, I know it should turn it off, but it gave me better results and a better IQ with it like that, over 2x, temporal AA, and Adaptive AA set to quality. I intended on turning it off, and when I did, the edges in the cut scenes were no longer jagged, and the improvement was very noticeable. I don't understand what I did or if the settings didn't take?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I noticed a weird bug with the Catalyst Control Panel last night while I had Psychonauts running and had Alt-Tabbed back to the desktop. I opened the CCC and selected the Video options then clicked on one of the tabs in order to see if I could force Psychonauts to run at 3D clock speeds by leaving the CCC open rendering something 3D. Well this particular tab, the middle one of the Video settings I think, got locked into some kind of loop causing MMCAPrev.exe or something to crash with multiple windows.

When I closed Psychonauts down it didn't happen. Can anyone else verify this happens while they're running a game? Thanks.

3. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    \Windows\SysWOW64\atiumdag.dll

Could someone who is on 10.7a (using windows 7 and x64) upload that file to rapidshare please? It is about 3.6mb

Apparently someone in another thread said that if we put it in SC2/support folder, we use the 10.7a driver for sc2 only, but can still use 10.5a for tf2/bc2 etc -

I know this is a bit lazy but i've uninstalled, installed and uninstalled and then reinstalled too many times last few days..hehe too many drivers!

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yes. Here you go. Not RS. This is better :p

http://www.mediafire.com/?agk7x07pdad4xq5

5. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Thank you so much MerolaC!

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No problem man :D
    Glad to help

7. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  8. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Do you have to download the profiles even though you only have a single card ?

9. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
  10. Wishmaker

Wishmaker Member

GPU:
    CFX: XFX HD4890 XXX

My CFX performance is all over the place. Both my rigs CFX HD4890 XXX and CFX5870XXX hit under 30 FPS in some places. :banana::banana:

11. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    is crossfire working in sc2 even ? as i get the same fps with or without crossfire , at times it dips below 14 fps surely i should get better ? . time to change gfx cards me thinks (non ati)

12. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Important EDIT: I've just tried removing the file from the support directory and using default MAX settings and same performance.. so not quite sure what to make of it.

Thing is one 4870 can handle everything (apparently). This game is CPU bound as we keep hearing (edit: this is debatable actually) so having the other card on makes little to no difference (someone mentioned 2-3 fps with a 4xxx series card in cfx).

I've just given up for now and disabled the second card then tweaked some settings in variables.txt (documents/sc2) after following a guide and now i get 100+ fps! *at the start :p* and minimal is in 40s (although haven't tried the lava level again yet). Also I've put that file from 10.7a mentioned in this thread in my SC2/support folder (so basically im using 10.7a with sc2).

Click on screenshot for 1920x1200 - The changes didn't impact the visuals too noticeably. The ground looks a little less defined but for the fps boost **** it.

[​IMG]

So just to be clear:

• I am on 10.5a (to maintain 3d clocks on second gpu in DX9 games - mainly tf2) Also have the CFX App profile from 7/26/2010

• Using atiumdag.dll from 10.7a (3mb above) in \Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support
    • Disabled Catalyst A.I. in CCC - Although you can just leave it on
    • Edited variables.txt in \Documents\StarCraft II
    Variables.txt:

buildgridhint=1
    creepnormalmap=1
    creepQuality=3
    creepreflection=1
    creepselfshadow=1
    creeptrans=1
    foliagedensity=0.950000
    foliagequality=3
    frameratecap=101
    frameratecapGlue=30
    GraphicsOptionEffectsDetail=3
    GraphicsOptionLightingQuality=3
    GraphicsOptionModelQuality=2
    GraphicsOptionMovies=3
    GraphicsOptionOverallQualityVer7[5]=3
    GraphicsOptionPhysicsQuality=3
    GraphicsOptionPortraits=2
    GraphicsOptionPostProcessing=3
    GraphicsOptionReflections=2
    GraphicsOptionShaderDetail=3
    GraphicsOptionShadowQuality=3
    GraphicsOptionTerrainQuality=3
    GraphicsOptionTextureQuality[2]=2
    height=1200
    lastDeviceId=37953 If you are going to copy and paste, make sure you keep your value of this otherwise when you go into video settings it sets it back to default after a popup
    localeidassets=enGB
    localeiddata=enGB
    localShadows=1
    mastervolume=1.000000
    mousesensitivity=0.496241
    MoviesSeen=1
    MusicContinuous=1
    MusicHeard=1
    musicvolume=0.730556
    parallaxshadow=1
    particlelod=3
    particleobjects=1.000000
    particleterrain=1.000000
    physicsdensity=16
    ribbonlod=3
    sampleFOW=1
    shadowmapsize=1024
    softshadowTaps=12
    SoundAutoDetectCPUCoreCount=4
    soundchannels=64
    soundoutput=Default
    SoundQuality=2
    splatlod=3
    targettexeldensity=1.400000
    TerrainTextureHiResCacheSize=24
    TerrainTextureLowResCacheSize=50
    TerrainTextureSize=768
    texQualityLevel=2
    texSpace[2]=1024
    transparentshadows=1
    treadlod=3
    voicechatinput=Default
    voicechatoutput=Default
    voicechatsoftwaremute=0
    vsync=0
    watercaustics=1
    waterreflection=1
    waterrendertargetformat=3
    waterrendertargetsize=512
    width=1920
    Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I'm getting weird shimmering on black backgrounds with these. For example the Mafia2 start screen. This only happens with crossfire on/fullscreen. Disable crossfire or run windows mode and everything is fine.

This shimmering is a little bit like seeing the refresh rate lines on black background.. Definitely crossfire related.

Noticed this in GTA4 too or any full screen crossfire accelerated black background. It is there on light background too but hardly noticeable on those unless you really look for it.

Update:

Enabling Vsync has gotten rid of the shimmering.

Still does not explain why it does it with crossfire on but not crossfire turned off or windows mode without the vsync.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  14. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    I always enable v-sync. If your card can keep it at 60fps throughout the time you play, you should enable it. It locks your frames to your monitors refresh rate, and you get absolutely no tearing! Without v-sync, I would see tearing any time I moved to look around in an FPS game. I have it enabled with SC2, and everything on ultra and it locks in at 60fps no problem. Maybe other people do not see tearing or maybe the amount noticed is different from eye to eye.

What reasons would you say you leave v-sync off?

15. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I usually turn on vsync in most games but not FPS games as it gives a small input lag to mouse movements which I hate. I can eliminate it in some games like source engine games by forcing the max fps in game to 59.9 as well as vsync. That gets rid of the mouse lag that you otherwise feel if just using vsync.

16. cosine83

cosine83 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 1GB HAWK TA
    Man, I don't know what the hell is up here but my AA is broken as hell. I was using 10.6 and AA was working great in everything, forced or not, except SC2 of course. Then I updated to 10.7 and AA no longer works in anything. So I uninstalled CCC, display driver, and HDMI driver through Catalyst uninstall manager, rebooted into Safe Mode and ran DriverSweeper, then rebooted back into Windows and installed 10.7a and AA is still borked. WTF?!

17. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Same here.

Try to disable Catalyst AI, then AA/AF works for me (in "normal" games. Games who need Cat IA on won't work very well...i reported this bug in the catalyst feedback on the AMD website).

18. cosine83

cosine83 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 1GB HAWK TA
    I just did a re-install again.

Seems forced AA only wants to work in games when they're running fullscreen, not windowed. Tested it out with WoW and SC2. Windowed mode looked like crap since there was no AA and Fullscreen mode looked great since it had AA. For AA to work properly in windowed mode in WoW I had to let CCC use app settings instead.

Disabling Catalyst AI in WoW resulted in transparent hair.

SC2 works great at 8x MSAA but gets super choppy when going the Adaptive.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  19. deathstryker

deathstryker New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850
    Wow, I was actually able to install this preview driver on my laptop unlike earlier preview drivers where I was locked out. Thanks ATI.

20. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Ive been away for a couple of weeks. Which one is the latest? This one or the open cl 1.1 release? If i install this one over the top of open cl? Do i still have the open cl hotfixes?