Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    i have no problems with PhysX...without my GT240 i get like an average of 11 fps in the benchmark, and with my GT240 i have an average of 34FPS all maxed out(including PhysX) in full HD!

Though i have a question: how to i check if my gpu is default on PhysX cause in Nvidia control panel i do not have the option of PhysX in 3dsettings?

2. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Go in the CP, click on manage 3d settings, then up the top left click on 3D settings and its under there.

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    PhysX really is a killer without a PPU!!!

Apex Off:

[​IMG]

Apex @ Medium!!!:

[​IMG]

Also is AA working properly? Even with it on in the menu i can still see jaggies quite bad!

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    yeah that's what i've been trying to tell u.. i don't have that option anymore with the latest PhysX driver and PhysX mod 1.04ff

[​IMG]

sorry about the quality of the picture a have an extended desktop

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Interesting results, the low fps seems to be originating from the very beginning of the bench when the scene switches to the people running, there was a tiny pause when changing scenes. I get higher average fps with AA on, which Afterburner indicates it's from higher & less erratic GPU utilization.

1920x1080 with everything max, AA off, Physx off:
    [​IMG]

1920x1080 with everything max, AA on, Physx off:
    [​IMG]

I was going to post some Physx enabled benches but it seems the feature is broken, the Physx indicator shows the Physx is running from the CPU as other's have mentioned.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ^^un-install and re-install the drivers, worked for me.

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Yeah I just read that in the other Mafia II Physx thread. I used the Physx in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mafia ii - public demo\3rd folder, version PhysX_10.05.12_9.10.0512_SystemSoftware
    Thanks

While the Physx indicator says its working on the GPU, look at the GPU usage with Physx enabled. This is just a small snapshot of the benchmark usage with Physx enabled. In between the first 2 red lines(I added) is the GPU usage during Physx enabled benchmark. From the 2nd red line(I added) to the last line is the the GPU usage when just in the menu, near twice the usage as in the bench. Something isn't working correctly. This problem only occurs when Physx is enabled.

[​IMG]

8. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    I'm usually not that picky when it comes to visuals, but I couldn't help but notice the low texture quality and the lack of any option to adjust it. Also, driving is a pain with the keyboard, so hopefully there will be some support for my Logitech Rumblepad 2 in the full version. That said, this game looks like it's going to be a ton of fun. Really like what I'm seeing so far.

9. Trustpt

Trustpt Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS (G92) OC'ed
    By the way, this might be a silly question but since my MB does not support SLi (only Crossfire) will I be able to install a second nVidia card just for the PhysX?

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    After playing arround for over 3 hours I can tell this game will be great yet as many said before the textures are horrible, almost Mafia 1 level and that one is 8 years old, on buildings it's especially visible. I really, realy hope you can adjust that in the final version.

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yes, mine supports only crossfire, and it works, because you just run 2 cards separately, there not connected like in sli or crossfire.

12. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    runs perfectly 1080p high and no PhysX. 30-40fps all the time
    PhysX med slows game too much...

I love this game. Anyone can hack that timer?? or hack char out before taking phonecall???

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I'd imagine the low res textures were there to make the download size smaller.

14. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Could I shove my 9800GTX in and use that for PhysX while using the 4890?? What custom drivers do I need?

15. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Feel free to PM me for a link to a timer stopper :) Won't dare to post it here since it modifies game's executable file.

Yes, you can. You'll need 258.96 Nvidia driver along with GenL PhysX mod 1.04ff, which can be found in PhysX section.

16. Trustpt

Trustpt Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS (G92) OC'ed
    OK, that's what I thought. Thank you for the help!

17. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Bit of a mixed bag this one. I felt like I was playing Mafia 1 at times the graphics looked so bland, but other parts of the game look quite nice.
    I have a bad feeling the anti-aliasing they are using for this may be a shader edge-smoothing type of anti-aliasing similar to what was used in Dead Space and does'nt do a great job........or it may just be broken on the demo.
    Got a lot of flashing textures as well, but that should get sorted for the full release.

18. dualloop

dualloop Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super 8GB
    Been playing the game for a few hours and i'm impressed.
    Graphically, looks great on max settings and the gameplay is fantastic.
    I'm sort of experiencing the same Physx problems everyone else is having.
    The game seems to run at 60FPS some of the time, and then will drop more than half every so often. Haven't tried with Physx off yet so will be interesting.
    Also, the game seems to slow right down when you restart it in game, like it's got some sort of memory leak. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

19. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    The demo bought my rig to it's knees during firefights when setting APEX/PhysX to high. Setting it to medium gave smoother results, yet it still struggled slightly. Quality game though if you don't mind scrimping on the PhysX/APEX features in favour of smoother gameplay.

20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    The demo is optimized like sh*t, i watched my gpu's usage, my hd5850 goes from 34% to 94%, the fps drop is of course when the gpu is at 34% use, my gt220 is used like 11% in gun fights and other situations when you see physx.

Seriously something is not right in coding, this is just bad optimization.
    Anyway i think the full game is well optimized, cause at the beginning of the demo it tells that this will not be in the full game, so i think this demo was made just to see how the game is, and they didn't spend time on optimizing, although it runs at the same engine as the full game, but maybe the demo is old, don't know, i just hope that this coding issues will not ruin the final release..