Domain Problem... Pls. Help

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by dezcooki, Aug 7, 2010.

1. dezcooki

dezcooki New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9500 GT 1 Gb
    Hi,

Pls forgive me if I posted this in the wrong thread.

I'm currently working as technical support in a school.. All computers within the school are connected
    to a domain server.. Many cases already that users were unable to login to their computer thorugh the domain even there is an internet connection(by using the local admin account). This problem happens almost everyday due to a conflict of the time (CMOS bat low) between computers and domain server. So

There are two ways to solve this:

1. Call the administrator to delete the computer's name to the server list and
    rejoin the computer to the domain. Change CMOS battery
    2. Set to WORKGROUP --> Change computer's name --> restart --> rejoin
    to the domain --> change cmos battery

However, I feel that there's a way to fix the problem other than the solution mentioned above which I don't have to call help from the admin and not to change the computer's name(which may cause problems to other computers connected to it)..

I also tried unjoining the computer from the domain (w/o changing computer's name) but whenever I tried to rejoin it, my domain username and password are denied (which works if I use other computer name not found in the domain server)..

My question is there anyway I can do other than the above solutions? coz administrators are not happy of always being
    asked to delete a computer's name from the server...

Thanks!!! any help would be appreciated!

More power to site!

2. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    replace the computers cmos battery, if the time is messed up, it cant windows update anyway.

3. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    Setup a time server to synchronize your clients with the domain controller