sli & cs:source issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by counter-strike, Aug 5, 2010.

1. counter-strike

counter-strike Active Member

GPU:
    GTX460 SLI'd
    Just got two GTX460's running SLI, works beautifully in all the games i've thrown at it, except in cs:source, the screen starts shaking like michael j. fox during a seizure. i know for a fact it has something to do with SLI, i've tried reinstalling drivers, and installing different drivers. i've disabled SLI and this issue does not occur. anyone else has this issue too? is it just because of the recent steam update?

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Disable it in source, it barely even matters, it's the most CPU sided game ever created imo. It'll barely increase your fps anyways.

3. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    ^^yep what he said^^^ when i had my 7800gt's sli'd i saw very little increase in fps in sli over single card. Source games are cpu dependent.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's insane, seriously, my 470 doesn't even break a sweat in CS Source, it stays @ 52° C...

5. counter-strike

GPU:
    GTX460 SLI'd
    so disable multi-core rendering in video options?

6. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    You want to leave multi-core rendering on, always. I do believe there are some console/launch commands you can try. Perhaps you'll have better luck over at the steam forums. But like they said, it's a very CPU dependent game.

7. counter-strike

GPU:
    GTX460 SLI'd
    i kinda figured out what it is, i was having the same issue with bad company 2, once i turned off HBAO, which i read had something to do with ambient occlusion, no more SLI glitches.

btw, source VST w/SLI w00t!

[​IMG]

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    No, that's multicore support for your CPU, just fiddle with it for best results. It's still rather buggy, but it runs better for me with it on. It lowered my max fps, but it boosted my min fps by 20 to 30, making it alot easier to maintain a constant 120 fps.

If u need a config:

http://tinypaste.com/15c88

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  9. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    did you try chaning the way SLI renders in control panel.

try switching from AFR1, AFR2, Split Screen and see if that helps. i was having an SLI issue with CSS and TF2 something almost similar to your problem and switching the SLI rending option fixed it for me.

10. counter-strike

GPU:
    GTX460 SLI'd
    yeah, still getting screen flickering issues, i have to set cs:source and bad company 2 to single gpu now, this eff'ing sux, wtf did i get SLI for? i thought i had it fixed, but i spoke too soon. i tried afr1 and 2, still no luck.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010

11. counter-strike

GPU:
    GTX460 SLI'd
    fixed the problem for sure now, it was a bad SLI bridge, thanks for the help though guys!