Cat 10.7a Beta for SCII is now available for download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well game been in beta for like 6 months..so these issues can hardly been news to the blizz team.

Atm whats holding me from actually buying it is:

1) Performance
    2) The lack of customization of hotkeys

Pritty much dealbreakers for me, the game lags and I can't put my own keys on it I mean lol. :wanker:

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the performance is great without AA, don't know about the keys, i always play with the default ones.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it should not lag mate. I can play this maxed with 16xAF no problem. even with 2xAA it's smooth. plus don't forget that future patches and drivers will improve things further more.

EDIT: maybe they don't want to allow custom keys because they want a level playing field.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I feel your pain , they dont care about us anymore. they want us to upgrade.

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I have an Q6600@3.4GHz and I don't have the performance of the review...
    Strange.
    Maybe wrong settings of the Q6600 motherboard, like very low FSB.

6. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    This driver are beta/hotfix lol... why you can't wait Catalyst 10.8 WHQL for say that you don't have support?

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    because its not just about SC2. CFX is broken on allot of games for me. basicly since 10.6

8. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Why wait????

People has waited now over a year (that's over 12 months) for AMD/ATI to come up with any decent drivers for their hardware and still we are looking
    several errors, huge processing bugs & several features not even supported by official drivers. In another though why do you even consider than v10.8 would
    make any difference where v10.6 did not, 10.7 did not, 10.7 hotfix did not and v10.8b5 is just sad attempt to show that something new is there while even old very basic GPU features are broken.

There is absolutely no excuse of AMD/ATI driver team for not optimize DirectX 9 code (as they haven't done their job since v9.10). Absolutely no
    reason why they build OpenGL 4.0 on top of functional 3.2 instead of splitting the code paths for the time they could fix the OpenGL 4.0 and even
    further on DX10 optimization looks to be next victim (according to v10.7a hotfix). hell, there ain't even that many DirectX 11 games for them to only optimize DX11.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  9. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    with the cat 10.7 with 2x aa via ccc i get a min fps of 30 , with the 10.7 hotfix the min i get is 15 fps with the same settings . even crysis does not get that bad fps on my crossfired 5770's , the driver needs work tbh

10. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Well, I have installed these hotfix drivers, enabled 8xSSAA in SCII and I have no performance drop at all. That is because AA doesn't work at all. Dunno why. I guess I fail at life too :p

11. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    you don't the game's producers pretty much failed at the implementation of AA in the game for ATI users.
    I've tested the game myself, the only way i've forced AA is with RadeonPro utility, doing an Adaptive method with Box overlay, at 1280x960 resolution.
    Everything turned out pretty well, if you can withstand a 20fps game!
    So, i came back to standard.

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  13. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Overall the performance of SC2 on ATI cards could be much better, with my current rig running the game at 1920x1080 maxed options, performance drops to 30's in some levels, and that is without AA, with AA performance drops a lot more.
    ATI should focus first on performance and then Antialiasing.

14. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    install the hotfix, and when you select the launcher, also add the SC2.exe as a trigger from the folder Versions, Base xxxx(numbers).

15. DoomSayer

DoomSayer Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    This beta driver is an abortion.
    Cant force AA in to Warhammer Online anymore.

16. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    This driver broke crossfire in Metro 2033 for me so went back to the regular 10.7's. I don't mind because the visual difference in SC2 with AA on and off is so slim. It doesn't seem to be a game which begs for AA like some.

17. ca1v

ca1v Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 Vapour X
    Im not having any problems... Using 10.5. really smooth for me :)

18. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I tried that as well, linked it to sc2.exe, tried regular, adaptive and SS, no go :/ I double checked the driver version and it's 10.7a...AI is on standard...I have no clue how to make it work. I just want 2xSSAA od any AA, I can't stand jaggies....

19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Ok so for me to enjoy SC2 I need 10.7a ,otherwise I cannot see the units with 10.5, but in order for me to have any fun in BFBC2, I NEED to stick with 10.5a otherwise I get terrible mouselag/flicker/slow menu/and other BS... Come on ATi, nothing but bull**** since 10.5a, what is going on ffs ??

20. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    did u play beta of sc2?