AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    these drivers are only for windows 7,because it does not work for xp.

2. azetab

azetab Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 512 MB OC
    do these drivers perform faster than 10.7 WHQL for single cards?

3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Yes.

It also works for Windows Vista.

4. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    so no support for xp,i was looking forward to try this.

5. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Vista for the moment is not there. As I had to use FireGL drivers for 3.70 and no Vista driver has been released.

I'll see what I can do when I know what this hotfix ATI is saying about is and when I get some idea today where I am at on the new eyefinity set I build.

What would be the use of XP support. Dump in oldest drivers you can find & hit them with new profiles and voila XP works like a charm.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  6. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    OUTSTANDING! THX again!

7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    hmm, trying to get the test results now for full EyeFinity package. I need to deal with this EyeFinity optimizations I am building before I will continue the v3.70 as I truly need to know now how and what will work clean in there to continue.

I just sended a new test package on 1 fellow and I hope to reach this other fellow here now on similar system so I can dump the drivers to him too for testing a bit faster. I think I am very very close on breaking it down.

-update-

Well, those people who are now running the 10.8b5(build v3.70) and cannot get the crossfire functional correctly (or anything above 10.5a). Those people should
    check the Eyefinity driver I am building, atm, when available too. As these will fix crossfire through DirectX levels when done. As for now I got DX10
    covered and only trouble seems to be on DX11 for the moment. Anyway, working on it I see no reason for 'experimental drivers' as for now since current build on my desktop is not yet fully functional run be me.

8. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    Is Eyefinity required for this improved driver you're developing?

9. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    No, basis is CFX scaling, but on small resolution(below ~3000x1200px) desktop the v3.70 current build is faster in general gaming.

what I develop for these systems is optimization to process something like 6000x1200px cleaner which is a lot different than applying Huge Anti-Aliasing or FS/SSAA's for 1920x1200 displays where Crossfire is good for.

10. Frytz

Frytz New Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 8800GT
    Hi TwL
    Thanks for your hard job:)
    I've only one question...do these drivers work with mobility radeon hd5xxx series? Or only are for desktop cards?

11. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    nope, desktop only.. I see no reason I am already doing 2 different setups and both 4 times because of x86/x64 architectures and ATI insist to break their own technology and not base their driver builds to fully functional driver branch.

I really don't want yet another set to build and Mobility Radeon are 'half' what we are using here, optimization of these drivers are different than in
    here. In mobility you want an solid IDLE power and API has to restrict graphics better so that means better PowerPlay detections etc etc. Using
    optimization like my current builds (for example if someone would simply mod there the DeviceID's) would heat mobile hardware to way beyond the limits
    because the CPU processing would be unlocked in a sense that it would process 2/15th of Desktop * 2(Laptop half) better which would make higher
    processing GPU & CPU utilize so much more than it might even break the equipment.

Anyway, not even planning to provide any support for mobility as these systems has 'limits' desktops doesn't.

12. Frytz

Frytz New Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 8800GT
    Ok no problem:thumbup:

13. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    TwL is neccesary to install ati aplication profile or not?

Bye and thanks for all the work u do

14. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I currently don't have it on and it works for me.

15. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    From changelog

16. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    not with 3.70.. It's newest what ATI or Rage3D would offer.

@commonly

Eyefinity with ATI 3-4 GPU Setups:
    I am having a bit issues here on testing side as for the moment. As I've stated before I cannot fix what I cannot see and there are some people here
    who owns and Eyefinity + 4 ATI GPU setup and saying that drivers doesn't scale through 4 GPUs which isn't even entirely ATI fault for not to include profiling to each title.

I bet I could fix this if I could test such setups, but since I cannot see the setup, I cannot test this kind of system (over VNC (Remote Control) I have
    been able to know that what I setup is REALLY setup, but..) I seem to be stuck here totally because no matter what I change (no matter, if I see
    10-100 FPS change in my end of changes I've made) the fellow with test system will tell me "they function the same" which cannot be by any means
    possible even IF the modules wouldn't be working or driver wouldn't work IT still would make a change.

So, believing these 'tests' done is incredible hard for me as I can see the performance change of same software in my screen. I haven't in 20 years of
    building systems yet ever seen an hardware I couldn't of fix, if I would of needed it to work, but it would look like here is the first system where I will
    not be able to fix it and it honestly pissed me off as it is just because I cannot test it.

Commonly, on current drivers:
    Well, I am using the current v3.70 here myself surprisingly there haven't really been any issues on these new drivers. Even while there are problems
    reported on ATI forums on v10.7 WHQL on our setup I test these errors through all the time to see would those affect current and update, if there
    is an error, but in this setup I have absolutely no errors.

If anyone comes with an error please let me know so I can check and fix it.

17. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Hello TwL!
    I own dual 5970 (quadfire) and three 30" in eyefinity.
    Nothing works with official drivers.
    I can do anything you need in terms of testing, and post proof of actually owning the hardware mentioned.
    Deepest regards for doing ati's work!
    Best, Max.

18. Shekers

Shekers Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor 7970 CFX
    Wow...That sounds like a hell of a system...i want pictures regardless :D

19. Shekers

Shekers Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor 7970 CFX
    TWL, I will back you up on this...I am very happy with the 3.70...first time in a while where I don't have to either disable CFX, or disable my 2nd monitor to have games work. Tesselation in DX11 games seems to run well too...I can't say this enough...THANK YOU!

20. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    If you can dump official drivers up (I need 4 drivers tested, atm 'clean-up + 2 reboots'). Would appreciate the effort. I have here few patches on my work table for the drivers
    ~30 megs / patch and would need you having at least few official versions on HD like 10.5 and 10.5a would be nice and any of my packages (v3.49/2.91).

Drop me a PM or MSN me or something.