StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    lmao.....yeah i think they got their idea from C&C for that one. :3eyes:

So far so good for me. The game is good but it does not live up to the 1st one for me as of yet.

Also what do you guys upgrade from the ship? I'm curious.

2. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    so only terran campaign works?

3. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    They only release the Terran campaign. They decided to chop the game into 3 parts. Each part with 1 campaign. This news is so last year.

4. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Yup. Gonna have to wait for the Zerg and Protoss campaigns to be released later on. $59.99 x 3...sucks but if they all have production values like this one I'm sold!

5. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Any idea on the prospective release dates of those? I'm definitely going to drop the cash for all 3. I've played 1 mission and it's already rekindled my love for SC :p

Blizzard is great. Almost as great as Valve. Almost ;)

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    This is what is holding me back from picking the game up right now. If I wait I can probably buy a battle chest of sorts with all 3 for cheaper...but that would probably be 2 years from now.

7. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Friend gave me a guess pass for 7 hours. And after whoopin his behind 1 v 1 Im going to have to get this game for multiplayer....atleast 1 version of it. Might have to play all 3 campaigns in other manners...

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    And I wish people would stop ****ing spreading misinformation.

They are not going to be 60$.

Blizzard has said they are expansions, 39.99$, or 29.99$, we'll see.

Also, each one is 30-60 hours(depending on your speed) of content.

I've done roughly 5-6 missions out of 26 in WoL right now. I've put in roughly 9 hours.

So yeah, most RTS last 10 hours at best, but I've barely gotten INTO this one, and I'm at where most RTS end.

Dawn of War II - Over fast - 12 hours
    Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising - Lol, like 6 hours!
    Command & Conquer 3 had some length to it, maybe 20 hours with all of them done.

Just saying, WoL alone is longer than most games & their expansions, and the two additional ones will be priced as such.

IT IS NOT a money grubbing decision as some CLAIM. It is infact perfectly reasonable.

Listen, HoTS & LoTV aren't even created yet, they've just started...expected HoTS around the same time next year, and then another year after that for LoTV.

Did you really want them to delay SCII for two more years?

Sure, Blizzard likes money, Blizzard is a company. But you can't expect them to give out so much content for absolutely no additional charge. It's GREEDY of YOU.

Like I said, I'm skipping some bonus stuff and it's this long already, missions have been getting harder, and lasting longer than the previous ones, so I may hit 40 hours. In a ****ing RTS.

The only reason people are even BITCHING is because they announced the Expansion packs before the game was released. If they had not, people would have been grudged against only a Terran story, but then when a Expansion pack came, they'd be like "HOLY ****ING ****< YEH!"

But because Blizzard let you know this, now they're money grubbing, evil, ect, out to scam you, Activision has corrupted them, except that they are Co-partners and Bobby Kotick has 0% say in anything Blizzard. He couldn't even get a Coffee guy fired at Blizzard.

So seriously guys. Blizzard has delivered a proper sequel, insanely amazing, the SP alone, and the custom maps?

It is the ****ing Half-Life of RTS, think of HotS & LotV as "Episode 1 & Episode 2"

9. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    don't cry you little baby
    i'll be playing the *cough* cough* version until the 3 in 1 collector's edition release in retail

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    lol.

You know, I pirate a ton of ****, but every once in awhile, a game that deserves to be bought comes along, like Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, or here, Starcraft 2, and most likely Diablo 3. Pirating the developers who get on their knee's and suck the fans dicks, well, that actually -does- hurt PC gaming, cause why will they continue to suck if you give them nothing for it?:p

Regardless, game sold well. Not a baby, just it is not 60$ x3, and it is not some "scam" by Blizzard. Bobby Kotick is a dick, but he had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Oh, and that 3 in 1 edition? See you in 2 & a half years, for 120$.

11. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I'm with Mkilbride on this one... and something else I just found out:

THERE'S A SHOOT EM UP GAME IN STARCRAFT 2 IN THE CANTINA!!!

How freakin' awesome is that? *plays*

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes the game is awesome, the single player is sort of a tuturial ,and the mp is where it reallly shines. i have played some side scrolling map yesterday , was pretty funny , although i did wish i could play it with a controller tbh.

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I "test out" a few games a year, but not lately. I too believe that the stuff worth paying for I pick up day one and because I want PC gaming to survive because I hate console gaming lulz.

Anyways, I'll be picking up 2 copies of the game with my work discount soon unless I can find it onsale cheaper somewhere. My work discount for games is typically $4-5 off, but I'll take it.

14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I switched from ultra to high and i felt big relief in FPS , now i'm having over 60 all the time.

But with ultra i'm only getting max like 35 ... And more like 30.
    Still difference is huge , maybe something else is affecting my performance.

15. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I have been trying to download the 40mb patch for 3hrs....my internet is just that good....and now I hear that there is no offline skirmish ( which as you can see from my piss poor internert ) that is a very bad thing indeed for me. Can anyone give me a definite yes or no on the offline skirmish, because my head is about to explode in rage, I was guaranteed by someone that there would be offline skirmish, it is THE reason I bought the game.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i dunno about the offline skermish, but i did get a connection lost to battlenet message, when playing a single player mission lol. (could still continue playing without any problems though)

17. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    God damn...it's not looking good, surely they should have announced if there was no offline skirmish at all, they made it sound like there was.....

How much replayability does a campaign have...not much, and that basically makes the map maker useless too.....so 90% of the content that I bought the game for...is unusable *one handed claps* all I can say is that is this game doesn't have offline skirmish when my DL finally finishes in 25 minutes...the next the SC 2 games + diablo 3 are on blizzard.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    the campaign has no replayability value imo, since its sort of a tutorial. to get used to the units.
    its more of a multiplayer game tbh, i played some custom map yesterday online, it was quite fun tbh.
    i dont see why it wouldnt have skermish btw, it has a map maker. :banana:
    would be pretty weird to only test those maps online.

19. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    ^
    Can you confirm that there are skermish in offline mode ? and do you have to be online to play single player (campaign) ?

Would like to get the game. But I would not be playing online matches just want to weigh out the cons and pros to see if its worth while. The only internet that I have at home is when I use my cell and that is o.k to register a game but not being online for and playing matches.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  20. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    bought the game but can't even log on to battle.net (the client said they can't find a starcraft 2 associate with my account). On my account summary. 2 SC 2 were listed. One of them is an active NA starcraft 2 and the other one is the Open Beta SC2 for TW region (only chinese client for TW, another dumb decision, why client language is tied to region?? there are plenty of foreigner living in TW FFS).

Can't post on forum since I can't login to create a character. Sent email to B.Net and hope they resolve this issue asap...

This region lock is Epic Failure.

/rant off