A Gun Thread - Short Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by "Born"_*Leader*, Nov 19, 2009.

?

How many people here own guns?

1. Yes

5.2%
  2. Yes x1

5.9%
  3. Yes xMore than 1

27.5%
  4. None

61.3%
  1. "Born"_*Leader*

"Born"_*Leader* Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS450 OC in SLI
    Just an empty gun case
    [​IMG]

2. memorex11218

memorex11218 Guest

He he :biggun: Just got it and cleaned the cosmoline off, but pics are before cleaning.

1930 Tula manufactured, all matching, 91/30 Mosin Nagant rifle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    That is beautiful. How much? There's one going for $68 at the range up the street. Though it looks a little rougher than yours.

4. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    good thing i live in canada where owning a non-hunting gun is illegal :3eyes:

5. memorex11218

memorex11218 Guest

I got it from classicarms.us for $140, they always have the best stock. You need a C&R (FFL03) license though.

ST19AG: I would get the $68 one cause that's a hell of a deal. Just make sure that the headspace is alright on it. Besides, you can always re-blue the metal and refinish the stock to make any mosin nagant look like new.

Tranceholic: Just put an ATI stock on it and you have a "hunting" gun. You can get one here: http://www.gunaccessories.com/ati/SyntheticStocks/index.asp

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
  6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Beautiful gun that is.

Anyway, here is my last M4A1 modification before I leave the army. Note that all my personal modifications (grips, etc) are missing. Optic mounted is a Meprolight Mepro 21, it is parallax free which means wherever the dot is located is the impact location:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  7. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Nice!

I think I am quickly becoming addicted to shooting paper...I went the the range the other weekend (2nd time with the rifle) and went through another 100 rounds on a Sunday with nothing to do and I brought my own neon splatter targets. Now I think I will find myself picking up ammo whenever I see them on sale again. Its a pretty rewarding feeling and a hobby that costs about as much as a night out at the bar...bullets or beer, bullets or beer...I've been using the same Remington .223 55g UMC. Flawless 100 rounds this time, no jams.

The Magpul angled foregrip was as expected. It was very comfortable and natural while holding it. I just need to get some sort of recoil pad for the stock and I say its done for this rifle, comfort wise.

At the range, one of the workers there was pretty happy to see a Saiga, I guess because they arent seen that often. I let him shoot a few rounds. There were alot of people looking at me this time because they had no idea what I was holding >_>

Word spreads fast when you have a gun...I told a few people at work and have brought one of them with me to the range. Then someone on the floor finds out and they say they never thought I was a gun person and then tells others as if they are warning people about me. ;/ Fair enough, I could use a stress free work environment away from annoying people on the sales floor.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm soon going to get geared up for reserve duty. Reserve duty is where you really can use your personal gear and not be worried since if you are called in for real and not for training it is war and you want the best equipment on you.

Fulmtl - Do you have a standard vertical foregrip, if so tell me how it compares to the AFG. I'm real curious since I've been hearing great things about the AFG and I am thinking of picking one up.

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Haha, real nice. The very first sniper rifle.

10. WR3CK

WR3CK Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4890
    Awesome thread guys. Just put in a order for a OD SR9 sadly limited to 10 rounds cause of the crappy laws we have here. Will post some pics of it once i get it in about 3 weeks cant wait lol.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I dont have one at the moment, but I can pick up one tomorrow or at the next gun show next month. The gun stores here doent really have anything good.

I took off the little indent in the middle a few weeks ago. I took it off because the indent would hit the web of my fingers and annoy me. My thumbs are forward or above the arc of the rubber rail guards. If the guards werent there, this grip would really hurt on my setup.
    I let my buddy borrow my DSLR for the weekend, so here are are a few cell phone pics.
    [​IMG]

Here is how I typically hold it.
    [​IMG]

Here is how one of my buddy holds it, like a second trigger. Do note, there is a rubber guard on the bottom rail there to protect the index finger. Doesnt exactly feel right to me unless the front tip was more ergonomic.
    [​IMG]
    I let two other people hold it and they were surprised it was comfortable for something they have never seen before.

According to Magpul, you want to place it further up if you have an AR-15, but I cant do it with the AK because its almost 2lbs heavier than an AR-15 and would wear me out. Here is the official trainer holding it.
    [​IMG]
    Randoms picture of it found on this thread http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?169909-Magpul-AFG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Because of the way it is shaped, it works for AK's because the backend of it does not interfere with a longer magazine. If you want to use a vertical grip on an AK, you have to move it forward to where the magazine wont hit it when reloading.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Brute Force, I just go the heads up from a product reviewer on youtube that there will be an AFG-2. From what he describes, it will have a slimmer front end so it doesnt get in the way of other mounts directly around it on the rail.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnfyCh1Or2o

13. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Here's my 18 year old son at the gun range getting some practice time with the AR-15 last week. Also got to shoot some various hand guns and a Chinese made SKS assault rifle.

It was super hot (94 degrees) that day so everyone is sweating it, lol.

[​IMG]

14. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    At what age did you let your son start shooting? If (and when) I have kids, I want to do the same :)

15. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Started him out with air rifles when he was six years old. Once I felt comfortable with his firearm safety and marksmanship I moved him to 22 caliber rifles when he was about 9. Started him skeet shooting with a 20 gauge shotgun when he was 12 and by the time he was 16 he was proficient with high power rifles, assault rifles and pistols (revolvers & semi-auto).

I'm getting ready to teach him how to properly load, shoot and clean black power rifles, I've been holding off on the black powder weapons because they are by far the most dangerous and difficult to shoot.

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    ^ Knight makes an inline muzzle loader that has an exceptional safety. I bought one when I was 13, haven't fired it in about half a decade now. The first safety stops you from pulling the trigger and the second safety is like a hood on the firing pin.

[​IMG]

You see the little red band on the cocked hammer? well you screw the little hood over the red band and it won't be able to hit the percussion cap. It's silent so you can keep it on without being afraid of the click when you're ready to fire at a deer.

The other safety is the lever with the little red dot beside it.

17. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    I have an in-line similar to the one you have, it's a cheap Traditions model - not nearly as nice as the Knight.

It's a 54 cal. - not the 50 cal. most people shoot.

[​IMG]

I don't use the pre-loaded powder charges so I'm very careful about measuring out the proper charge. My son's a smart guy but I'm always concerned that he would load to much powder and cause serious damage to the rifle and possibly the his face and hands, I've seen it happen.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just a quick shooters tip, tell your son to rest the magazine on the arm; the more points of contact the more accurate his shots will be. Also on his supporting hand, tell him to put his index finger straight out in the direction of firing; trust me it will help a lot on reflex shots.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  19. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    some quick pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Real nice rifle you put together there Fulmtl.

Now that I am out of the army I am in the market for a good pistol, thinking of a Glock 17.