tri-fire does 5970 + 5870 work ok with eyefinty

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by jaykop, Jul 13, 2010.

1. jaykop

jaykop Active Member

GPU:
    1080 g1 gaming sli
    tri-fire does 5970 + 5870 work ok with eyefinty with latest drivers .....

2. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    Good question, if I had the money to buy all those I'd test for your lol.

3. csaris

csaris Member

GPU:
    5870 TriFire
    Ι don't believe that trifire will ever work in eyefinity.... The reason is too much stuttering!

4. poo417

poo417 Guest

GPU:
    At the moment tri/ quad fire does engage and theoretically work with eyefinity but as mentioned it performs like a pig! You get very bad frame rates and horrendous stuttering.

One hope is that it seems that NV have tri-sli working and scaling well in surround with the 470/ 480 looking at some of the people on widescreengaming.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010

5. "Born"_*Leader*

"Born"_*Leader* Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTS450 OC in SLI
    I have thought this question myself and did not see a problem.

6. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    the point would be .. can your mobo and cpu support 3 x uber high end cards running together?

further more i think when the NV solution takes off more then sti will have no choice but to improve eyefinity in all ways.

eyefinity/nv surround is the future for sure. you simply cant get the same experience unless you have a 1600p 30" apple display @ £900+ . Yet 3xcheaper lcd is almost half that price and nearly twice the res.

im runing over 7 million pixel res quiet successfully on one OC`d 5850 with most settings on high and typical 40-60fps but it does slow down on very high settings or with AA and of course multigpu is the answer.

of course when bezeless tech is out then i will want to run 4 or even 5 screens in portrait :)