AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Will not. It cannot delete essential data without administrator privileges, if you now think what you are saying I should force people to do something and on top of that you are suggesting I should modify or use users machine Environment Variables on top of that. I will not do this as people has to understand to read what they are told or they will screw up.

Although, this could help on processing the start little faster, but I will not add a single entry which would modify user system unrelated to ATI/AMD/NVIDIA.

Will not.. This is done on Manual log. Please let me know if you have something really useful and not shooting a loops. btw, where the heck do you need '/d'-param? anyway, if you look at bottom of CMD you understand this is already done in other level totally.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Wow cheers for the help.

The lockups were on offical 10.6, (none other 10.5a/10.4a etc etc) dont twist what ive wrote to make it sound like i've got a dodgy system.

The "driver stopped responding" happened on first reboot after using your patch, never ever seen it before with any driver.... suspicious isn't it.

Removed your stuff
    , ran drivercleaner.net, back to offical 10.5a .Problem solved.

3. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    those 10.5a builds are as new as they come functional since v3.49-v3.50. They cannot be any better. as for 10.6 CFX I KNOW they are slower in CFX that is not the point. Point is does they work.

I don't give a good scotch on FPS, if you get them working that's helpful as this tells me that our current driver is 'functional' which is 50 times more information than do they vantage for future Catalyst 10.7.

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    not sure what are you searching here, but test. all video data should work flawless.

5. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    quad palit gtx 580 on h20
    TwL just tried ur 10.6b 3.50 still a no go for crossfire on 5970's

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    but you do then. if people can get same working what you cannot. This means issue is on your end not in drivers.

bah, learn to use windows and then try again. This is not happening on anyone elses machines. So, this cannot be 'common issue' as you refer now.
    The 10.6 maybe dodgy driver as itself and if you simply installed it in bad environment sure it sucks with my patch or not, but any functional driver
    installation in system patched with my patcher works much faster says exactly one thing something is wrong in this unique system and it's driver installation.

but use the 10.5a v3.50 build then, if the official v10.5a works this will work a lot faster (no matter do you dislike my answers or not).

7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, it totally screws up on DX9-10 on true huge CFX systems. 10.5a will work flawless (as in the multiple monitor builds). Seems they changed in the whole 10.6 driver series something to the actual drivers (although, knew this but well through maybe it might work as now utilizing again a new style of set there).

Thanks for testing anyway.

@commonly

Doesn't look too good for Catalyst 10.7 and CFX for the moment. I've now tested 10.6 driver series up-side-down since v2.57 builds. There is absolutely NOTHING that works after v10.4b,v10.5a.

o I added MSN(my god I hate chat clients anything else than true old IRC) on my profile now, I'll be here 'usually'. Sometimes it's just easier to ask directly than go and post multiple messages where some issues take more time to solve multiple things in same machine.

8. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Of course the issue is on my end, I'm not talking about anybody else.
    I dont speak for the masses, just myself.

Clean install, but yes i've established that 10.6 aren't that good.

Where did I say it was a 'common issue' ???
    Stop twisting words to suit your purpose pls, thats the second time you've done it.

An issue happend after installing your patch, it never happened before.
    I've solved the problem by removing your stuff, end of story, sorry if that hurts.

Good luck with the rest of the project and thanks for the effort your putting into it.

anyway i'm off to learn to use windows.....bah

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Read over the code again.
    It checks if the user has admin rights and exits if not, since there is no need to run anything if the user isn't admin.

True, /d is not needed, forgot to take it out after testing.

Stop taking suggestions as an insult ;)

10. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yes and makes an variable = no good, as said I will not do a single modification to user system which doesn't concern ATI/AMD/NVIDIA.

execute it in single pass straight to screen and that might be a way to do this. Something like:

Code:
    FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO IF %%V==Access (
    echo please get admin rights && pause
    goto end
    ) ELSE (
    goto continue
    )
    :continue
    but even in this case your 'IF' would fail to funtion. That will not go pass the 'FOR' by any means (as far I understand).

I didn't I just usually read the script before I start suggesting new things. Took me so many hours to build it (which is way too many brain cells waisted
    on AMD/ATI) that I am just a bit suspicious on anything suggestions there might be and as for above suggestions as said before on the driver cleanup
    topic to you. I am interested on the amdkmdag registry, if you find me a way to identify correct keys and use the GUID of them.

Something like list > findstr > identify might work (as far I've figured), but that's not much to go for.

btw, sweet jesus I would love some C++ fellow to do this properly. :3eyes:
    I mean should probably ask help from someone like 'japamd' perhaps he would have nessessary skill to build an proper application or the 'guru3d fellow' who builds the 'driversweeper'.

11. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @slickric21

Do what ever you wish. You are speaking on public forums in driver functionalities which makes anything you say an 'common issue' where I will
    have to consider what ever problems you had with the setup as 'common' no matter how you see it. I will not see the issues here as 1 single machine with
    you or anyone for this reason we have 'private message' systems where an unique issue found can be solved.

and don't say I 'twist words'. I do understand I ain't the corporate "How may I help you"-service phone, I do tend to say directly what is the cause of
    the issue and I simply were referring issue in your 'unique case' was not issue on everyone as I do not see the same issue happening other people setups and this simply
    says to other people something would be bad which is more like because your unique setup had an issue.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  12. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    I'm having the best experience with your drivers thus far with AMD.

Thank you for all the time you have put into the build. It's fun to see the progression of a solid build.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    FOR is the loop, IF is the check upon the boolean value found by the loop.
    The code I pasted is the way it is done in DOS.

If I find some time I can transform your scripts to C++ or even C# if you like.

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, do understand this just had an personally bad experience on the IF check not functioning correctly. Might be my system only but I did run it on VM also just didn't wanna work.

Either way I still would love to keep separated vars and set values out from usage. Somehow in everytime I build against 'adding internal'-anything to system it just starts going bad.

This would be nice.

Well, I can do little C++ or C# myself, but this single cmd now build does the job very well (hell, honestly I never ever even though I could A. get the lockdown files B. get anywhere close removing the LEGACY device).

@commonly

Seems we have some kind of 10.7 beta out there gonna take a shot.

btw, on single monitor setup v3.50 is absolutely horrid on crysis shadows. So, if someone plays alot of crysis use the v3.49 it's much better.

-UPDATE on 10.7 beta-

Seems these 10.7 beta drivers are very close to our v3.50 single card drivers with exception of this has full build CCC in them like there was on 10.5a/10.5.

Performance isn't actually that bad DX10-11 are little improved, but the processing in these is absolutely horrid. there's like 12 FPS jump when any
    processing happens on CPU or something like PhysX kicks in. Not exactly Metro 2033 drivers to say it another way. However, I am willing to have some
    fate and believe these wouldn't be ATI official builds although I don't exactly give rats even, if better build would be delivered by 'ATIMAN' go go go.

Anyway, if someone tests them on CFX let me know how they acts. interested mainly are both DX9 & DX10-11 through threaded on 3-4 GPUs ? (and such stuff, but I am afraid since these looks afwully close to 'v10.6 beta' the CFX won't work on these properly either.)

back to v3.49 build on my end.

15. drutort

drutort Active Member

GPU:
    AMD FirePro V5900
    great job, installed 3.50 fallowed the steps had no problems worked on the first try :)

16. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    They will install ok now. Although, got here couple more entries to next release to add although, nothing meaningful yet.

@commonly

as for versions v3.49 seems to be better stability than 3.50 for the moment even while v3.50 are faster. There's something in the v3.50 processing 'shadows' in games which is a lot slower than on v3.49 for some reason, this most be the 10.6 beta driver doing this.

hmm, if no one has anything against in future further modding a bit so catalyst defaults things like 'Adaptive Anti-Aliasing', 'EdgeAA' and catalyst would automatically select 'Custom' checked so your 3D settings would be applied not some ATI/AMD settings. I'll add them to next builds.

but meant to ask people opinion:

1. Should I return to 'extra_functions.reg' instead of modding INF to have the changes ? (This would mean INF files of drivers would be clean official and there would be possibility to have an 'WHQL' signing intact on some builds.)

2. Would you guys prefer unmodded INF instead and no extra functions or as now simply clear driver INF with basic modification to DXVA/3D settings to be from start correctly (or as I see them a bit better values for watching videos & playing games) ?

(None of above would affect performance in any sense. They are just functions to catalyst and should they be enabled/configured by default.)

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Please, for me, no more Reg. Like this is supper convenient and noob proof.
    Like this the drivers are gods!

18. Mr Dohz

Mr Dohz Active Member

GPU:
    6970 Lightning
    hi , is it a must to delete the amdkmdag registry entry after every uninstallation ?

should i delete just only this entry ? or the entire folder in the registry that contains this entry ?

i just delete that entry alone only.

anyway the v3.49 driver is really great. Stable is the key word , which is what i wanted. It is still pretty fast as well.

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Nope, but it's advised since some people has updated over and over AMD drivers and there's million reg keys in some systems. It has an extra reg every single time driver is updated on top of previous.

In other words you've done my clean up 1 time properly it's good ever after.

Do not delete the folder. It contains microsoft RDP(remote desktop display drivers also), if you delete something look inside the 'LOGS\Manual_cleanup_entries.log' after cleanup. Those are the only entries there is, if removing something.

They are fast as hell. Running them here just finished benchmarking.

I sure like to see AMD/ATI beat these ones up.

@commonly

Hmm, perhaps some interested on benchmarks.

I just ran an benchmark 2 scales to first page on v3.49 Single Monitor drivers here. Using highest stable clock speeds NOW they are 40Mhz higher than any driver before.

- 935Mhz / 1219Mhz (This is the exact setup as all previous benchmarks there)
    - 975Mhz / 1219Mhz (This is highest totally stable for everything I can now run which was not possible before.)

Anyway, as for now I am suggesting on single Monitor v3.49 as core build. v3.50 has some issues on shadows although those would be even faster in benchmarks.

-edit-

I quoted the v3.50 out a bit, if someone on single cards wants just well functioning driver v3.49 seems very good.
    Although, there's nothing wrong with the v3.50 as far I see except Crysis DX10 shadows are damn slow.

20. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
    @ TwL:

I would like if you return to 'extra_functions.reg' instead of modding INF. So everybody can choose what they want ;)

I just find out that the driver-option "basic quality" (Video) there is always the value 'Bob'... I always change it to 'vector adaptive' but it never keeps the settings...