*New* Monthly ATI Driver/Team slagging thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    a novel idea for the op. you tell me your issues and we try and fix them?

am much more into that than complaining...

dont get me wrong you can post what you like, it's a free world. but i prefer creating threads which have some overall objective to them.

perhaps am wrong but gripe threads are actually counter-productive. i guess you could create a list with specifice issues and attempts to troubleshoot then send them to ati...

maybe they should take note. i would have thought the ati/nvidia driver teams would use sites like guru to get feedback.

seems to me guru is an invaluable source. well i am biased ofc :)

2. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    well... i have known rich guy for a long long time.. and i don't think he would troll all of a sudden out of no where and with out any reason.. but i don't really get the point of this thread.. anyways.. i have always had ati cards since 9xxx series of ati and just once i have had nvidia 8800gt .... well the card was a revolution i know.. till the moment i used 9x.xx drivers the version which i don't remember.... and i used to get blackouts on games every now and then... even my cousin who has 9800gt at the moment ... getting all kinds of issues with every single drivers including blackouts... but he always gets a good fps with less graphics compare to ati's... which i have always said that games with ati always looked a tad better.. at least in my eyes..

now with ati drivers... well the cards have been top noch since the 4xxx series... and the drivers were crappy for me with either 9.11 or 9.12 which i don't remember... and after that it was all great till 10.6... so i am using 10.4 at the moment.. and no complaints.... so i don't really get the issue with driver complaints... yes one driver in one whole year which is crappy .. i think i can live with that... and not update for one or two months as long as my games run awesome.. like they always do. :D :D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. 01 Vlatce

01 Vlatce Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6770 DC
    Maybe because he payed money for his red card, and the guys from the red team can't make one fu**ing good driver.

You are right.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't have any issues, i never have, so what the **** am i doing wrong. the drivers are complete bollocks, they shouldn't be working :confused:

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    :bugeye:

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well they shouldn't be should they, as every month, year after year, when the drivers are released, its page after page of what i said in my op isn't it, so clearly the drivers are complete bollocks, and the odd person like me who isn't having any issues, who isn't screaming about going Nvidia, as they can do drivers, or wished we'd never left em if we had, month on month, year on year, are cleary doing something wrong.

Read all the Nvidia driver threads, they clearly are much better drivers, as no one in there posts all the time, im going ATi, wish id never left, they can do drivers ect..., and why is that, as they'd be getting even worse drivers wouldn't they :p

Its like gfx cards, if i wanted to upgrade, i wouldn't get something like an x800 would i, course not, as its worse isn't it. :D

Serious time:

All those who keep screaming page after page after page about going Nvidia for next cards, as only they can do drivers ect.... every month in the ATi driver release threads, will you be posting the same in their driver threads all the time when you get bugs/problems, Nvidia can't do drivers, they are a pos, im getting a console, or im getting an Intel gfx chipset, and not using a card anymore (as you can't say your going ATi can you, has to be either a console/intel gfx).

7. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    I got it, and I agree.

I stopped completly to read the driver release threads since it is just spamm all over the place, cant get any constructive information out of it. Bunch of people venting their random user error issues in the drivers thread completly rendering any discussion pointless since you cant filter through it all.

Keep the clueless kiddie spam in a thread like this and only the positives in the driver released thread imo.

8. Dubbs

Dubbs Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5750 1gb
    im pretty sure 10.7 isnt out so how can you say "it has this it doesnt have this"

9. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Since when. We go couple years back NVIDIA was total screw ups and ATI was the only damn TRUE driver developer there was. Ask any damn linux nerd and you'll find this to be true. :)

but that's just lame statement with no backbone to back it up.

10. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    This thread won't work, angry ati users will vent in driver release thread regardless of what you may or may not want them to do.

11. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    We should make 2 threads from now on,
    ATI Catalyst xx.x Released - The Good
    and
    ATI Catalyst xx.x Released - The Bad

12. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    ummm, think about implementing first physx, sli or multi gpu, custom rez options, cuda, 3d stereo, the most up to date driver development, real optimizations... and the list goes on... what has A,t little i ever done for the gaming industry let alone driver dev...

just my $0.02 worth...

13. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    imo, and TRUE lol, Ati have developed nothing lol

14. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    I wish they'd fix the colour controls. I'm constantly having to reactivate them.
    They've been an issue for as long as I've had this card & Win 7.

15. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    CCC In general does this, thats why I just saved my settings to a profile.

16. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb

Ta will try when i'm home.

17. obiwan07

obiwan07 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/NVidia
    Well we need a third one:

ATI Catalyst xx.x Released - The Ugly

(The Good, Bad and Ugly :grin:)

18. Kanemura

Kanemura Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB
    I get it, but I still think it's trolling. "Let's make fun of one waste of space by making an entirely NEW waste of space". Thanks...

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It isn't trolling, its a seperate thread where everyone can slag ATi to death with their, ATi are crap, im going Nvidia, they can't do drivers, wish id never left Nvidia, they are the only ones who can do drivers blah, blah, blah posts, as we dont want that page after page after page in the main driver released threads every single month (well i know i don't anyway), id rather read, xxx has problems with these, this is happening, thats happening, im rolling back ect...

If thats how the driver released threads are gona stay, then ill not be reading them anymore, as no point, im just not gona bother wading through all that endless stream of crap, the monthly drivers are released threads can stay trashed :)

20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC

Ati's multi GPU entry in the desktop market was the Rage Fury Maxx in 1999, what was nvidia's earlier one? Just curious.:)