Asus rant...

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by MR_James, Jul 1, 2010.

1. MR_James

MR_James Member

GPU:
    Palit Sonic GTX260
    I brought the M2N72-T Deluxe a while ago as it seemed a good board when I upgraded, however not long after I realised I'd made a horrible mistake for example my CPU was listed as supported but only with a bios update that asus hadn't bothered posting! I only managed to get hold of it from another user that had been nagging them for it!

Theres only ever been one bios update for it asus seem to know nothing about the board for example look at the CPU support list now http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=36iHvwecPz62bcDx

The only fan header that works on the board is the CPU one asus won't allow the board to be RMA'd because I stupidly forgot to put the cpu heatsink mounting bracket back on so it's been 'modified' and to top it off it doesn't even post most of the time!

Problem is I want to keep SLI and due to the whole AMD now owning ATI and Nvidia no longer making chipsets all I can really do is change over to intel.... :bang::bang::bang:

2. frizbee

frizbee Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 2GB
    I have a SLI board from MSI. There are plenty out on the market. Just look for a 720a, 750a, 780a or 980a board. My MSI NF980-G65 runs my new Phenom II x6 1090t like a champ. I did have to update the bios, but that is because i bought the board quite a bit before the x6s came out on the market.

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    This isn't much an ASUS fault than your own fault for not reading the CPU Support List carefully.

Just say your RMA reason is a faulty motherboard dead on arrival if the board refuses to POST.

Well, NVIDIA's just being stupid right now. They can definitely create more NVIDIA chipsets for AMD while they have a dispute with Intel but they're stubborn lil' company. Personally, NVIDIA's current attitude towards the market and its consumer can only be described as either a bully which I don't support so I'll buy ATi cards. Plus, they're generally cheaper for the same (or similar) performance.

deltatux

4. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Nvidia not wanting to supply new nForce chips for AMD is so close to suicidal their management should be evaluated by proper professionals.

I've had a few nvidia-chipset mainboards, and all of the "interesting" ways those found of crashing vanished when I went back to Intel MCH+ICH architecture.

If Intel _REALLY_ want to "stick it" to nvidia, they'll supply X58 chips compatible with AMD processors. ;)

//Svein

5. MR_James

MR_James Member

GPU:
    Palit Sonic GTX260
    The CPU was listed as supported on the list but for a bios version asus hadn't actually uploaded and now the only ones listed are the X4 620, 630 and Phenom 965 all the rest have gone lol....

The reason for the RMA is the fact the board doesn't post most of the time(It always used to but has gradually gotten worse) it takes a few power off and back on's for it to post and the fact none of the fan headers apart from the CPU work I only found out when I brought some new case fans! And they're refusing the RMA because I removed the stupid plastic heatsink bracket to fit a proper cooler.

It's actually almost like Asus never intended for the board to go on sale and it was a mistake that some retailers sold it :3eyes:

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It might actually happen like that ... I've actually never seen that board model before.

deltatux

7. MR_James

MR_James Member

GPU:
    Palit Sonic GTX260
    The thing that does strike me as odd though is I can't see any difference between mine and the M3N-HT Deluxe? And just realised I made a typo in my first post mine is the M3N72-T Deluxe :3eyes:

8. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    I remember reading about this board a little while back. Can't remember why I researched it, it may have been due to the lack of cpu support.

As support hasn't improved AT ALL, this board is a real kick in the rear for purchasers.

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Oh, I knew you made a typo, but I haven't seen the M3N72-T before. I have seen the M3N-HT for sure.

deltatux

10. MR_James

MR_James Member

GPU:
    Palit Sonic GTX260
    Yea this board is the only motherboard I've ever regretted buying the thing is the other problems I'm annoyed about but oh well it's the fact it doesn't post most of the time thats really causing issues and making it a right pain....

The board I put in my parents HTPC back in 2008 has had a bios update within the last couple of months..... grrrrrrr

Almost tempted to try the M3N bios just for the sake of it lol

11. MR_James

MR_James Member

GPU:
    Palit Sonic GTX260
    M3N-HT Deluxe...

[​IMG]

M3N72-T Deluxe....

[​IMG]

I just don't get it :bang:

12. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    They may look the same but may use different components.

deltatux

13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Hmm, the only thing I find different from your board and mine are:

• Lan Chip used
    • No ASUS Express Gate on the M3N72-T
    Other than that their seems to be no other differences, other than ASUS officially says that your board supports AM3 whereas it does not with M3N-HT [even though the board supports up to the X6 1090T with the 3002 bios].