AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Alright then. so knowing that I have a 5850, what should I pick out of the new 3.0 driver set?

2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    as said on previous message use the driver on first page v3.14 - 10.5a as suggested.

3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Thanks. Sorry, I got about 2 and a half hours of sleep.

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Wow, downloading 3.14 right now! Thanks!

The "Experimental v2.91" are the smoothest drivers I've ever used! But, i will try this new ones. Thanks again!

5. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    TwL...thanks for the advice..i cleaned up everything with the tool you provided inside the package...then i installed through safe mode, and then boot up correctly and installed everything later in windows...

these are absolutely the fastest driver until today...great work, but please try making them easier to install...i nearly gave up trying, but i succeed finally and the result is great, every new modified driver is faster than the previous one :)

and something else...the CCC you provide its not the most complete, but is good, try filling up your version with the missing(less) components from 10.5 whql HOTFIX, has the best and most complete CCC until today...i always reinstall these parts missing...if you can combine them it will be so smoother.! ;)

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Installed v3.14 and now my 2nd GPU clocks up to 3d clocks when gaming!! Glad this driver worked! Just played a little MW1 mutliplayer to test it, ATL+TABBED out the game and checked CCC and it reads both GPU's are running at 3d clocks.

Excellent work here my friend, also if you want me to test out that driver you can send it me through PM if you like. Please specify what I should be looking for when testing please. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @perosmct

Uh, what safe mode..

hell, it can't get much easier that this. I can count 12 mouse clicks 2 key presses TOTAL to do entire Uninstall+Installation (if no password on login and no extra reg entires then 1 on clean-up).

(in just usual Windows) Usual uninstall > hit the clean up(right click > run as administrator) > reboot > hit the clean up(right click > run as administrator) > usual install

done

Now what is missing from CCC? (it has all options + more than any CCC with the REG even than 10.6)
    Or do you mean that I should add them to basic installation? (I could do that but I have so far been avoiding to modify INF at all I mean I think it's more reliable that all files matches MD5 of official ATI files. So, I skipped the whole idea as it's nicer to just mod once & punch the .reg file in.)

-edit-

heh, a though.. I've done that installation probably few hundred times by now unless more. I bet I'll remember that still when I'm 80 or something. :biggun:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  8. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    maybe it needed just cleanup and simple install, maybe my pc was crappy..lol

but anyway, that is what i mean..from 10.3 and over i cant make CCC work..and the only working for me is 10.5wqhl, and then i reinstall your package components...so, i want to show you how many more it contains... :)

9. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    -Sorry had to edit quite a bit of message-

The full installation of CCC panel is actually as good as current your image splits would install 100% the same. The other one just has the 'update' & 'upgrade' OLD. It's not like there would be anything missing. Hydravision is separated install from 10.6 it's there. So is all other components and variations you see differ are meant for 'upgrade' or 'update' what these got is simply 'full clean install' (and believe it or not even this crappy CCC has the ugly damn 'encoding'-tab, lol).

I am actually considering switching the, atm, CCC to be the CCC from 10.4b (which didn't have the ugly damn encoding code horror on advanced).

but, hell, if you prefer the full one. replace the CCC folder in 'genetix_<ver>\Packages\Apps' from 10.5, but it won't do you any good. (as CCC on 10.5 is the same as this one the 'old after 10.3' last one is actually 10.4b even 10.4 WHQL is the new. Not sure why CCC from 10.5 WHQL would work any better I mean.)

:)

10. LiQU!D

LiQU!D Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB XfireX
    ati_****_cleaner strikes again. Bluescreen loops on reboot.

11. Mr Dohz

Mr Dohz Active Member

GPU:
    6970 Lightning
    it is possible to install gfx driver in safe mode ?

when i tried that , it doesn't allow me to do so.

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Sounds, curious did you this time get any explain why your system does this?
    (Kinda late probably to ask check event viewer.)

Wonder if you could do me a favor. Since you are getting BSODs copy, paste & run this as cmd file anyplace for me:
    Code:
    dir /b "%SYSTEMROOT%\ati*.*" >ati_fileschk.log
    dir /b "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\ati*.*" >>ati_fileschk.log
    dir /b "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\amd*.*" >>ati_fileschk.log
    dir /b "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\ati*.*" >>ati_fileschk.log
    dir /b "%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\ati*.*" >>ati_fileschk.log
    dir /b "%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\amd*.*" >>ati_fileschk.log
    dir /b /s "%LOCALAPPDATA%\ATI" >>ati_fileschk.log
    REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video /f "amdkmdap" /s >>ati_fileschk.log
    and send me the resulting 'ati_fileschk.log' content as PM as 'code' or as file ?

(Since I have here now AMD system to test I can spot, if your system has something specific in files. I could still understand a single bad reboot, but not infinite loop.)

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    BSOD happens here too, only way I can fix it is byt booting on the W7 CD and inject the driver for my Adaptec controller.

atiogl.xml
    ativpsrm.bin
    atiadlxx.dll
    atiapfxx.blb
    atiapfxx.exe
    atibtmon.exe
    aticalcl64.dll
    aticaldd64.dll
    aticalrt64.dll
    aticfx64.dll
    ATIDEMGX.dll
    atidxx64.dll
    atieclxx.exe
    atiedu64.dll
    atiesrxx.exe
    atig6pxx.dll
    atig6txx.dll
    atiglpxx.dll
    atiicdxx.dat
    atimpc64.dll
    atimuixx.dll
    atio6axx.dll
    ATIODCLI.exe
    ATIODE.exe
    atipblag.dat
    atipdl64.dll
    atitmm64.dll
    atitmp64.dll
    atiu9p64.dll
    atiumd64.dll
    atiumd6a.cap
    atiumd6a.dll
    atiuxp64.dll
    amdpcom64.dll
    ati2erec.dll
    atikmdag.sys
    atikmpag.sys
    ati2edxx.dll
    atiadlxy.dll
    aticalcl.dll
    aticaldd.dll
    aticalrt.dll
    aticfx32.dll
    atidxx32.dll
    atigktxx.dll
    atiglpxx.dll
    atimpc32.dll
    atioglxx.dll
    atipblag.dat
    atipdlxx.dll
    atiu9pag.dll
    atiumdag.dll
    atiumdva.cap
    atiumdva.dll
    atiuxpag.dll
    amdpcom32.dll
    C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE
    C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Manifest.Bin
    C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Manifest.xml
    C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles.xml

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{E96D32DB-36D6-41EC-BAE0-3181E7142B89}\Video
    Service REG_SZ amdkmdap

End of search: 1 match(es) found.

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @Mineria

The list is correct. There is nothing extra and that is exact what is in the 'ati_****_cleaner.cmd' what it cleans up. As far I am concern this is AMD motherboard stability failing badly.

Could you tell me what driver you were using before this? (because 'atitmm64.dll'-module updated will BSOD, if it jumps from either 10.6 or 10.4a)

-correction-

the above module would only cause BSOD only IF it gets updated and it would do this few seconds after login to the system, but not in the removal process.

-edit-

Adaptec? (damn, missed this part. Starts to sound like exactly instability where windows wouldn't know what the heck is wrong.)

15. popic

popic Member

GPU:
    Asus 3870X2 925/1010
    which should i use for 3870x2? :(

16. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @popic

There's only 1 driver. Which do you think?

Sure, that gives wide area of selection, but still ;PPP

@commonly

I am atm taking relook to our loved cleaning cmd file. I will do it so it won't need any kind of reboot at all. As simply as that. When done will replace the new one to new packages (when I simply can build something better than current), but as for now it will be separated download - This will be v3.16 package.

This will kill the whole idea that cleaning has absolutely ANYTHING to do with BSOD as there will not be an reboot at all.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Nothing to do with AMD on my part, I run on a nvidia chipset.

I used 10.6WHQL, then started using the release you made pre 3.0, 3.0 and just installed 3.14.
    The BSOD happens only if I do a complete cleanup of the drivers.
    But this time, I did install the 3.14 on top of 3.0 instead of doing a complete uninstall of previous set, driver seems to behave good so far.

I got no idea how Windows messes it up, it shouldn't be possible but somehow it seems to be very sensitive about my Adaptec SAS controller.

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    No it's an random incident. I know where the BSOD happens, if so and it's same on AMD as well as NFORCE sets as they uses same weak NB style.

Anyway, as said I will fix simple pass (already did the CMD testing it). So, the cleanup will be completely official process until installation & the cmd will only clean prior to installation.

This will kill all concept there is for BSOD and only idea is the previous driver, if something.

19. LiQU!D

LiQU!D Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB XfireX
    Can't check event viewer, the BSOD loop is during Windows 7 bootup. I have to use system restore to be able to load Windows 7. In the end I retried and used CCleaner instead of ati_****_cleaner and it's installed and seems to be functioning fine.

I have two issues though:

Sometimes my display flickers - similar to the low GPU clock speed issue present on multiple displays with older 10.x drivers. But the GPU clock speed is 400/1200 - which is what it should be for 2D.

When I load a game it shows a quick glimpse of the exit screen of the previous game I was playing.

Overall very nice drivers though, no slowdowns with all settings on high, 2x AA and 16x AF 1680 x 1050 BFBC2. :cheers:

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    TwL, I'll start with all the problems first.

First of all, the display has flickered black then back twice. Secondly, there is no secondly.

These are the best god damn drivers on the face of the planet. Your a genius bud. I honestly just don't have anything bad to say, which is magical to me. Keep up the amazing work.