NVIDIA 258.69 Beta is out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by chinobino, Jun 29, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

64 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

36 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

31 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    Here happens the crash with 2 Flashvideos at the same time.

And 10 Flashvideos are not a rare case, when you not filter and have advertises everywhere.

2. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    try updating flash to 10+

if you dont wanna update you can easy downgrade it to flash player 9 to fix the crashing again.

here link to flash player 9 for those that already found out they have issues with crashing flash player and dont wanna downgrade drivers.

http://www.downloadfreeware.nl/download-software/Adobe+Flash+Player+9.0.html

3. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Yes also i have the problem, when I tried 4 youtube videos 240/360/480/720p, i get Driver
    stop working.

Strange never ever have had this problem before, but it's a Beta driver so it can happen,
    so long it won't happen with the WHQL driver that comes after this driver.

With Geforce Win7 x64 257.21 WHQL i had this problem never.

4. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    Definitely the smoothest of all 200series drivers to date...I'm having a lil performance boost, nothing to get girlz panties wet, but still.

I didn't try much games, but still enough to keep'em for now...Can't wait to try'em with the major BFBC2 update tommorow....

5. XoBRAWLERoX

XoBRAWLERoX Guest

GPU:
    BFG GTX 295
    Just confirmed the drivers crash when watching multiple flash videos in Chrome. For me it took running 3 flash videos then I got a black screen and the "display driver has stopped working" message.

On a good note they did fix the polling issue causing stuttering with the GTX200 series and performance seems to be good. i think I will stick with these drivers for now and just avoid opening multiple flash videos.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    tnx i thought about it, but i changed my mind beta is still beta :nerd: lol i installed older 197.77 driver again..

7. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    whoever having this issue should try test this also in diferent browser it is't even browser related if tryit in IE asswell and same thing happends.
    so does't really matter what browser your running what does matter tough if you run flash 9 or 10.

flash 9 does't have gpu acceleration so kindy obvious one.

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    10.0.45.2.. is good too (no hw yet i think), i use that in winxp with 195.62 driver, if i use 10.1 i get some odd slow downs when watching youtube files..ye i know its a old driver but this one works in Fear combat:nerd:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  9. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    VATS does that on the PS3 as well, it's not nvidia bound, i had the issues with my 5870's as well

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    The game profile settings

1. Install the drivers
    2. I create/change profiles for games
    3. Set AO [if said game supports]/AA/AF/SLI modes
    4. Hit apply driver kicks all settings back to global defaults
    5. Reselect game profile, everything is set global default
    6. select an option to change [such as AA] no drop down box appears with AA levels [2x, 4x, 8x, etc]
    7. this also happens with every other setting

I've uninstalled/reinstalled all my nvidia drivers [chipset, physx, display] run driver cleaner.NET ccleaner and I always get the above result. meanwhile I've gone back to the 258.19's. I've done everything short of reformatting.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I have 10.1 installed
    I found a fix (myself wow :D) for the flash crash problem without downgrading Flash.

Just open any youtube video (or anything flash related); right click; select Settings; uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration".

I already had it off so it worked fine for me. I tried it on and it crashed from 2 360p videos. Back off and I can play as many as I want. GL

12. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    I'm not getting any issues with flash on my 3 480's in SLI

13. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I hate you....!!!

yep........ whats your address and when you next away from home???!????....lol

14. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

Ok but WHY? lol 3 480's? can you put a watt meter on your plug and report what it sucks up in a weeks time? I'm highly interested on the side of not only drivers helping your consumption but just it in general cause DAMN!!

15. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    It's disabled by default. I've turned it on though and it's fine. No issues. Actually smooths the game out in small 50+ player DM servers when it gets busy.

16. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Maybe the browser is just unstable at that level of usage. Opera has that problem.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    why, if its stable with 197 or 198 driver.. even with 10 videos and yes with 10.1 flash.

It doesn't matter, i just hope they fixed it soon..

18. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    Hi, I recently started playing CoH-ToV, and when I get into the game, the screen starts to shake. But only at high resolutions, anyone know why? Is it a driver problem? I had 258.49, then changed to this driver, it's still there. When the game gets into window mode, it doesn't shake... other games are fine.. =/

How do you fix?

Thanks in advance!

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Try turning off the gpu acceleration like I said previously. I have a feeling it will work for you.
    open any youtube video (or anything flash related); right click; select Settings; uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration".

20. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    These drivers crash the whole system when watching videos in youtube!!!