Polygraph "Test" Your thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by itsb1again, Jun 15, 2010.

1. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    That's simply not true, there any many many prescription drugs that people become addicted to. Even taken at the prescribed doses. I guess one can argue that as long as they are prescribed doses, it isn't really addiction, but they come to a point where they can't function without them.

2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    If it is not true, why was I not a morphine addict when that was used to keep me sedated after a chemically induced coma after surviving Traumatic Brain Injuries? I asked the doctor/neurologist why I wasn't a morphine addict and he told me that when medication is used for a reason and is actually needed, it does not carry addictive properties. But when it is counter prescribed or mis-prescribed, it can become habit forming and/or addictive.

This isn't to argue or cause a disrupt in the thread, but this was as it was explained to me from a 30+ year Practitioning neurologist when I became fully cognizant after suffering Traumatic Brain Injuries.

3. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    That is the "American" way. Why do you think every one in America has ADD...They are the most drugged up people on the planet.
    Also the OP is a douche, he is smoking weed and taking sleeping tablets, obviously he is a retard of the 1st class. I wonder if he knows why he cant sleep...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  4. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    In what way do you claim that this is the "American Way"? I find that racist and insulting. That's like saying America is the only country that does drugs.

Who are you to judge me for taking a night time sleep aid? I wake up at 4:00 AM in the morning and live with a Roomate and girlfriend. I like to be in bed by 9:30 so i'm not groggy in the morning, the sleeping pill insures this.

I think you're just a dick, completely ignorant. Go troll somewhere else.

Look at Amsterdam. It's legal there as is other places, soon to be California..

However beer, liquor and many many other things remain free because i have a little piece of "Paper" saying that it's okay.

Doctors are the #1 drug dealers here in the world. My doctor wanted to keep me doped up on this Paxil drug. I refused that and Strattera. Quit going to the Doc and now I feel great.

5. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    "I did do them some form of benzos at some point..."

My doc tried to prescribe me onto 1mg of Xanax every day with increasing the dosage to 1.5 mg in just 90 days. I told him i wanted something non-habit forming and he placed me on paxil. ****ing retard.

No you're wrong. Why do you think Polygraphs pretty much aren't used anywhere else in the world? They cannot be proven. I understood this a little bit before hand and therefor decided to "google" the polygraph.

One of the first links is to www.antipolygraph.org. They have a 202 page book named the lie behind the lie detector. I read it, then researched other pages, etc from elsewhere. Then I posted here.

6. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    People can function without them. However the reason I refused Xanax to begin with and was put on Paxil. My friend is really bad with these things. I wont take them simply because of this. He is from Iraq and is prescribed all kinds of drugs. He is definitely addicted and using way more than what he's supposed to.

So now after being on them for so long he is going to go through living hell when he "Detox's" This can last anywhere from 1 week to 1 year.

It happened to me on my Paxil. I had it very very easy compared to what yearly / consistent user has to go through.

After simply taking the Paxil for a week and a half / 2... I did not like this drug, my eyes are severely dialated no sex / etc...

I can only eat once or twice every 3-4 days. In 2 weeks I reported back to the doctors office and they freaked out because I had lost over 18 LBS in 2 weeks.

The doctor wanted to Taper me off of the pills but I wanted NO MORE So I decided to quit cold turkey.

I have never ever had a panic attack in my life before this day...

I would sit there, crying, crying, crying... I'm not drinking Alcohol, smoking weed, nothing... I can't figure out why I'm crying. Sweating sweating sweating... Ice cold showers help and so does blended fruit.

I was frequently puking. Not from being sick but from having an over-whelming anxiety and hyper-ventilating..

This slowly slowly slowed down over a matter of 6-8 days. Until my body returned back to normal. I was so happy to be able to eat 3 times a day, finish a meal. And not be depressed!!!

I believe the Paxil may of been the cause of my drug test at work because my boss said that I did NOT look normal but I trust him with my life he would never drug test me. He was just saying how he thought that drug ****ed me up worse... But I was working 12-14 hours a day, go home sleep... I thought I needed help, so I tried the paxil. It ended up almost ruining my life.

7. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    OP, your a ****ing junkie, ok.

Stay off any and all drugs.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Agreed I quit Insulin cold turkey five days ago... not sure why things are all blurry and I am really thristy all the time but I bet it passes after a more few days.

airbud7 likes this.
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's a bit of misinformation on this particular page of this 8+ year old thread.... "when medication is used for a reason and is actually needed, it does not carry addictive properties." That is false. Pain killers are a perfect example of how that statement is a lie.... Also, morphine is not a sedative and would not be used to keep someone in a chemically induced coma. Morphine is strictly a painkiller. The manufacturer of morphine also recommends against it being prescribed to patients with brain trauma....

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Well yes, the reason you use a drug, whether an antibiotic or a pain killer, doesn't affect it's chemical properties or addictive properties. Also opiates such as morphine have been used to induce comas because while they are more commonly used as pain killers, they also have a marked sedative affect. I'm not sure why you'd say morphine has only pain killing effects. I mean...if we're worrying about correcting decade old misinformation, lets not start another decade.;)

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I went by the manufacturer's own information. I also did not say that it ONLY has "pain killing effects". It also has the affect of creating addiction, as well as many other "affects"....

12. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    If you're lying.. it will come up on the polygraph. It goes by specific ranges i think, and its pretty accurate if someone very experienced is behind it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Polygraph isn't admissible in courts in the US because it's possible to get false results, and has produced false results in the past. There's also a high probability of the results being mis-interpreted. It's also been demonstrated that people under the influence of certain substances can "pass" a polygraph, as well as can pathological liars. To date, there is no "fool proof" method of determining if someone is lying or not.

14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    To them you are guilty, no matter what. And the more you try to prove otherwise, they will believe even more that you are wrong.

It's simple, once you broke their trust, it will never be easy to make them listen.
    Sorry OP, I suggest to spend effort in finding another job. Let it go. Prove that you are "right" in another way, and understand that to them you are the villain. It's harsh truth, but that's life.
    Best of luck!

airbud7 likes this.