Do you think i need to see a Doctor?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by killerxr290, Jun 20, 2010.

1. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Question for you guru's...

My chest as been aching most of today along with the left side of my neck and arm.

Its not pain just aching but its driving me nuts!! :banana:

I am a little concerned since aches and pains in the chest area are usually a sign of problems with the heart

Thoughts on this?

TY
    :stewpid:

2. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yes go to the doctors and get yourself checked out.

it could be something, or it could be nothing. but isn't it better to be on the safe side and just go?
    :)

3. Flakk

Flakk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    ^ yep i agree

go see a doctor about it.

4. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    Could be the heart(angina pectoris)depending on you age,
    but im guessing its GERB(heartburn)
    You do like spicy food and snacks?

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Do you feel it from the inside or on the muscles? I had cramps of the kind after heavy workouts. If it's from the inside you should probably see a doctor.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Probably pulled a muscle or trapped a nerve in your neck

7. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    I gave the NHS a ring and ive been told its most probably nothing to be worried about but to go see my GP if i still feel this in the morning.

8. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    If you are in doubt that you should see a doctor, there is no doubt: You should see a doctor.

Just like when you doubt you are fit for driving a car, there is no doubt you shouldn't.

//Svein

9. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Some advice, if you are worried enough to ask a bunch of strangers who (mostly) have no clue, then it's much better to ease your worries by seeing a doctor. If that's not immediately possible, why ask the internet which will give you answers ranging from nothing to Epidermic Hyperventilation Over Activity Syndrome?

If you're worried, see a doctor, simple!

edit: ^^beat me to it.

10. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    spicy food will not cause pain in the arm and neck
    decreased blood supply to the heart will
    your symptoms are of angina-decreased blood supply to the heart
    go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital immediately

11. evensis

evensis Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 4G 'Gaming'
    Actually, the heart and stomach are both connected to the vagus nerve and have similar symptoms, severe indigestion can cause pain in the chest, arm, shoulder, neck and jaw.

And is unfortunately the #1 reason why individuals don't seek medical advice immediately. The key indicator to look for is cold sweating, feeling lightheaded, out of breath (big one this) and a sense of dread accompanied by the chest ache. Again though, this could all be caused by anxiety.

I would say check your pulse, if you have bouts of an irregular pulse wander down the ER.

I would go to the doctor in the morning (if anything to set your mind at rest), if it gets worse during the night then head straight to the ER.

12. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Ok, if you know what you're talking about (which it sounds like you do, no dis-respect), why doesn't your post say, "GET TO THE DOCTOR!!'

E-peens are so last week, ask the P Monster.

13. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    +1
    Congrats
    :thumbup:
    You know you science!

14. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I reccomend you go to the doctors when you can. I'm not a medical professional, but I know people who complain of simple things, only to have it totally take over and be too late to fix.

15. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    This is basically what i was told on the phone by NHS Direct.

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Pick any mundane symptom of any illness and google it. See what you get. It's hilarious. 75% of the time its cancer, 20% of the time its a heart attack or stroke or diabetes or some other silly thing when in fact, its nothing. Pains happen.

17. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Pains DO happen, but so do the others sadly.

18. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    please got to a doctor immediately the symptoms described above may be there in a myocardial infraction(full blown heart attack) but angina may not cause them(there are different types of angina)
    in my 15 years as a doctor i have yet to see a patient with indigestion complain of pain in the neck and left arm
    but i sure hope i am wrong,and its just indigestion

19. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    What activities have you recently performed? 25 seems kinda young for the really serious stuff. Mal-alignment of cervical and/or thoracic spine in conjunction of having a rib or two "out" could cause those symptoms. May even consult a good chiropractor. I've experienced these same things as a result of needing a good adjustment. Have a loved one push along your spine bones using two fingers while laying face down on a firm pillow, one finger on each side of each vertebrae bone while your arms are out to the side with your head down with hands flat and palms down, toes together. If any hurt then that could clue you in. But like always, when in doubt, see a doctor. I tend to get T-2 (second thoracic bone) go right as a result of sometimes poorly performed push-ups where the muscles will pull the bone to the right a little and cause me pain like mentioned.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  20. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    I think it may of just been intergestion... even tho ive never had it like that before... I feel fine now witch is a relief!!

So any of you get "achy" legs if your tired from staying up late? Thats the feeling i had but in my chest, neck and arm.. was not very nice tbh but its gone now so meh..

Thanks for all the input btw.. will see if it happens again anytime soon.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010