Polygraph "Test" Your thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by itsb1again, Jun 15, 2010.

1. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    They refuse to let me supply another sample. It's this polygraph or nothing. I must ace it to get my job back.

2. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    I specifically requested not to be put on benzos because of their high addiction rate. I took a few paxil and returned them. they then tried to give me Strattera and I refused that, finally i just stopped going back to the doc. I'm not depressed at all.

I think that a combination in my sleep medication and the paxil have generated some kind of a false positive.. There is no way for me to prove it though. I'm not taking Valium. If I wanted Xanax all I would of had to do was say OK to the doctor because that was his first recommendation.

And what's the deal with them not being able to tell me what is is????

They claim it's a sedative, oh it's a muscle relaxer, oh it's a pain-killer... WTF

If these test's are so ****ing accurate then why can't they tell me what I "took" without a prescription.

Oh and to everyone that is accusing me of actually taking the drugs. **** off, seriously. I smoke some weed and that's it. If I really wanted the meds i'd get them the legal way, either that or purchase a prescription, i'm not that god damn stupid. Jesus.

And not to mention this never showed up on my first test, only on my second so why, please tell me why I would throw pills down my throat knowing im on the radar. Jesus christ. My second test was when I started taking my "Simply sleep" from tylenol and I had started / stopped my paxil. So somethign is fishy.

3. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    If you said in previous posts that you were taking “sleep medication” then I missed it. All I saw was marijuana and Paxil.

Benzodiazepine type drugs are most commonly used as a sedative. That is probably the source of your hot pee test.

Take in the prescription for your sleeping pills and show it to your employer. That should take care of the positive for Benzodiazepine. As for the THC you’re on your own on that one.

Here is a complete list of all drugs in the Benzodiazepine family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines`

4. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    They don't care about the THC. They know i don't go into work doped up. It's all about this "Prescription violation"

I don't have a prescription for it as it is over the counter. It has sense been re-called by Tylenol.. I stopped taking this as well after the "False-Positive"

And now basically they dont want to see another drug test. The ones i did were final. So I talked to the owner and he seems to think the only way to clear this up is with a Polygraph.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Im a SC 100% Pension USA Wounded Combat Veteran , i have taken all of the drugs mentioned in the DSM-4 for Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder , i have been taking prescribed Benzodiazepines for along time(Zanax) along side Zoloft wich is a SSRI just like Paxil for my condition of P.T.S.D. Theres almost immposible to get a false positive for Benzodiazepines , no matter how many Simply sleep" from tylenol you mixed with Paxil , its just not happening dude. By my own and vast experience for so many years you are NOT gonna have a positive result unless you DID take the Benzodiazepines , its True.
    Please get into a Rehab program and seek some help for your drug related problems , no matter if is marihuana or Benzodiazepines you do need help , its the best advice i can give you.

PS: I have a Masters Degree in Nursing Science with a Specialty in Geriatric Care ;).

6. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Oh yeah, I'm soooooo "slow".

It isn't admissible in court because it is not scientifically proven to detect lies, which would require it a high degree of accuracy, and because it is "interpretive data". The person administering the polygraph interprets the data and gives the results on what they believe to be the "fact" whether the person is lying or not. It also is a response to prompted questions with a yes or no answer. Meaning the questions are basically shots in the dark AND subject to the opinion of the polygraph as well.

There are hundreds of possibilities of mental processes going on when a question is asked, any one of them can give feedback to polygraph tester. "Are you responsible for your daughter being missing?" The truth is you aren't, but you feel you are because you let your daughter do X which may have gotten her kidnapped. Or you left the window open and someone got through that. In the end when someone asks you that question you will answer no, your body may react that could end up leading the "interpreter" of data to think that you was lying, when in fact it is just your self-doubt and blame.

7. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    you have the box or no? cause or even a receipt cause if not your sol.

8. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I've showed them all of this. They think that i'm absolutely wrong and i'm popping pills left and right.

9. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    You're 100% correct.

10. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I'd say more like 5%, stukov come in peace with reality:

The only reason it is not admissible in court (notice how you didn't say banned) is because in court you need to prove something ''without Reasonable doubt'' and since the accuracy is NOT 100% then this practice is DISCOURAGED not banned from existence all together. Now unlike most of you (I'm sure you're all fan of it), I disagree with our fine justice system. Basically it only allow liars that are good enough at it (and obviously that do not have overwhelming evidence against them) to slide out of well deserved dropping-the-soap time.

But to stay on topic with the lie detector test and OP's issues, I think JACK4HIRE made some great points. If you were unable to perform your job or felt affected in any way shape or form by your load of work I would've considered slacking on MJ too. In my case, consumption is barely affecting my work in my day to day functions, mainly because I keep it low and am never UI at work(when I say never I mean never ever ever)

(disclaimer: posted in a rush)

11. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I'm not sure what you are saying with that. Rarely in reading cases have I seen cases where (after they were ruled not admissible due to lack scientific evidence) the polygraph was admitted as evidence whether a person had failed or passed a polygraph.

In addition to what I said before, what you have is basically a polygrapher being a witness to the fact if the person is telling the truth or not, based on their observations. Courts have seen this (in addition to what I've said before) that it is not the role of witnesses to testify whether they "think" the defendant is lying, as that is the role of the Jury to decide. If the defendant takes the stand for questioning, it is not the role of another witness to tell the jury "everything they said is a lie, because I had them take this test..." it is up to the Jury to watch, listen, and observe the questions and answers of the defendant and come to their own conclusion.

It is not the role of a witness to give their subjective opinion to what they think the facts are (which is what a polygrapher would be giving), but to give the facts and allow the jury to make up their own minds. There are times that expert witnesses are allowed to testify, however, they are typically required to be an expert in their field (either with experience or education), with or to explain scientific evidence that has been overwhelmingly accepted by a body of experts to be extremely reliable.

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have taken a polygraph test given by a former mossad interrogator for work, the test was 100% accurate. He proved it by giving me a deck of cards and told me to choose ten cards, after that I was to choose one of the cards and then put it back into the ten. He told me to lie about which card it was and then continued to read off each card until he finished. He then looked at the paper and told me exactly which card I chose, he was right.

Like it has been said before, the test is highly dependent on the person giving it and even more dependent on the exact [wording] questions given.

Don't bother trying to beat it, there is no way you can beat it; even if some secret agent might.

Make sure you go over the wording of the questions beforehand. For example, if the question is very general like, "Have you ever taken pills before?"; redo that sentence as "Have you ever taken [name of drug] while working for [name of company]?".

During my test it even picked up on things I forgot but did and only recalled them after the test where it showed as a lie but during the test I honestly thought it was the truth.

So be truthful and don't try to be a hero and 'beat' the test.

13. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    That's where you're confused, polygraph should be used to show attempt at deception in general, not as a to-be-all declaration of culpability/proven plea of guilt

14. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    ok just to let you guys know.... drum roll

I passed it...

He was a older fella, tried oh so hard to get me into admitting, he even claimed he had back issues and wanted to know what I was taking to treat mine.. He claimed that my test had the most specific results that he has seen.

I used counter-measures, correctly detected his questions and answered while controlling my body.

Anyways -- battle for the job is still on the line. Figured this would clear it.

told you i could beat it... to all you lame haters out there. seriously. **** off. I win.

15. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    Of course he told you the card you picked, because you picked a king of clubs from 51 other king of clubs cards my friend. The interrogator is simply trying to see a response out of the machine because you "know" you picked the jack of clubs or whatever... so he asks you did you pick the ace of spades? no.. ok did you pick this.. that, etc.. then the card that you did make, your nervous so you shift your eyes, think about it and blurt out the lie "no".

Then he will claim that his machine can detect everything you're doing which will make you even more nervous and generate exaggerated responses to those questions at hand ie: did you steel the cookies... on his pos machine

The "Lie-Detector" only detects lies because you believe it can.

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    So you used "counter-measures" and "detected" his questions to beat a lie detector test you say was bogus in the first place? If you really aren't doing any benzos, why all the lingo (clearly, you researched), why the worrying about it, why the clear disdain for the test and the interrogator?

You're full of it. Maybe you don't do them regularly, but you did do some form of Benzos at some point before that piss test, I'm sure of that.

17. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Biofeedback machines help to make one more aware of the control that we actually have. Like a schizophrenic contains different personalities, one must adopt an innocent persona outside of the situation so that "persona" is answering the questions posed. This "persona" will answer innocently because they truly are innocent. This was taught to me from an old friend I had in the military who had things to do with PSYOPS and interrogations. If captured, an enemy may employ these devices to try to extract "truth" through interrogation and psychological means. Guilt and innocence are subjective if looked at in a different manner. ;) Really though, I am a completely honest individual and speak the truth at all times. I carry no guilty feelings because I obey the law and do not ever want to be in trouble.

18. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    Man I am not saying you are taken em...
    But if you are taking benzos stop, I was extremely addicted to benzos as well as heroin.
    The benzo detox's/withdrawals I went through were worse then almost all of my opiate detox's withdrawals.
    Benzo=
    xanax-alprazolam
    valium-diazepam
    klonopin-clonezapam
    ativan-lorazapam
    restoral-forget
    tamazapam

All the benzos pretty much sound the same. They are rarely a useful prescription drug. Altough in some cases they do help. Short term is used right they are great thats it.
    Anyways at first yeah they re cool there fun, your mellow, you dont remember the night cool.(Iguess) but eventually you will need them.
    So fyi if you are taking them stop when you are ahead.

19. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I take 2-3MG of Xanax every day for my anxiety disorders and I have yet to find out how anyone could possibly become addicted to Xanax. The only thing Xanax does to me if I take too much is make me sleepy. I also take Lortab for migraines, now I can understand that being addictive if you take more than your supposed to, but I still don't see how people "get high" off of Xanax. It pisses me off because with it being a controlled substance there are all kind of hoops you have to jump through (limited refills, higher price, more frequent checkups, etc.).

20. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    When a prescription is used for a valid reason, the addictiveness does not exist. But when a drug is abused, then it becomes addictive.