ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    hmmmm only my hd .mkv films seem to run in DXVA, how should i configure MPC Home Cinema ?

Sorry im using Windows 7 Ultimate :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Other two screens with on my last mission (which I cannot f.u.c.k.i.n. pass:3eyes:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

try and reinstall the drivers after you uninstalled the old ones, clean up everything in registers, on you HDD before starting to reinstall windows. It looks like the issue is on your system!

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Only the date in the web page is changed.
    I've downloaded it again and is the same that was at first.
    Both are identical.

AFAIK Only MP4 and MKV files with files encoded with x264 are working only on MPC

I use TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum to get DXVA acceleration on everything (or almost)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @MerolaC - What version number do you have for the profiles then in the Programs and Features control panel?

*EDIT*
    Ooops... you're right. Seems I had two entries including the new one but missed it so thought I only had the older ones installed.

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    On the Programs and features i have: 2.0.3810.33871

6. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    I was gonna install these but seeing the negative comments on bad company 2 as regards xfire, I guess I´ll wait for a hotfix. I already had this issue with 10.6 beta.

7. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Often, when bugs like these arise, they are platform dependent, but give a proper driversweep and fresh install a try, can't hurt more then the times it takes to do it.... But, if you find someone with the same platform as you, you have a better chance of finding the solution..

8. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Well, mosquito noise is gone along with artifacts! Now I can finally use EVR Sync with mpc x64 without any issues! Outstanding, I've almost lost hope after months of mischief :)

9. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

i can confirm bfbcII problems with hd5970, sometimes framerate goes to about 40fps, with 10.5a was rock solid to 60fps.... wait some hour the 10.6 hotfix :D

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    When will the 3D bug be fixed?

According to Catalystmaker it was designed for a dual card. And he added that it maybe reverted. However now that Cat 10.6 is here I don't see any change.
    Original twitt
    Response

What's the deal? We obviously don't have a dual card nor do we have problems with 157/300.

Why am I voicing my concern over this? Because my reference designed 5870 comes with just a piece of metal that cools the memory, vram, mosfets/vregs, etc and whatever else it's designed for. Now at 157/300 it does it's job well. But when the GPU and Mem goes up to 400/1200 along with the vregs/mosfets etc that plate no longer becomes an ideal cooling solution for me. In particular after gaming at 3D OC.

So I ask, where is the fix that returns 2D clocks back to pre Cat 10.5 conditions?

11. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Anyone else having a hard time downloading the drivers?

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This H.A.W.X. DX10 CrossFireX issue is driving me mad!!!

I've uninstalled the drivers, uninstalled the profiles then reinstalled the drivers and profiles again. For some reason, H.A.W.X. will only run on both GPUs in DX9 and only runs on GPU2 (not GPU1) in DX10 even though CrossFireX is enabled (the icon shows in top-right corner!).

Thinking the profiles were somehow corrupted I backed up the HAWX.exe file (DX9 one) and renamed HAWX_DX10.exe to HAWX.exe in order to force the DX9 profile. Guess what? HAWX DX10 *still* ran on GPU2 under CrossFireX and GPU1 remained idle!

What the hell is going on here? How come it works for Kohlendioxidus (nice screenshots by the way) and not me???

*EDIT*
    GPU1 does briefly switch to 3D speeds in DX10 when I select and apply my profile. However, a few seconds in the main menu screen it reverts back to 157/300 MHz and never changes. In DX9 though it does and CrossFireX works perfectly. :bang:

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The ATI site seems to be fixed now as I had no problems downloading the Application Profiles, Hydravision and the AVIVO Video Converter from there about an hour ago.

14. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I can confirm my HD 5650 got a boost from these drivers. Clock speed of 735/1000 gave me this:
    [​IMG]
    Up from around 8700!

15. Karas

Karas New Member

GPU:
    PC HD5850@850/5000
    For me these drivers are great improvement over 10.5a. BC2 runs a lot better. No more tearing (almost gone) with vsync off obviously. SC Conviction runs great now with the latest patch. Crysis min and max fps are up. So far so good. Gonna test some more tomorrow :)

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Come on ATI hotfix needed.

17. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    That was an hour ago though, still telling me their site is having issues.

18. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I'm staying away from these satanic drivers. 10.3a is the only one for me that doesn't have some horrific side effect to it, it's rediculous.

19. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Well now the Drivers are working but the App section is still messed up :(

20. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    working good for bfbc2, single 5850 here. quakelive opengl still broken :(