i5 650 Silent Computer Case Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Democ, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Democ

Democ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 5850
    Hello all, not sure if this is the right place to post this topic, so sorry if it is not. I am building a silent low power usage computer for my brother, and I was wondering what a good case would be. Cooling is not really an issue given we are just talking about a basic computer running an i5-650 with integrated gfx. No over-clocking and no gaming. He just needs basic stuff like front panel usb ports and it needs to be sturdy and be able to fit in a desk computer alcove. Currently he has an Antec 900 that barely fits, so it needs to be a tad smaller than that. I have been considering the Antec 300 and CM Centurion 590, but if you have any better recommendations, please steer me in the right direction :D

Thank you for your time Gurus!

Democ

2. invisible69

invisible69 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4870x2 2GB
    I think something along the CM RC330 should be fine, recently build an i5 750 PC for my friend and I used that case :)

Otherwise, something like the Zalman Z7 should be quite small too, or perhaps an Asus Vento. What's your/his budget? And any requests? i.e.: does/doesn't like flashy cases, LED's, etc... :)

3. Democ

Democ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 5850