Computex DFI halts LANparty motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Rukk

Rukk Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 295
    I've only had one DFI board and that was a X-38 tr2. I'm of the same mind as a previous post in that there were things I liked, really liked but at the same time I always, even from the beginning had a bit of a nagging thought that the board was a little more unstable than it really should have been.

I wrote it off as I happened to get a board that was a little glitchy. I recently was in the motherboard market and I checked out DFI's stuff and got the feeling that their stuff just wasn't for me any more. I got an Asus Rampage Extreme II and so far I've been pleased, may not be the best board on the planet but its already much more inherently stable seems like than the DFI board.

I feel DFI failed to continue to develop their products and subsequently allowed competition to enter their niche.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    :( , Sad to see them go. One of my favorite mobo makers byte the dust :/. LanParty motherboards were among the best of the best ever , i had my fair share of LanParty boards over my years of overclocking and it is trully sad for the overclocking community to see them go. R.I.P LanParty.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The enthusiast market is dying very very slowly. With the lack of PC games support from dev's why should people need such high tech components. You could argue until you are blue in the face that PC gaming is the superior. But at the end of the day you as well as I know that it wont be around much longer. Soon the only games we will have for our super powered rigs are The Sims, and Warcraft (which is basically what is keeping the PC gaming world alive), that and Steam. Honestly what is the point in hardware that can be tweaked so much if all we get to run on them is crappy console ports...?

4. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Owned one, it was terrible, the support was as well. I wouldn't buy another anyway

5. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Pffft, they never bothered to give the NF590 proper Phenom II support, when ASRock could do it for an NF3 based motherboard...

May thou rest in pieces.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hilbert, you must do something to stop this domino effect, before (God forbid) the only company left is Biostar....:p

It's madness....

7. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

True story. I also mountain bike a lot, and I have Specialized and Giant bikes, and the bike market is a very saturated one, so you have to make your mark with something, be it value, performance, or innovation, and DFI did none of these.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    @Hilbert: Do you think this is a trend that will continue until all that's left are a few mainstream manufacturers?

Is there not a big enough market for high end gear (perceived or otherwise)?

You can read the future, so please tell us - what's going to happen?

9. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    Pill, I think this just the standard old ebb and flow of the market, some make it, some don't, all for varying reasons. It seems DFI held their prices too high considering the questionable products they released recently. In the last two years, I have bought a few boards, and didn't even consider DFI. After NF4, their stuff seemed to fall away from what I would call good products, their price-to-feature ratio was way off.

10. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Their support forum is run by an idiot

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    MSI and ASUS forums are also a joke.

Blind leading the blind really..,.

12. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    If I have a problem, I come here. The support from most PC tech companies is a joke at best, makes me wanna club baby seals.

13. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I owned one DFI motherboard and it was junk! I paid way up there for that thing and never could get it to work right so I sold it and I've gone ASUS and never looked back.

14. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    I RMA my board because on shut down it won't power down. Os shuts down but fans and lights were still on. Anyway they fixed the problem but don't know if its the same board or not but can't do 215 Bclk anymore anything over 206 bclk it wont post at all no matter what volts i throw at it. A bit pissed about this as i can't do benching at 4.4ghz anymore ....

15. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    HAHAHA, I laughed hard at this one, dude. :D

16. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    The original NF4 SLI-DR I brought has to be the best thing for computers I have yet to date brought.

RiP Lanparty series, you will be missed.

17. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Glad to be of service.:nerd:

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Biostar is completely worthless....