ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.5a Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mercury_22, May 28, 2010.

1. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    ^ Dig your Avatar

Hopefully they work harder on the 10.6 release.

2. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    your nickname sounds little dutch :D

indeed nice avatar like was said before me :nerd:

PS. to above who explained the hotfix install question... thnx alot bro! :pc1:

3. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Somehow AMD/ATI should really be embarrassed. Every major release follows a hotfix with a fix, which should have been already in the main release. How could they still miss that BC2 bug?

4. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    if you watch the build date and release date of the drivers: 3weeks!! I think AMD hurry up to send the drivers to microsoft and need to wait for the WHQL, and that need some time.

The rest that is not fixed will be released in a new not WHQL hotfix release.

5. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    It is not the first bug they fix and re-break , another one is the 2D/3D clocks bug ....

6. Knutselmaaster

Knutselmaaster Active Member

GPU:
    AMD6870 xfire
    It doesn't only sound Dutch, it is (at least the knutsel part of it)
    But is drag and drop available for xp users or not?

on topic:
    I agree that it is kinda silly that ati forgets to include fixes that they allready made before, but on the other hand, they listen to the community and fix it right away. There are lots of companys that don't give a sh*t about their consumers, they only care about the money they bring in. I mean; everybody makes mistakes, but only righteous people confess that they do.

7. ForMol

ForMol Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabite GTX 980ti Xtreme
    Both Ati and Nvidia fail on drivers .. both have / had their glory days ...

Used to be a Nvidia fan boy .. was very impressed with physx and cuda (tho i barely used them) ... until i realized that the uber Nvidia boards were always making my system unstable (sound loop lockup on 8600gt 8800gtx gtx275)

The GTX275 managed to kill my ex sound board btw ..

At least ati is cheap and they keep it public .. and they also give more Sh** about the ppl and not only cash incomes + dirty competition

8. Knutselmaaster

Knutselmaaster Active Member

GPU:
    AMD6870 xfire
    Since nv's big rename old cards to sell them for new sceem i'm ati all the way.

9. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    I am getting high 2d memory clocks on my 4870x2.

Doesn't seem like one can override them via the prifles XML file either. Not sure what to do other then create profiles with After burner and switch with a hotkey. Quite annoying since now I'm idling on desctop close to 90 degrees ont he fan profile I used to have and kept around 50 degrees with.

Anyone got a solution for this? I just installed 10.5a over the 10.4a, perhaps that screwed things up?

/edit

Hmm after comp crashed once when I was trying out OCs on BC2 to see if they improved after dricer ( wich they havn't by looks ) the 2d clocks reverted by themselves to 300-500 core memory, but when I tried to go into the profiles xml again and force them to 300-300 they reverted back again to the previous 507-900 as 2d clocks. Hmm extremly annoying.

When I tried altering the autotune profile to 300-300 they automatically changes back to 507-900 aswell even after a save of the xml file.

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  10. sink257

sink257 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 1GB Crossfire
    Somehow the 10.5a doesn't work for Mobility Radeon cards :(

11. Rik55

Rik55 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD4850 700/1100MHz
    That's cos they havn't releaded a Mobility Cat10.5a. Only the Desktop version.

12. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    Go back to older drivers. Only solution i have found so far.

13. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Hmm might be right.

I tested to alter the values in the user made profiles but the 2d and 3 vaules are mixed up. So when you have to change the 3d values to change the 2d ones, really odd. And as I said in my original post when altering the autotune XML profile it never seem to save but the driver resets the values to 507-900 instantly :wanker:

Really no idea what they could have done to screw that one up. Well hopfully the driver ruin my X2 so I can sue them for a 5870 :)

14. Silentspy

Silentspy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor-X
    is 10.3 or 10.4 the currently best drivers?

(i found 10.3 to work best for me somehow)

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Awesome loding times in Bad Company 2 on HD4870 in DX10.

Good job ATI.

16. omri09

omri09 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD4850 VAPOR-X
    Yeah,but 10.3 does not have support in DXVA for some encodes.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    no issues for me on 10.5 hotfix. but yeah 10.3b for me were great, might roll back.

18. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    You don't have the 2d memory clock stuck aswell?

I really can't find a solution to this other then creating a afterburner profile, might try that tomorrow..don't understand how they can have skrewed that up from WHQL to hotfix Oo

19. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Yes. This is a very recent driver. Or not... :biggun:
    Direct3D driver version in the old beta from april 06 (which I am using ~50 days ago) is 8.14.10.0755
    The version number in this one is 8.14.10.0753
    It is boring that they are publishing up to 30+ days old builds with WHQL stamps, so they always have to release a more recent build as a hotfix and they will still miss something.

This "one driver in every month" schedule never was an optimal strategy. But this is some kind of circus after ~10.1 and it is getting worse... :bang:

They can have one WHQL for every month. But they should release as much beta builds to solve problems and bugs as customers need and they should do it as soon as they can. (not in a mysterious almanac based schedule...)
    I do not want to wait an entire month if they miss something on the scheduled release. And I do not want to see this funny status when I have a 50 days old driver which is more up to date then the recently published hotfix version. :3eyes:

They are forcing a disadvantageous system and they are trying to keep it alive with funny subsidiary actions. How long will they act like this? It was a stupid idea from a ruined company (ATI). AMD could be smarter. :puke2:

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  20. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    how is JUST CAUSE 2 with this driver?

Can anyone confirm please?
    i see frame drops here and there on 10.4 preview
    on my crossfire system drops from 75 to 60

but before i had like constant nearly constant 85-90

thx all gurus frnds!