The most disgusting thing I've seen...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by vbetts, May 22, 2010.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So this is something that has happened at work over the past month or two. And for personal reasons, I will not name any names that were really involved at all. I will give everyone this is about their own little names.

Manager-John
    Asst. Manager-Jack
    Current Manager-Jill

Now my manager and my asst manager John and Jack were working and making the company I work for the most money out of all the stores in America. The store chain is known as Cellairis, Cellairis sells cell phone and mobile device accessories. Our 2 stores have been the top since both has opened up until 2 months ago. Now John and Jack were both great at their jobs, we always exceeded our $35,000 goals for the months with them running the stores. Since they both know how to sell to people, and what the people want. They also knew everything about their product. Well Jill came around one day looking for a job, and Jill got the job as a sales associate like I am currently now. Jill stole sales, and was fired because she had her lip pierced when the company handbook she signed had stated "no facial piercings." So she was fired for that, but the district manager of our area told her to come back and she was rehired. As well as she is apparently the only one who knew what she was doing even though she stole sales and over priced our stock we had, which is why her numbers were so high. So come last month, she went to our district manager and owners with little things about both the John and Jack. John had 2 kids already both under 7, Jack just had a baby about a month or so ago. So, both of them were fired for little things that basically meant nothing, and Jill was made the Manager. Now for the past 2 months, we've been short our goal by $10,000 each month, and the sales associates are to blame. Even though it's the managers job to make sure that they order what the people want, and not what she wants.

My thing with it, she did not report them out of professionalism, but she did it out of spite. How could you be so low to do that when they both had families? Jack was evicted and forced to move back to West Virginia because of it! And the district managers and owners did all of this without looking back. Jack also has a case against them going through court right now, because they made it so he wouldn't get his bonus he needed by writing him up a week before the problems starting to happen. John has another job already thankfully, and Jill is on the verge of being fired. And me, just out of moral reasons I refuse to work for that company that can go so low like that and not even feel any remorse about it. It would be different if John and Jack weren't doing their jobs, but both of them were the top 2 sellers of the whole company. So this is why I say this, Cellairis is located in most of the 50 states around in malls. Do not support Cellairis, do not buy these products that are made. I have found out how much it takes to make our cases and other items.
    Plastic cases=85 cents to make, $1.25 to ship. Price tag of $20.
    Silicon-50 cents to make, $1 to ship. Price tag of 15.
    Chargers-95 cents to make, $1.25 to ship. Price tag of $20.
    The cases are not made for long lasting, they are made for short term.
    I have also quit my current job there because of all of this, do not buy from Cellairis, do not support Cellairis, and do not give any attention to them. They are money grubbing tools who will do anything for a quick buck.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Gotta love politics.
    The power of the tits only go so far according to your report.
    And why would people do this?
    Well, my best friend sometime ago was a McDonalds manager. He had worked his way up from crew under a woman's crew. He eventually became her assistant manager. However, he was doing too good of a job that the manager started worrying about whether or not he would take her job. Well...needless to say things went iffy at the store and rather than owning up to her mistake and accepting the blame, which would have gotten her fired, she blamed him and subsequently he was sacked.

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    It's funny how you think cost of production has anything to do with sale price.

But ultimately, its stupid. I only have your half of the story obviously, but if what you say are the facts, of course this woman should have her face plastered on every wall throughout the country so everyone knows who not to hire.

But I don't see where you don't want to support the store anymore, that doesn't make sense to me.

4. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I know the feeling. Except I won't let it get to me. It 's the world we live in and how we as a people live. Either get used to it or become poor trying to avoid it. Sure it's not fair but life is like that. The only place you will find the just getting the better is in the bible and fairy tales. Real life just goes with out reason and those who take asvantage of a situation wind up on top. Does that suck? Yes. Unless you are the one taking advantage. Lions don't chase down elephants and bears. They go after the weaker more volnerable. Just the way things are. Sorry.
    As for the cost VS sales thing, that is called good business. No one is forced to buy stuff from your store and if they want to spend $20 for something that was made for $2 then that's their fault. In a sales business you have to pay for your staff, your rent, your bills, taxes all on top of the price of the product. That is why even though stuff was made for $2 it must be sold for 3-5x the price. More if it's in demand or market value dictates it. That and I doubt a charger is only going to cost 10cents more to make than a plastic case. :)
    Chin up. Working life only gets harder the more you let it get to you as a person.

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Corporate politics at smaller scales. Currently, I work for a "mom and pops" electrical company. A pretty small venture, but they have been in this town forever and lotsa people know our name. With only 4 employees, it's more family than anything. Prior to that job, I worked for a corporate run electrical parts supplier as a counter sales/inside sales person and hated just about every second of it mainly because of the way that corporate politics plays out.

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Product costs, packaging, shipping, rent, sales tax, employee pay, etc. All of which could be done at $15 a case instead of $20.

My reasons for not supporting the store, is based on how they treat their employees. With how bad we were treated, and nothing is never enough, and to even be so low as to ruin the lives of families so quickly. Based on morals, I can't support the franchisee and for that I ask people to do the same. You don't have to listen to what I say either, your choice. If you don't feel that you shouldn't support them, fine. If you do, fine.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You said they got fired for little things, but I find that hard to swallow considering they both got fired.

One dismissal would have been something - but two? C'mon....can't have been all her fault

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Is this a guess, or did you look at all of the books?

9. Darth_Sidious

Darth_Sidious Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 GTS
    I can believe its all her fault. People get fired all the time for the most stupidest, ill-logical things.

10. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Uh not really. Usually its for directly disobeying.

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    So? Nice suggestion there, "put your ass up and get raped, you'll get along with it" You gave up. Thats all. Your choise, but FOR GODs SAKE dont EVER say that is the best thing to do. Its like a suicidal guy let convince you that living doesnt make sense.

12. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's already been calculated with the average rent of store space plus everything else that they can make a profit even off $15.

13. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Well, focus on the thing with the girl, because this is hardly a complaint against the store.

I mean, first of all, there's no way they can say, rent/wages inclusive, they can make a profit off 15 dollars a whatever. What if they only sell 10? Besides, you don't price in order to barely skim the line between profit and loss, you price comfortably, where people will buy the item, because that is all that matters. The business makes extra profit in the good times so YOU, the employee, can get paid during the bad times and so the business and store can expand and hire more employees/give their customers a better experience.

14. Darth_Sidious

Darth_Sidious Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 GTS
    I think you missed my point. I wasn't arguing they disobeyed (how else could she get them fired?). My point was that it was most likely for stupid crap that should not result in firings of good employees (the O.P. specifically mentions "little" things).

My favorite example: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/04/sprint_employees_fired_for_cap.php

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  15. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    Moral

Is what the girl and the company lack's of.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Are you honestly surprised that the cost to make something is nothing compared to what they sell it for... I laugh at the fools who honestly believe the bullcrap Sony spewed out about selling consoles at a loss, what utter nonsense. Combine that with the fact that they won't release PC games due to the standard being $50-$60 for them while console games sell for $80 here. Didn't mean to go too far off topic, just felt like throwing an example out there.

17. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Everyone has his own way of dealing with hardships of life, but the thing is that you should be aware of their existence and don't play innocent who's getting surprised by people's greed and cruelty. Gosh, it's so obvious nowadays, I wonder why people still freak out like that.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    nm...

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  19. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Never take your work home. And never take home to work. Just a job. As long as you are competent, do your job, take initiative, and add to the process, who gives a rats ass what happens that does not involve you. that is just my take on it all.