The first review driver NVIDIA 256.76 (32bit)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bakalu, May 18, 2010.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    May we see a GPUZ readout with this driver? I have my doubts, nothing personal.

2. bakalu

bakalu Active Member

not a bug, I tested again this morning Dirt 2 and the results remained the same. Check config file settting in the Dirt 2 as follows:

[​IMG]

p.s: this driver 256.76 only supports fermi.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  3. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Very nice ! Can you upload the driver somewhere ? :)

4. Warpy

Warpy Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. strangerd

strangerd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 SC | XL2370
    Yeah, but running without any AA and at 1680x1050 would make a huge difference. I ran the test last night with those specs and got 43.9FPS. As opposed to my 26.9 when running at 1920x1080(16xAF,8xAA) with everything maxed out.

But I have my doubts about his specs/results. Would like to see a screenshot.

6. bakalu

bakalu Active Member

here it is
    [​IMG]

7. Wohlrajh

Wohlrajh Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Wow I also first thought it was suspicious to have that much increase in perf in Dirt2, and then I saw that it could well be two different benchmarks. But your last screenshot seems to confirm the boost. Well if that's not a fake and the 2 benchs have been done on the same rig with the same graphic options and just a driver switch, that's really awesome !

The only thing I would love to see is a comparison with Metro2033 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 on DX11. The results would be very interesting ;)

8. Wohlrajh

Wohlrajh Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Ok, but in a way who cares about Crysis anymore ?? Maybe some people are still struggling to play it 3 years later but I'm not. I'm an hardcore gamer, finished Crysis in 2007 and now the games I'm playing were released on 2009-2010 you know ;) And I think I'm not the only one in this case ^^

So that's what I want to know, DX11 games mainly, because that's what this set of drivers is meant to boost for Fermi cards (it's only for Fermi apparently as Bakalu said). That's why in the screens he linked, I almost only cared for DX11 games (and DX10 in a less extent way). I was already convinced that DX9 games won't have a noticeable boost. Crysis is DX10, and the bench didn't show a difference, ok. But RE5 and Call of Juarez did show a boost. DX11 games he tested showed a very nice boost. So for me if these tests are not fakes, this driver is very good for Fermi.

9. strangerd

strangerd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 SC | XL2370
    Huh?...No I don't doubt the system specs in the OP:). I was replying to someone who replied to someone else who released his own Unigine Heaven 2 benches with 5870 Crossfire and 9600GT physx. It's his benching specs/results I doubt.

The guy posted his results (that was supposedly better than a single GTX 480) with that bench setup and I just posted better results with my single GTX 480 :D

10. PoiNt54

PoiNt54 Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 480
    Why 6 gig physical memory reported in the Crysis benchmark for 197.75 and 3 gig ram reported in the 256.76? Benchmark bug?

Nice tests though. Any chance of getting BFBC2 installed and seeing if the load times are short for DX11?

11. strangerd

strangerd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 SC | XL2370
    The first driver test was done with 64bit and the second with 32bit, if I'm not mistaken:)

12. bakalu

bakalu Active Member

197.75 for windows 7 64bit
    256.76 for windows 7 32bit

13. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Well, it's a 32 bit driver anyways...

14. Wohlrajh

Wohlrajh Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Good point here, I have very long loading times with BFBC2 on DX11, that's why I stick with DX10 for the moment. But yeah that would be good to know if that's better on that point.

15. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    You seem to complain about everything. Have you ever thought its not the drivers, its your hardware that sucks or something. And anything over 60fps is impressive, what do you want to see 400fps in games or something lol

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

That's funny coming from someone who creates threads to talk about how great old drivers are and how crappy new drivers are. Maybe it's just YOUR hardware that sucks.

17. CSSM

CSSM New Member

GPU:
    HD7770
    Upload the driver and give the link. Or you give us false results? Why? Or you do not have a driver and just lying to us all?

18. toyzruz

toyzruz Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx280@sli
    57 posts and no download link?

19. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Actually My 9800gt just doesn't fuction good with new drivers , like it does with older drivers. So really like i said before, the new drivers may be good, but using a older driver does work much better with older cards.

the driver isn't suppose to be release until the 24th, next monday.

20. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    Chances are he is testing the BETA drivers and if he just handed them out he would lose his position as a tester,or worse .Same as CoolerMaster and other companies,or Game makers you sign a NDA and if you break it they can come after you legally .And these types of companies have the money to do it so dont think of it as a idle threat .