**The HD5770 Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by keenan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    If you dont even know what cpu you have, how do you know if possibly damaging your card will help you at all, even if somehow that would improve your gpu's perfromance, which it won't unless you use it to oc it further than its current limit.

Do some research nubben, and comeback when you realize what you actually should be concerned about.

Nubben = cute nub :3

2. rlkd82

rlkd82 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 5770 1GB
    Wondering if any of the Gigabyte cards that got flashed were this model. Doubtful since its a non-ref card but cant hurt to ask.

3. Equinox_br

Equinox_br New Member

GPU:
    HD 5770?
    Guys....I need some opinions about the 5770 from XFX with this cooler:

HD-577A-ZNFC
    [​IMG]

How is it for overclocking? Can I get a safe 950Mhz core??

4. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    That's a Rev. 1 cooler, so yeah. I have the Rev. 2 cooler (egg-shaped), and it easily does 960 out of the box without any voltage tweaks. But for $100, I couldn't pass it up. :D

Mine easily does 960/1440, but I have it at 930/1375 right now for the sake of not having it burn out on me too early. :p

5. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    I replaced my 8800gts640 by a MSI 5770 Hawk yesterday. I love it. Nice performance boost, all is working like it should, the card is silent and runs cooler... new happy ati customer here \o/

6. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Hello people. My gtx260 got busted and i sended it bk and today they (after 2 weeks) they called me from the store telling me it has a problem. I was like ''YOU THINK?'' but anyway they said i can pick any card i want with the same amount of money but since they didnt had any 260s ready i ordered a MSI 5770 HAWK http://www.plaisio.gr/Computers/Hardware/SVGA/MSI-R5770-SVGA-Hawk-PCI-Express-1GB-R5770-Hawk.htm whcih should be delivered today. I know how a 5770 performs ( had 2 failed 5770s before iget a 260 lol) so my question is whats the most stable driver so far according to you guys? i know drivers perform differently on each system but i would like to have a stable one than downloading the newest one and have problems with it( again thats to general since the latest one can be the most stable still my question i beleive is valid)

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea thats the one I have which I used MSI AB to enable unofficial overclock for my 1ghz gpu overclock. Without editing MSI AB ini you can hit 950mhz on the gpu.

Mark I been using the 10.4 preview drivers and not the WHQL drivers.

8. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Hi guys, i hav bought a xfx 5770 on saturday .. Now i am tring to install it but when i am putting my card on pcie slot then no display is comming .. But my onbord display is working perfectly .. I am using an ati chipset based board .. So guys can u halp me ??
    (my board is diffrent now , nt in my profile, now it is an asus ati chipset -- M3A78-EM)
    (sorry for my bad english)
    Thank u ..

9. mkchiu

mkchiu Member

GPU:
    1) Check if BIOS is set to boot from PCIe graphics, or internal/onboard only, etc.
    2) Confirm 6-pin PCIe card power is fully inserted.
    3) Confirm BIOS is latest version.

10. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    thanks m8 although i downloaded the official 10.4 drivers from the start and they work like charm absolutely no problem. Also overclocked the card to 1000/1300 and its solid rock stable (yes i know memory can do more)

11. cmregalado

cmregalado New Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770
    3d Mark Score Review

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post my 3d Mark Score and see if anyone had any ideas as to how I can get some more juice out of my CPU/GPU. Running a single XFX HD 5770.

Any ideas would be great.

-Thanks

12. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    i beleive that (and correct me someone if im wrong) ur gpu score is decent enough with the 5770. now if u want to get more out of both gpu/cpu try overclocking them

13. vlatko

vlatko Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870
    Hi guys, would this card be a big improvement over my old HD3870 which has served me well? I'm looking for something under 200$ and this seems to fit the bill nicely...could I do better than it with the said budget?

14. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    You won't find better at that price point, besides maybe some old 4870s that are a few fps faster or slower depending the game.

15. Messerschmitt

Messerschmitt Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7970 DCU II
    Hi, I would like to know if a 5770 would be better than my current 4870 512mb if I could get one for no price difference.

16. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    probably wont be much of a fps gain for you,you might be better off with a 58xx series so you just don't waste your money.I went from a EVGA 9800GTX 512 to my msi r5770 hawk 1gb and seen a huge performance increase.

17. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    Any word on the "grey screen" issue..? it's already solved with the recent drivers?

18. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I never got the grey screen with my 5770 hawk

19. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    Thanks, good to know it! i'm about to build a new system with a 5770

20. tykjen

tykjen Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    only a 5850 would surpass your 4870 afaik.