Gforce N7950 GTS 512mb gddr3

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by hexxeh, Apr 26, 2010.

1. hexxeh

hexxeh New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gforce9600GT 2gb
    Hello all :)
    This is my first post, and i have a question for opening my guru3d carreer!

I have a Gigabyte Gforce 9600 GT 2gb GPU installed atm. I Just recieved a newsletter from a local PCStore, selling a Geforce N7950 gts Gpu, compiled by Gigabyte, (Directx10,512mb gddr3, 320bit, HDTV,DVD-I, D-SUB), at only 30 Euros.

Is this a worthy upgrade from 9600gt (for its amount of money), is it a downgrade? or what? ( i really havent heard N7950 chipset anywhere else).
    Just for Info, my mobo is a 780i nforce based mobo (striker II formula).

TY in advance for your help

PS: if the price is good, i might consider, getting 2 of those and making an SLI compilation :p

2. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    If this 7950GTS is like a 7950GT it would most definetly be a downgrad from your 9600GT. The 9600GT is like an 8800GT which is a fair bit stronger than the 7950GT, I dont know an exact figure for how much stronger but its pretty big! Stick with the 9600GT.

3. hexxeh

hexxeh New Member

GPU:
    Wow that was fast!
    haha, TY :) if i find another 9600GT ,does it have to be exactly the same for an SLI connection to work ?

4. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Geforce N7950 gts Gpu, compiled by Gigabyte, (Directx10,512mb gddr3, 320bit, HDTV,DVD-I, D-SUB)<<<< something isn't right there, the 7xxx series are dx9.0c only,

and AFAIK your mobo supports SLI, so you can buy another 9600 and use SLI without problem

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010

5. hexxeh

hexxeh New Member

GPU:
    thats why i wasnt able to find this card in Gigabyte's site. probably a missleading Advert,from the local PC Store..

6. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    We just hang around reay to pounce on questions haha :D. Any SLI connector should work really. I cant be too sure though as I never ventured into the world of Multiple GPU setups. They come bundled with Motherboards mainly, sometimes with GPUs. If you dont have one I imagine eBay would be crammed with them.

EDIT - Sorry, just looked at your question again, having the same card would help because you will know that there will be no compatability issues. If you were seriously considering upgrading, id ditch the SLI 9600GT option and just put it towards a GTS 250 or a HD 5770. If you went the GTS 250 way you could SLI it later on for more performance!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  7. hexxeh

hexxeh New Member

GPU:
    Probably i didnt say something correct. i have SLI bridge(aka connector cable). im asking this : do i have to have the same card twice to make SLI , or does it only have to be same GPU.

8. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I read your original question wrong, look above!

9. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    you can only run SLI with the same GPU(brand does not matter). if it has a different memory value or clocks (1GB card w/ 2GB card) you put the lower memory amount/lower clocked card in the primary slot as primary card and it should work...