No sound from HDMI

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Streetball, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Streetball

Streetball New Member

guys help!!

Don't have sound when connecting to my philips tv from my vaio Z series laptop. It has nothing to do with the tv (previously it was working with other tv and the tv works with dvd).

I found the problem. It has to do with the nvidia drivers (now installed the one from sony). I have windows 7...

Tried to intall original nvidia drivers...nothing... tried to used modded ones...still nothing...if the nvidia drivers installed...then I have issues with the intel chipset...

Only once I managed to update to other version of nvidia drivers...and the sound appeared...however... when I restarted at some point the laptop...again I had errors in the device manager.

Please help me to find appropriate drivers!!!! graphic card is Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS

2. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    What's the sound card? Can't help you if we don't know these things.

3. yleclerc

yleclerc Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB
    HDMI audio is really the SPDIF quality audio coming from the sound card. You need to switch over to the Digital Out quality sound.

4. Streetball

Streetball New Member

Sound card is Realtek High Definition Audio (at least it says so in the device manager)... but really is not the sound card....it has to do with nvidia drivers...I'm sure about it!! when once I managed to update them...everything worked... until I restarted...

when I connect I can see that the HDMI sound device is selected and the equalizer is moving...

5. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Go grab the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers from here:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Realtek-HD-Audio-2.46-Driver-download-2513.html

Download, install, reboot. Reboot again just to be sure.
    Then do a Windows Update and see if it offers you any updates.

Also, be sure you don't have digital audio disabled. Go to your Controll Panel, click Sound. On the Playback tab, there should be three or four items. Speakers, Headphones, Digital Audio (S/PIDF), Digital Audio (HDMI). You want to make sure that the Digital Audio (HDMI) is enabled and set as your default device.

Then set your TV's audio source to be the HDMI audio source, and turn on the TV's speakers and set the volume to anything but 0%.

6. Streetball

Streetball New Member

Thanks for the advice but I have done all these before I posted here.

Trust me, it has to do with nvidia drivers... I need to update somehow to newer version... any ideas in these direction?

7. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Did you install the nvidia hdmi audio driver?

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Might sound obvious, but have you enabled HDMI Audio in the Nvidia CP?

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    GeForce 9300M GS doesn't have onboard audio and requires SPDIF from the realtek chip.

10. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Guest

GPU:
    Make sure Audio is enabled in Nvidia drivers, then make sure HDMI is selected as default audio source in control panel