Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Just installing this baby now!

Well, after a short play this is quite a good FPS by the looks of things!

Playing at 1920x1200 eye candy on etc I'm hitting 60, 70 and up to 80 FPS.

I think my 4890's will need replacing soon! lol

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    all righty the game is picking up now. There's human and monster enemies.

Anyway when i ran fraps it didn't show up on the corner when i played this game.

U mean this game doesn't suppport fraps?

Well i don't know how it benches but it looks smooth though.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    What version?

Latest FRAPS release is 3.2.2 I think and 3.0.0 is required for DX11 specific titles to work with it. (Unless running under DX9 or 10 of course.) newer versions fixing bugs and compatibility issues.

4. ibitato

ibitato Guest

WoW, the inmersion and ambient it's just awesome, I've been reading the book and then playing the game, great ..............

10.3 plays better than 8.70C2 I used to have........

BTW, just one 4870 1GB gpu plays great at 30fps ..........smooth like hell.......

5. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    IC that must be it, i don't have the latest version of fraps.

6. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Btw does this game have any great out door scenes? I know a few of the early stages u are above ground but still it's not really out doors.

Are there any stages with forrests or is everything mostly underground?

I'm asking this cos someone commented that it's easier to render underground scenes or scenes where u're inside a tunnel.

That's why games like f.e.a.r, doom etc are easier to render compared to crysis.

It doesn't take that much effort on the designer's and pc hardware to render stuff indoors inside a tunnel compared to rendering them in the great outdoors like crysis.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's the Metro subway-shelter tunnels plus a bit of the nuclear winter-wasteland area of Moscow city ruins, all are somewhat restrictive and not fully "open" but you can explore.
    (And are encouraged to to find equipment and similar where possible.)

8. edward perkins

edward perkins Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    well this game is awesome i dare say this game has graphics better than crysis well i m still in favor of crysis well metro 2033 is an awesome game i m playing with ma new gtx 480 water cooled edition..

9. edward perkins

edward perkins Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    no man this game is really scary even i even get jitters whilst playing this **** and i even pissed....

10. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    especially certin parts in the dark where the monsters will pop out and of course flash backs and those ghostly hallucinations which actually have all been done by fear before but this one does it with better graphics.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i started to continue my game on pc. disabled advc. physx and it gives boost but something is missing now. cant name it but. something is missing.

12. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    wow this game is awesome. the level of detail with dx11 is amazing.

13. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    wow the game just gets better there's a ride inside a fast moving vehicle while u shoot at moving enemies segment too. Just like RE5, just cause 2, crysis and a few more that i cannot recall.

Anyway this pissed me off

The part where he meets the small kid. Does he actually piggy back the kid? This doesn't even make sense since when he's carrying the kid you move very sluggishly and it shows. Why can't the kid walk by himself? He's not exactly very young probably around 10 carrying the kid makes it harder to fight.

14. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I disabled physx cos it slows down the game. It plays smoother in some stages and nope i didn't notice anything missing. Might actually be your imagination.

Just test it yourself.

Get your fren or someone to enable physx in 1 game and then disable it in another one but not tell you which is which then play it. Most likely you cannot tell it apart.

I guess physx is for those with at least a quad and the best is a dedicated card.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmm..maybe..u know i used to day dream lol

and iam in chapter 4..how much to go? and why sneaking isnt so effective..i mean its dark..using silenced weapon..but if i cant kill with 1 shot kill(headshot)he suddenly turns his back and starts to fire on me instantly like he already knows y position. and all other enemies starts to do samething. thats crap..ruins sneaking..

16. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

i suppose u have not reached the same part of chapter 4 as i have. Just see what happens above in my 3rd last post it gets better.

17. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Graphics wise the game looks nice.
    But the game is just to linear and frustrating.
    I'm not really enjoying it yet.
    Anytime I think sweet then the sweetness quickly turns sour game play wise .
    eg: Awesome a gun with a scope.. but I can never see anything through the scope at a distance due to the scope is dirty or the bots are always standing in the dark behind smoke or standing behind a light.
    I never have enough ammo for any gun I use even when I rotate guns as I'm going and I'm forever picking up ammo, but I always still seem to have no ammo.
    Awesome some dead bodies to search, oh hang there's a spawning bot from nowhere hitting me, doh I should have been quicker the games loaded the next segment before I could grab those goods..
    Great got my hands on a turret while cruising the tracks..
    Doh it turns slow while everthing is cross firing at me..
    Weee, joy ride in a mine cart, damn it's fun being only the option to duck or shoot and not move while 11 bots open fire on you.. not, lucky for nades, shame they are so slow to bring up in your hands..
    Ohh hang on switch back to gun.. ohh hang on it needs reloading..
    I'll just shoot these creatures and then I have an explore around and try and find some ammo.. there got that done.. doh I fell down a hole as I finished off the last creature.. lets do it all again.
    Doesn't seem to matter if you plan it out or not it just feels like I'm encumbered at every turn in the game.

Almost ready to give up on the game as I'm finding myself feeling pissed off more then smiling while I play, but I'm only upto chapter 6..
    Maybe if I persist a bit longer I might get to enjoy it more, I hope.

Edit: Finished it!, enjoyed the graphics, story was ok as well, but the game play sucked from start to end for me.
    Glad it's over and I won't play it again even if DLC comes out for it..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  18. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    so i take it this game is like 2010 version of Doom 3 with slightly different "story?" X_X

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i love this game the russian dub is soo great :)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i stopped PC version again..started NEW game on xbox360 version on HARD difficulty..its damn punishing..u dont regenerate ur health quickly..and die easly :S

and i hope there will be DLC new areas, new tunnels, adventures etc.. as i didnt finish game dont know the ending maybe it ENDS there so logically no DLC may fit? or DLC comes as new guy and adventure..i am sure i want more.