Latest Drivers Without Video Stutter?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mark007, Apr 17, 2010.

1. mark007

mark007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    Hi,

I have been trying the latest nvidia drivers and all recent versions seem to have the horrible stuttering problems watching movies.

Does anyone know the latest / best driver that doesn't have this problem?

Regards,

2. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    None!

Use older 196.34 or 196.21.

3. mark007

mark007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    Great thanks. I assume nvidia has a bug report already about this, or should we create one?

4. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    What are you using to watch videos?I havent had video studder with any drivers.

5. mark007

mark007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    I use mpc-hc. Maybe its only with dual cards like gtx295? Its like every second or fourth frame perhaps is in the wrong order. Like backwards / forwards / backwards / forwards.... really weird.

6. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Yeah there seems to be alot of people using mpc-hc and have problems.I think its the program,not the drivers.I use Arcsoft TotalMedia 3 and watch movies everyday and never have problems.

7. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti

report bug please... i reported it already, but we need to whine!

Its programs fault?!?! thats why REVERTING drivers to older version (196.34 and older) and using same version of MPC-HC FIXES the problem? How can this be program fault?

8. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    could try 197.03 Quadro driver if 197.45 dosnt work

9. juampii

juampii Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX480 @ 850 / 2000
    maybe because that program uses something of the drivers, and works with the olders but not with the new ones, i use kmplayer with arcsoft codecs or arcsoft total media extreme and i don't have that problem, in kmplayer i need to change 2 files in my codecs folder to propely view all, ArcDemux.ax and ASAudioHD.ax (demux and hd audio codec). Also im using evr, and arcosft program uses it by default.
    Maybe you can try another player and stop thinking "hey if they works with an older driver its a driver fault". maybe nvidia fix or broke something with the new ones or add/remove some thing, and that thing make troubles with mpc-hc, codec, etc.

Maybe mpc needs an update related to that?

10. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    MPC-HC is updated frequently (every week for sure, sometimes even daily)... if it would be their fault im sure they would fix it by now :) but oh well...

11. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Without MPC-HC there's no possible way for me to watch 1080p .mkv files without any stutter. I'm using the 197.16_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql driver (and a custom resolution which allows me to upsample from 23.976 fps to superfluid 200 Hz on my LCD HDTV, using its built-in TruMotion technology).

12. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    What do you guys expect from a free media player.If you want to watch HD movies and such,buy one.ArcSoft TotalMedia Theator3 plays everything and in high quality,but it isnt free:)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Because being free or not, MPC HC has better quality than TMT3 when setup correctly, and its not broken universally with the player, mostly when playing XviD's using the EVR Sync renderer.
    TMT3 did improve alot with the last patch, but it still has issues with trying to HW accelerate certain mkv's, and still has the worst quality of the three BluRay software players.

Someone suggesting setting the Noise Reduction to 1% in the NVCP, but the best drivers i've found have been 195.62, and that is what i stick to when watching movies, as all the newer ones have had the 16bit Colour bug when changing refresh rate.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  14. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    facepalm.jpg

I added the 32 bit modes back to the list as additional custom resolutions, it works.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i got that working too, but for some reason the colour didn't looks as good as before, even the NVCP had this pinky/red look that wasn't there before.

Edit: Managed to duplicate it there with the 195.62 drivers, the custom resolution seem to create an image that looks very different to the default ones, contrast seems higher and whites don't look as clean.

16. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    why dont people just use VLC. i mean i have media player classic and vlc and tons of other players for certian codecs but still, like, dont blame the drivers for a misconfiguration

17. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Flaky color management used to be a problem for me too but it all seems fixed now, because previous driver versions gave me reduced vibrance. Nothing I couldn't fix by myself using the NVCP adjustment slider, though.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Im trying to fix at the moment, for some reason once i created the custom res in PC, my HD,SD 1920x1080 options no longer support 32bit Colour anymore either, with the recommended one being 1920x1080 16bit 30hz???
    Gonna need a re-install:wanker:

nav-jack, Nvidia admitted there was a problem, people didn't just start blaming the drivers for no reason, and people don't use VLC cause its not very good, its a jack of all trades, but master of none type of player.

19. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    No need to reinstall, everything magically goes back to 'normal' if you just remove all custom resolutions. The only thing that really bothers me from time to time is you can't save 23.976 as 23 instead of 24 because then it bugs (as a result of that, both 23 and 24 will give you 23.976 so 24.000 is gone until you remove all custom resolutions). :3eyes:

20. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    i can only lough at comments like this, like people read only 2 posts and make an oppinion (stupid one if i may add)... WHAT MISSCONFIGURATION IF REVERTING DRIVER BACK SOLVE PROBLEM? if you have certain setup and only thing you change is driver then i guess misconfiguration is bad... and VLC image quality sux ass and other thing is UI that i dont personly like... Also i did FRESH install of Win7 today (since office 2010 went RTM and leaked), actualy im doing fresh installs pretty much monthly (instead of uninstaling stuff im just doing 3h reinstall). Only thing i installed after Windows was nvidia driver and MPC-HC... bam still didnt work... missconfiguration right? Im using PCs for around 15 years (since Dos 5.0), im system admin in some medium sized company, dont think i ever had a problem (with my computer) that wasnt solvable OR it was a "well known error", so please dont threat me (us) like we are some idiots... i WANT to use MPC-HC with EVR CP/sync. I like simple UI of MPC-HC and i refuse to switch from it. Changing something you use for years, just because some other stuff breaks it is hm... stupid. I would consider switching, if MPC authors would break something and then they wouldnt bother to fix it for a month or two i would eventualy say "f it", but since its NOT their fault it pisses me off.