197.45 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Neggers, Apr 13, 2010.

?

197.45 Better than last driver?

1. Better

134 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. About the same

50 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Worse

29 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. kENSHu

kENSHu Member

GPU:
    ECS 8800GT 512mb OC'ed
    lol i added the mpeg4s filter and it suddenly fixed the problem for me, i hope it stays like this.

2. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    move seek bar once or twice up and down :)

3. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX

Then tell me how are you getting the thumbnails for all your video files without using a 64 bit codec pack!!. By default windows explorer cant generate thumbnails on its own as it still uses 32 bit codec set as default.

4. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    What did i talk without sense?:3eyes:

5. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX
    I use haali of course :nerd:

[​IMG]

Remember to set the offset like 10000 or so ^^

6. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:

Haali splitter 64 bit??? i dont think it will handle thumbnails for mpeg, rm, rmvb, flv!!!

7. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    For anyone with the EVR bug, have you tried the newest beta on codecguide.com? It fixed it for me, don't have the stutter anymore. I haven't installed this driver yet either. I also got the newest version of mpc hc from the developers site, maybe that helped.

8. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Yeah but whatever codecs I need come with TMT3.I used to have to download vista codec pack all the time and it didnt always work.These guys complaining about it being the driver all the time makes me think it isnt the driver.I havent had a problem with a nvidia driver in years not playing video.And I dont know why everybody is using the old mpc to play videos.It never looked thast good to me and the new one with windows 7 plays everything anyways with codec pack.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  9. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    I tryed everything i can think of, including this (im updating everything basicaly as soon as new versions are out anyway). Only thing i didnt try (yet) is totaly fresh windows instalation with only drivers + MPC-HC installed... and that is planed for the weekend. For me just seems to be "broken".

10. Haunted66

Haunted66 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 780Ti SLI
    Nice driver, and my SLI visual indicators are back! Were broken in last 2 sets of drivers.

11. Grand-DK

Grand-DK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 680 GTX
    64/32 bit does not matter which.

To be honest i dont with most of those formats other than mpeq is working with thumbnails. The other ones I really dont use or is ever going to use.

12. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    That sucks man, I did have the bug at one point a few weeks ago but then it was fixed after trying out all the newer beta drivers and upgrading mpc hc. There was some discussion earlier about changing the codecs around as it is shown in the screenshot in one of the posts. Not sure if you tried that yet or not but it did fix it for a couple of people.

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Nice and stable driver. Good job Nvidia!

14. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)
    I feel I have to point out that the MPC-HC EVR bug always happens in windowed mode, if you only play media fullscreen with MPC-HC then you will probably never see the problem we are talking about. That said the problem can introduce itsself while media is playing in fullscreen but can bet fixed by a simple pause and unpause.

It has been confirmed by many now that the fix nvidia has in this new driver is not 100%, mkv's are fixed but avi's are not for example.

There is still the madVR problem that I hope nvidia will fix in win7 x64 drivers.

15. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

Can anybody help me ? My 260 Gainward Golden Sample doesnt revert to 2d clocks anymore,that with 197.25 or 197.45 how can i fix that ? Now it stays always at 3d performance clocks !

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I have the very same card and i dont have that issue.

17. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    No issue on my EVGA GTX260. I'd guess you might have some driver version conflicts.

Uninstall the driver, Run Driver Sweeper and then reinstall.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    what is this video codecs tread or drivers thread?

and codec packs are useless in win7 imo, especially klite etc...i dont use ANY and dont have any problems at all..

the more codecs you have the more it screams for problems and incompatibility issues.

19. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    I have the exact same card (if it's a GTX that is) and have never had these problems.

First thing to verify is if you're not running in "extended screen mode" (read: dual view) because then the clocks NEVER drop, and that is normal it seems !

In single screen mode, they should always drop. Never had a driver f*ck this up.
    But if what I just stated above is not your problem, then it means something else is, and there is only one solution normally.

Full clean install :
    - uninstall everything NVIDIA (gfx wise that is)
    - uninstall all OC appz (like Rivatuner etc)
    - reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper (get the latest version from Phyxion)
    - while still being in safe mode run Ccleaner and clean everything, then reboot
    - install driver etc ... done

Now it should work, if not, you're doing something seriously wrong.

Actually the answer to almost all problems is always the same :).

And I really have to laugh with all these EVR problems here ... 0 problems here with EVR and lovely ZoomPlayer ! Beats all programs including MPC, which I used to use until I tested ZoomPlayer.
    Comes with a separate center which checks which codecs you need if you want to view this or that, and auto installs them if you want by a simple press of a button, you can also manually install and configure etc, all possibilities are there.. You always know EXACTLY what codecs are installed and when there is a newer version with the use of this center.

I don't think Win 7 handles MKV's etc by default, so ... it's almost impossible not to install any codecs, on the other hand I do agree totally about the packs ... everyone just keeps on using these codec packs ...
    People who use a codec pack, are ppl who are asking for problems imo. No matter how famous a codec pack it is.
    Me personally, I consider codec pack users as people who have little or no knowledge of what they're doing, sorry.

This driver btw is very good. Seems better then the .13 & .25's.
    There is still room for improvement I think as since the 196.75 there is again less responsive input from mouse, but I'm talking about ms's here which is very hard to notice.
    Performance might be a fraction better then the .13's or 25's. Like most have said here, nothing special.

I also noticed sharper IQ, something always hard to say if it's really there or not, but it seemed that way in any case.
    Very good driver overall.

20. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

+1 for that...

and about these Thumbnails of vodeos..i dont know what you all mean, i have no extra tool or codec for this but i see thumbnails for my videos..

anyway..it was working before the 197 drivers, so its damn right Nvidias Fault..

Thanks SoloR for pointing that out...

ps.. i dont USE CODEC packs..that would be an bad idea, i get the codecs i need and use em with MPC or MPC HC..so i only use what i need and not a dip more..

oO, and for the Rest, cause its a driver thread...
    yeah they perform pretty well. dunno image quality, but i think its on paar with the nice quaddros i had before..
    here are some benchies:

3Dmark06:

SM 2.0 score : 7300
    HDR/SM3.0 score : 7109
    3dmarks Overall: 15433

Vantage:
    GPU score : 7062
    Overall : P7193

3Dmark06:

SM 2.0 score : 7305
    HDR/SM3.0 score : 7121
    3dmarks Overall: 15445

Vantage:
    GPU score : 7084
    Overall : P7226

Overall, battlefield runs a lil better..and pretty smooth...